Training help

So I searched quite a bit but I struggled to really find a way to get the answers/help I’m looking for. I’m not an incredibly new player, but I have A LOT of trouble with my execution. I know a lot of it is I just don’t practice well(enough) to be where I should be. I just can’t seem to get a solid grasp on linking to really get the most out of my play. Some times I can hit them, but more often than not I just get counter-hit and punished hard.

I play Adon exclusively, and have for a while now. I watched all of VesperArcades tutorials when I first started and that helped a lot. I know what I’m supposed to do, I just can’t seem to get it to come out. Does anyone have any tips on how I can practice effectively, even if it’s just repeatedly trying to do the same link.

Are you having problems canceling into specials ? or just linking his normals ? I played a lil bit of Adon when I first started SSF4. I too had problems linking his normals into his rising jaguar. I kept practicing Cr.LP>Cr.LP into rising jaguar and it was never working. My problem was I was mis timing the links of his Cr.LP’s. I slowed it down a bit and it’s easy. Just keep practicing. It’s a matter of you getting the timing of his links. That’s the only way you’ll gonna learn and everyone’s gonna say the same thing.

I don’t know if you know about this, but look up “Plinking”. It helped me a great deal with links. There are articles on SRK and videos on YouTube.

There is a sticky post here in the newbie dojo for developing execution. Give it a read. If you have further questions, post in the thread.