Tournament Stage Debate, should some stages be banned?

Presuming Tournament Settings will be MAP HAZARDS - OFF all the stages are very good for competitive play. But there are 3 that I have in mind that are flawed and can be played if both players are respective players. Alden’s Tower, Sandover Village, Franzea.

Alden’s Tower - is a great stage with platforms, but on the top middle platform there is a a big vortex or orb or whatever you wanna call it. When players are in contact with the orb. The orb grows larger, as the orb grows larger and meets maximum size it explodes and releases orbs that players can pick up for meter. This can be a good and bad thing depending on how everyone feels about it. I personally dont mind playing on the stage. But what you notice when playing on the stage is it begins to be a battle for that platform cause everyone wants to stay on it to make the orbs release to pick up so they gain meter and are able to get kills. I believe this is a issue that the community needs to debate upon for sure.

Sandover Village - is a great stage also, but its flaw is the lake or moat that is at the bottom. Player tend to camp down bottom with the moat and it becomes quite annoying. I doubt in tournament play a player would use these saboteur strategies. But you never know, there are shady disrespectful players out there. Yes if you stay in the moat for too long it makes you respawn and dazed and you drop meter orbs. But that amount of time that it takes for you to respawn is very long and players can still troll you by jumping in the moat repeatedly.

Franzea - again a great stage, except for its flaw of having the pond in the middle that offers the same disrespectful strategy

I think Hazards will be on. Since they are not random, and they can be used strategically sometimes.

For future reference, the orb on Alden’s Tower is called the Ray Sphere.

Too early to ban anything. Especially if your reasoning is for things that might happen.

There’s hardly been any serious tournaments out for the game, why jump to start banning shit now? I say leave all stages in, hazards in, especially since the hazards are announced well before anything happens. These early tournaments are going to be trial periods until people start to break the game, analyze how much randomness is introduced by a variety of setting and stage formats, and proceed from there.

I doubt it. It’s not like smash, where few of the stages were designed to be played seriously. This is a competitive fighter from the ground-up, and if there’s something absolutely terrible about a stage, then that’s something that can be fixed through patches.

Certain supers forces players to respawn instantly if they abuse the water in Sandover and Franzea. Not to mention that there’s nothing stopping the opposing player from keeping the other in the water to force a respawn and make them drop AP.

What supers? As for the second part if you can force someone to stay in the water/not move up with Alden’s Tower, you deserve their loss of AP/potential super kill.

Oh of course. Anyone who’s being a cheap fuck and trying to abuse the system deserves the punishment that’s coming to them.

I haven’t tested it in training mode to make sure but from what I’ve seen

Kratos’ level 3
Big Daddy’s Level 2
Sly’s Level 3
I think Nariko’s Level 3

I think Dante’s might do it too. I’ll have to check and find out.