"Train harder!" - Ibuki Street Fighter V Discussion

She may play very differently in both games (3 and 4), but to say she wasnt strong in 4 is ridiculous. She’s one of the strongest characters of Ultra.

Yah it was a miracle if you can escape her vortex. Plus I like her combos in 4. In 5 she probably won’t have her kick loops or can combo if a kunai.

It’s not about how strong she was (if it was, than 2I Ibuki would take the cake). Rather it’s more about what people prefer and, with alot of 3S veterans here, you’re gonna get alot who prefer her to be like that version.

I would like to see Don-chan be her V-trigger. I think he would compliment her mix-up heavy style well.

Oh yeah, if this was about my post, I meant terrible in design, not viability.

Yeah how strong she was in any particular game is pretty irrelevant. Capcom can port a character over, fiddle with a little frame data and damage and suddenly a character becomes a monster, which doesn’t even account for any new moves.

just gimme a copy paste 3S ibuki please for fucks sake

They’re probably going to give her a mix of her SF4 and 3S qualities. The fact is that we don’t really have a vortex character, and none of the other DLC characters stick out with vortex potential. She will probably have stronger normals than SF4 (Look at Chun, Cammy, and Karin; Ibuki will join them in the “buttonsy waifu” category), but she might not get 3S tier normals. The toning down of knockdowns means she will be hard pressed to play like her SF4 self.

I found Omega Ibuki pretty fun.
I wouldn’t be surprised if elements of that version creep in.
Not sure what the differences were between SFxTK Ibuki vs 4 Ibuki

She’s the only 2016 DLC character that doesn’t make me all excited… There are so many other better SF3 characters that they could have chosen over her like Oro and Q. Sigh…

Then what exactly are you doing here if you’re not interested in the character…?

Wishes for her:

• More footsie+pressure oriented rather than knockdown/vortex.
  • Interesting, usable V-Skill and V-Trigger.
  • V-Reversal has her posing and the raccoon biting you away.
  • SJC still in.
  • If there are plans for a visual redesign, please no schoolgirl uniform. Either keep her traditional ninja costume with the mask or give us a more badass one.

Have we even talked about how she looks in her silhouette? She seems to have sleeves now, and different pants/skirt.

They did a good balance of new/old shit with the first 8 returners so I expect a gief situation. Look exactly the same till in use.

I want Ibuki to have a wall jump, and to be able to, like Rashid with his V-skill, be able to do her command jump off the wall.
EDIT: Has anyone in SF ever had a wallcling? I can’t think of how it could be useful, but it’d be cool for her to have.

So how do you guys think they’re gonna change her up visually?

From the “6 DLC Characters” silhouette picture, it seems like she has some sort of Kunai on her suit, like on a belt or something, but the outfit seems…similar?

Hope they can spice her up somehow and not just have her rock that boring ninja Gi she wore for…what… almost 9 years now?

This is concept art from SFxTk, but Ibuki would look sick in this:

As someone who has never played Ibuki seriously, I have some questions to ask to you guys:
[list]
[] Which of her special moves do you consider essential? Which ones are expendable if she happens to see a bigger redesign?
[
] Similarly, which normals are flagship? Are hammer kick and bonsho kick among those moves?
[*] Since her 3S version was kinda underpowered, which aspect of her would you buff if she were going to be based on that version?
[/list]

Kunai is probably her signature special, with her qcb kick special and neck breaker as close seconds. If I had to get rid of specials, I’d remove her command jump (unless we get normal-cancelable one from Omega) and/or her AA special (provided b.MP and cr.HP are good anti-airs). As for normals, Ibuki is odd in that her best normals changed so much from SF3 to SF4. From a basic design perspective, her 5 most critical normals are her overhead, stand jab/short (whichever is a more efficient poke/pressure tool), back strong, close roundhouse launcher, and crouch short/roundhouse for a go-to low. Since fierce and roundhouse normals are a bigger deal in SFV, her crush counters should be f.HK (goes over lows, solid range) and cr.HP (super jump cancel to get a combo). Either one could be replaced with a far HP that leads into a combo.

3S Ibuki wasn’t underpowered, she was just a average character in a game with dominant top tiers.

3rd Strike Ibuki would be broken in SFIV or V so it wasn’t really a matter of her being underpowered. 3rd Strike Ibuki purely as a poking and mix up character is actually a better character than 2I Ibuki, it’s just 2I Ibuki has way more access to damage and links. Only thing really holding her back in 3S was really low health and no low confirm that could safely go into significant damage. Which basically made her a weaker version of Yang outside of maybe the matchup vs Ken that I think she did slightly better in.

SFIV Ibuki’s normal, special move and movement game doesn’t compare to 3S Ibuki’s at all, but she revolves around other strong stuff like like vortex in a game that tried to nerf it and heavy emphasis on links to make up for it. Her EX kunai, kasumi suzaku super and regular/command dashes are definitely better in 3S. Neckbreaker is better in IV, but only because it causes HKD. Otherwise it’s still not really neutrally much better than it was in 3S. Her Tsumuji kicks don’t cause true block strings in IV so it’s easier to mash out of. In 3S you had to red parry and red parrying EX tsumuji on reaction was pretty tough.

In 3S her best poking normals are s.MK, c.MK, s.MP and f+HK. f+MK was good for hopping over lows and generally better than it was in SFIV, but was big parry bait if you abused it. s.LP was good for pressure as it was 2 frame start up and some characters couldn’t crouch under it. f+HK’s hit box in 3S would be way too good in SFIV/V so I imagine it will be more modest like in those games, but cause crush counter to make it interesting. s.MP had good range and allowed you to one hit confirm into her 3rd super (Yami Shigure), but in SFV we’ll see if that’s an option or if it’s more like SFIV where it will set up links into other normals.

Not even gonna speculate how she will be in SF5. Look at what happened to all the returning characters lol.

Just hope she has that yami shigure as her CA or something. Or she kicks you against the wall, throws kunais to hold you in place, command dashes up and does a yoroitoshi… all within 5 seconds or whatever of course.

Never seen that before, that’s sick.