TTT2 Team Discussion Thread

:eek: Nina/Jun is probably really fkin cheap, but with a reverse order.

Steve is gay no matter how you cut it, so that team should be fine.

With regards to Heihachi/Lili, I like a reverse order there because Heihachi get easier/more opportunities to tag buffer and you can use Lili coming in to take people to the wall, where she REALLY does work. I think Heihachi overall does better in the front spot, but in general that team is fine I think.

As a fellow mishima/Lili player I’d say the Hei/Lili is definately good because Electric amongst other things makes up for Lili’s lack of safe or especially damaging launchers.

The thing is, I’m not sure how to use Heihachi, so I use him casually (for fun, I mean). I just basically use her jabs while I juggle and poke with Lili.

With Steve, I just picked up, so I also jab and swerve with him, and since I main Nina, everything’s handled from there.

Nina and Jun, I juggle, mix it up, pressure, and aim low. Synergy’s pretty good as well.

:eek: I have no idea why I read Heihachi/Lili as Lili/Heihachi. >_>;

Nina/Jun should be gd. I use Nina/Asuka and they work relatively well together. Jun isnt as gd as Asuka but it should still be more or less the same

Okay. Now it is time for me to talk about another team:
Jin Kazama and Violet (Lee Chaolan)
Fundamentally speaking, Jin and Violet are both solid characters. They have a good balance in low/mid pokes, launchers, stances that lead into multiple moves, and mix ups. It is relatively easy to punish and juggle with the likes of Jin and Violet. One needs to keep in mind that there are a few differences between Lee and Violet themselves but the same concepts will still apply if the player intends on playing either one of them. Those of you who are playing Jin should never forget to parry those high/mid as you time them correctly. You can keep parrying high/mid strings and make “safe spammable” moves… not safe and spammable anymore.
If you see a low blow coming from a string, be prepared to low parry and follow up with b2,1 to juggle for a full combo. Jin should be able to capitalize immediately after a parrying a string or an attack with EWHF. Please remember that Jin’s f(n),df+1 (EWHF variant) hits MID and launches!!
Violet has a load of good strings and juggling combos to work with. For TA! fillers, Violet can go for b2,4,3, his default TA!, 4,3,4 or 4,u3… Very nice good TA! fillers. Violet can also wall carry during his own TA! filler with 1,2f (dash forward) or b2f (he can dash forward from this too). If you don’t want to have as many hits in your combo and you looking forward to a big finish, use Violet’s b2f dashes for combo continuity instead. Otherwise, you can still resort to 1,2f and follow up.
For Jin, you can use TA! fillers such as b,f2,3f (Mental Alertness), 1+2 which works very well when the opponent is towards the wall. Jin can also use TA! fillers like Mental Alertness to 1+2 for a quick two hit combo. The problem with Jin is that the majority of his juggle don’t really do that much damage, but Violet/Lee can nullify
that with his TA! fillers. Both characters have easy tag bufferable launchers and lots of good low pokes. Jin and Violet also have generous wave dashes which allows them to close the gap between them and the opponent and follow up with many different moves (like Jin’s L.L.R.K. to b2,1 for another full combo or Violet’s dash
3+4 for his slide - very difficult to react to, especially when Violet is close). A very good launcher for Violet would be things like b+3+4 > 2 or dash 3,4. Jin can resort to CH d3+4 (THIS IS NOT SAFE SO DO NOT RELY ON THIS TOO MUCH… er… Jin does not really have any safe launchers outside of the CH).
Jin’s f(n)df+1 EWHF is a good options. Jin also seems have a lot of moves that will bound, so he may be able to function a lot better when there is a wall.
Both characters seems to operate better when there is wall because they can maximize damage with them and, and Violet can help Jin the wall carrying department. Jin on the other hand can provide Violet assistance with his powerful mid hitting pokes and long range options. Jin and Violet are both a good team. Violet is pretty much a solid character, while Jin is pretty noteworthy due to having one of the best moves in the game (his parry) and his overall playstyle. This team might be a little poke heavy too… Violet can resort to this like f2,1 (the first hit is a mid and the other is a high but on CH it won’t mean much and he can get easy damage and good spacing from it). Lord KNOWS Jin has a load of powerful mid hitting pokes like f,f2 (Demon Paw), d+1, db+2,2, f+4, etc… Last but not least, Jin and Violet can both dish a nasty mix up game with their stances (Violet’s Hitman and Jin’s Mental Alertness). Many of their moves can also go into this stance and they can follow with a bunch of moves from there.

So I decided to place myself in Nina rehabilitation and drop her as a character as I run Anna and Feng. Personally, I feel you can start off with either character, but starting off with Feng, you have his f+3,4 and iws+3 (or qcf+3) to tag in with Anna, and from there you can deplete a lot of red life, nearly half with f+3,4.

Feng: f+3,4 ~ 5, Anna: df+3,2~df~1 (crouch dash), f+3,2, qcf+2,1.

When you tag in Anna, you can do df+1 before df+3,2~df,1 (crouch dash), but after the 1, you have to time the f+3,2 right or else the juggle will drop. The tag combo does about 98 damage. I feel in general both characters compliment each other and Feng can back up Anna with his strength.

So I usually roll with a Lars/Leo team, but sometimes I feel like I want to pair Leo up with someone else. Maybe I’m not getting the combos I need down. Sometimes I do but I wonder if there is a better teammate for Leo. Even if there’s one for Lars too.

Also, I like Asuka a lot, but I am not sure who to pair her with, besides Jun. Is that a good idea?

:eek: You could run Asuka/Leo. :smiley:

I personally don’t like Asuka/Jun because they both suffer from the same bad matchups and don’t really benefit each other in a special way besides having the same last name. x_x

Leo is really solid in this game. Very powerful - she has some of the best Tag Assault fillers in the game and very sweet wall carries.
You can easily put Asuka with Leo. Or Lili. Because, even if Asuka or Lili were on Leo’s team, they would get rage a lot quicker and they both appear to have good synergy together. Lili is also annoying powerful in this game (as long as you know how to keep your opponent from side stepping and apply pressure) Feng is also a good choice for characters like Leo. I can picture a lot of nasty set ups from a Xiaoyu/Leo team. Oh yeah. I just gave myself an idea.
Asuka and Leo are a pretty standardized team though. Asuka has very good whiff punishes… Another thing that makes Leo noteworthy is that a lot of her attacks involve her moving forward and closing the gap between her and her opponent. Frame traps ahoy! Make use of those frame traps so that you can go for the win.
Try to pair Leo up with Feng, Asuka, Lili, Xiaoyu… Perhaps a Mishima. Maybe Jaycee.

For the Asuka/Jun players.

[media=youtube]0XKF_fe6cQs[/media]

Great Dark Hero gave some really good advice. Asuka seems to be a good choice. She’s more defensive and Leo looks like an all-around character who can be paired with anyone (I’ve seen her with several characters). Feng would be a great choice as well. I’ve fought an Anna/Leo team online and they were really good.

:eek: That video was SWEET by the way, LOL.

Does anyone have an idea about Lars too? Or…? I do like playing him. I’m glad for the comments I got back too. I’m going to try those out today. :slight_smile:

So far, I’ve been having decent success with my Xiaoyu/Jaycee team. Xiaoyu really helps out on the corner carries since that lets me use Jaycee’s df 3+4 and I get access to her d,df+3~1. The fact that they have many launchers to tag off of really helps. My only complaint is that I can’t ever seem to get Xiaoyu to get more than 90 damage off her combos, but that’s more of her character than anything else really.

And that Kazama video is pretty epic with the Engrish.

Lars is very noteworthy in this game. The main reason why he often considered one of the best characters in the game is because of his tag bufferable moves. He is loaded with them, therefore he go pretty well with the majority of the cast. The same could be said about characters such as Armor King and Nina for example.
Tag bufferable moves include things like 1+2… uf+4 - there is so much your partner can do when Lars gets a hold of the opponent. Another thing about Lars is that he can do an incredible amount of juggle damage. Lars and Leo would definitely be deadly together - both of the said character very juggle combos - plus if there is wall nearby, your opponent is doomed. Lars and Leo is a very diabolical team.
Because of this, I’m picking up Leo myself, but I got a lot of work to do. I never played her seriously before and I only messed with her during T6.
Leo can cover Lars up for his lack of any good low pokes. Leo’s mix ups a bit better than Lars so Leo would definitely be a good cover up for Lars. With Lars, it can be simple to defeat the opponent with just fundamentals because his moves are so good.

I have started running Nina/Lars AKA team Only Practice. Lars is a very gd character he has great damage and is deadly at the wall. My Lars is a work in progress however so my knowledge is very limited

Same here. I finally caved into using him and I must say he’s a great character. However, I had to customize him to match Anna’s octupus costume with an angelic, but risque look.

Leveled up to vanquisher yesterday but I realized after spending like 2 hours in practice mode that HEI doesn’t have a solid punish for get up mid kicks. His 1+2 whiffs if the block is a little far away. His f+1+2 (head butt) also whiffs 100% of the time. Sucks major butt. DJ gets B+1,2 all day long for get up mid kicks. :(.

Wow finally something Heihachi isn’t gd at :slight_smile: