Tricks on E. Ryu's FADCs?

I play on the PC version however I have a hori RAP v3 SA arcade stick and have all the turbos to the left, not sure if that’s how it’s supposed to be but there aren’t any guides on it nor am I experienced with turbo keys. I am struggling to get cr. mk -> hadouken -> FADC ->HP->M Axe -> M/L Punch ->Tatsu ->Shoryuken.
I can do HP->M Axe… but I cannot get the cr. mk -> hadouken -> FADC as my biggest trouble is after the FADC when I hit the HP early a shoryuken comes out instead and if I delay it a bit the combo doesn’t link. I watch my inputs and I admit they’re not perfect but I was curious if there are any tricks to E.Ryu’s FADC combos that may improve my learning curve as a beginner.

Thank you!

No worries my dude, everyone starts somewhere. Now the first thing you want to do is use light punch hadoken. the hitstun on evil ryu’s cr.mk is so high in order to make sure that cr.mk + any strength hadoken will combo. the lp hadoken allows you more time to approach after FADC (since its the slowest fireball he has) and more time to hit confirm whether or not your move is hitting. that alone should make the st.Hp link after FADC much easier. And sometimes you will be too far to use st.Hp, so see if you can use cr.Hp instead. the range is a little longer on cr.Hp so it’s more consistent. although it comes out slower than st.Hp so the link will be tighter.

just as a general rule. the faster you can train yourself to FADC the move, the more time you will be able to link the next button.

the early srk is usually a problem when you accidentally offensive crouch in the middle of your combo. (ie: holding down+forward rather that down+back). this happens because there are short cuts to most special moves. Normally, one would do an SRK by doing foward + down + down forward + punch. the shortcut for that is down forward + (any direction other than that) + down forward + punch. so if at anytime your inputs have two down forwards in close succession before you hit the button, an accidental SRK will most likely come out. so make sure your dashes are clean and practice makes perfect.

one tip to FADC faster: Since the motion for hadoken is down + down forward + forward + punch, you can already remove one of the dash inputs from your FADC. This is because the game engine stores inputs.

So after hadoken, hold forward (don’t let the direction go after the punch button) then focus attack at the same time, release and hit forward again.

You should be able to FADC with only one forward input. This saves you loads of frames and you’ll soon see that you have more time to get your buttons out than you thought.

This helped quite a bit since I didn’t expect Hadouken speed to a factor considering the distance, which I seem to be only able to do such links at a close distance. It is also a struggling trying to get a cr. mk > hadouken >FADC. I might possibly need a new joystick after this.

I use mp, so it’s easier for me to hit the focus attack. I also take a second (not literally) to confirm that I have left my stick in the forward potion (when doing a fireball) before hitting mp to make sure I don’t accidentally shoryu.