Turtle akuma is this the best way to play

he would pick SA1. block the tatsumaki, and reversal.

As for Neco trying to get close, I don’t disagree. But Akuma has a solid close-up game too, so it’s only a matter of who’s a better player here. Random jab shoryukens will hit random Stretchy Arms and leg grabs and low mks, some of the most tossed-out stuff from Necro players I’ve seen.

hope things are cleared up :tup:

my Dudley > nanitaberu’s Akuma :lol:.

you’re still my hero, keniiiiii!!!

:rock:

In the Urien thread, I think it was laid down that Akuma can’t reversal teleport out of a meaty Aegis if you hit him with Urien’s F+HK overhead during Akuma’s wakeup standing frames.

no. Almost anything Akuma can do after a blocked tatsu will stuff the Kneedrop. It works only against throws (but then, headbutt is better)

you mean f+HP right? He can always reversal teleport anyways, the only situation where it’s difficult it’s in the corner unblockable setup since the commands get reversed halfway through.

I remember Kuni saying that Urien can hit (1-frame type situation though I think) Akuma’s Tatsumaki recovery with a well timed jab (Crouching jab I think) into tackle into whatever… More or less for Aegis Urien, with other supers you can just reversal super…

the 1-frame (standing) jab thing works only if the tatsu starts very close, else it will be out of reach. It’s hard, anyways.

Just to be clear Necros that do random stretchy arms are scrubs. Random Low mk is okay as long as it’s used sparingly. But Random stretchy arms will get you killed and any necro that does that should stop now!

you can’t say your dudley > my akuma if i’ve landed the KKZ on you in like the 2 out of 3 d vs a matches we played!!! maybeeee your dudley = my akuma. but nah. my akuma > dudley. WOOT

you’re still my beast++, wahahahaha

and i’ll stop giving advice on fighting necro with akuma, because it rarely happens. for the couple times it did, my random jab srk worked and i’ll leave it at that.

BUT TO END THIS THREAD- WHICH IS ABOUT "TURTLE AKUMA"s, THE CONCLUSION IS RUSHDOWN AKUMA >>>>>> TURTLE AKUMA. :tup: done. whoever posts here after this post is a spammer. wahahahha

Crossup DP motion anyone? :slight_smile:

:r::df::d::db:+:3p:

That’s not how it works. The way to get out of crossup situations by teleporting is to teleport opposite of the direction you want to go. No need to change the motion, just do the teleport the wrong way on purpose. Works for Ken’s crossup j.forward and things like that, so should work the same way for the crossup kneedrop unblockable.

1. :lol:. i was thinking Movieland as opposed to Rush. but i still streaked your Akuma on your turf :annoy:.

2. yes, i’m beast++ :lol:.

3. yes, i like to spam :clap:.

:rock:

Alright, looking over this post I asume that defensive is horrible for Akuma, therefor offense would be key. Admittedly I dont know much save for akuma’s move-list and a few combos I am reading off the net. Came from CvS2, but Akuma on that game feels very diffrent from what SF3 offers. How does Akuma play? Can he maintain pressure like he could in CvS2? Are their any relativly easy setups?

I could spam questions all day, but it’s just how I learn. Ask a question, apply/practice the resonce, evaluate.

Just play against computer Akuma to see an example of the pressure Akuma can apply. Of course it is a computer and eventually you’ll get used to its patterns, but playing agsint him for the first few times, you can see how Akuma is such a suffocating offensive character.