Training Regimen

[FONT=Helvetica]I’m really looking to up my game with Magnus and I know a good portion of that takes place in the lab. I remember reading an article a long time ago about how Justin Wong would practice for hrs on in starting with regular BnB’s, then Option selects, to just freestyling. So I’m curious what/how do you guys practice while in training mode?[/FONT]

BnBs [ToDs, Grabs, XF, DHCs, TACs ect]
Resets [Corner, TAC Reset, setups, ect]
Tridash L’s
Mag Blast [Plinked, box, auto corrects, ect]
Infinites
Movement [plink dash forward/backwards, wave dash forward/backwards, flight dashes plinked/wave, ect]
Setups/mixups [Team or solo, on block, on hit, ect]
Snap back [hit confirms, mixups, ect]
Normal jump height hit confirms
SJ height hit confirms

Off top of my head but thats what I do…might have missed some.

Some one wrote this on Neogaf has a few characters including Magneto
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6ZlyTzSEFDeV3gyVHMzOUtqbjQ/edit?pli=1

broken

Broken link yeah. And iirc the neogaf list didn’t have anything regarding Magnetic Blast, so it’s fraudulent.

As for what I’d recommend as a training regimen (Movement First, Basics next, with more complex stuff last).
1)Ground wavedashing, forward + backward
2)Fly movement along with Kara magnetic Blast enders or jS at the ground ender along with calling assist during the flight mode
3)IAD Boxdash Magnetic blasts forward + backward, sj addf/addb blasts, super jump blasts into the possibilities you can do.
4)Tridashes, jL, jH/jS, addf/addb, cross up jM/H
5)Jump canceling your ground dash forward or backward into tridashes or boxdash blasts
6) Your Magneto BnBs grounded, midscreen, corner, full screen, raw hypergrav loops , happy birthday confirm
7) stL anti air confirm, air to air confirms at normal jump height, super jump height air to air confirms
8) Throw conversions at any position of the screen
9) Assist conversions on grounded opponents and jumping opponents, + assist confirms like crH xx L Disruptor with Jam Session
10) Mixups + Resets, ie repulsion stuff, guard breaks, frame traps, tac resets, incoming setups
11) TAC combos if you utilize them (I personally fraud it out with H hypergrav into Tempest)
12) XFactor combos and XFactor bnbs for all 3 levels of XFactor, make sure you learn his infinites and the jS stH xx L hypergrav confirms off throw

1. Last, this is pretty important and will help your play a whole lot. Practice vs a moving training dummy, set life recovery to off and put AI to any difficulty. This will help your movement/neutral with Magneto, help you with your hitconfirms, choices of reset/mixups. This is a great tip and I recommend you all to do it, it will help your training mode practice a whole lot and will show you what things you struggle to actually execute in a real match so you can work on them, it teaches you neutral and movement.

I only wrote/co-wrote the Dante, Strider, & Viper stuff. It was supposed to be a crowd editied/maintained thing based off the regimen I saw hanging around these forums, but eh I’m a lazy fuck. :stuck_out_tongue:

Leaf’s list looks good though.

That list is pretty good actually for Magneto, and it’s actually very similar to mine, just airdash Magnetic Blasts are a integral part of Magneto’s current play in the meta and in many matchups to not be learned. Having random block during confirms is pretty good, but having a AI opponent is even better for hitconfirms.

For the AI opponent try using teams or characters you’d normally face with interesting options, ie use Drones/Missiles AIs as your opponent. The AI teaches you a lot regarding your own setups and whether they are any holes in them, teaches you confirms, and meatying properly as they will always double jump on frame 1 incoming unless you throw a projectile first, they also anti air very well too. It’s just a good training tip overall and will teach you hitconfirming properly and what bnbs you are struggling with, along with ghetto learning of neutral.