Tournament/High level Poison Videos

I’m making this thread so we can put high level poison play. We can list the names of high level poison players and the videos that correspond to them and high level play for new rising players in the tournament scene. I think this would be helpful for looking up how to play poison. You’ll be able to see how she is played effectively.

Infiltration using Poison for about 10 minutes at around 3:34 during a stream. Shows some strong play. http://www.twitch.tv/arcadestream/b/541386560

Are they playing online or offline?

Offline on USF4 cabs

It would explain why Infiltration was doing so well with Poison. If he tried using her online, it would be a different story.

[details=Spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUuOOi9o9WA&index=19&list=PLvM5YW-McUU5lth5et7XDuj5GeqGiuNLY[/details] Posting some of my Matches from Xbox Live vs some really High Level players like Smug and Dieminion. If anyone needs help please feel free to ask

Kind of late to the thread, but two solid poison players out of japan are “6” aka LOTO6(currently ranked 5th on Jap arcades) and Melo currently ranked 10th. I haven’t been able to find footage of LOTO6’s poison, only back when he played akuma. However, you can find quite a few videos if you search for melo poison on youtube and I am sure there are uploads elsewhere.

Melo Poison v. Rolento

Melo Poison, 20 min different matchups

Can someone please sticky this thread? I am getting tired of searching on youtube heh.

These videos are excellent.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it doesn’t seem like these players are using a lot of flashy combos with Poison. Am I right?

She doesn’t have flashy combos tbh. Especially when your bnbs are 1 frame :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, 1 frame links are quite difficult lol.

I usually give up my one frame links and go for combos from lights. I sacrifice damage for consistency.

yea im doing more st.lk > cr.jab or st.mk rather then cr.hp for the consistency and doing jab jab cr.lk xx rekka instead of jab st.mk

The switch to Poison at 16:45 of the 1st vid changed everything for Xian.

seems like gamerbee doesn’t know the match up.

and the cross up ex lmt set up he was using after the safe jump was nasty, im stealing that tech and adding it to my repertoire.

rekka>2nd hit> 3rd Hit, immediate forward dash, n.j.hk (safe jump)

If adon does reversal rising jaguar, you land and block it and get a free punish

If adon gets hit, you go into a combo of choice

http://s27.postimg.org/9dli42641/hit.gif

If adon blocks the n.j.hk, you can:

cr.lp, throw (tick throw)

cr.lp, cr.lp, block (reversal bait)

cr.lp, cr.lp, cr.lk xx lp/ex rekka (cr.lk to catch standing adon attempting to block overhead setup below)

cr.lp, cr.lp, f+mp (overhead set up) *On block -8, very punishable.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img911/8224/ZMO64U.gif

*Xian goes straight into the overhead after the blocked n.j.hk, and after landing the overhead, adds a st.mk after the cr.lp, same concept, just a variation from what i wrote.
If overhead hits, you can:
cr.lp xx lp/ex rekka
cr.lp xx mk dp fadc ultra 1

cr.mk xx EX LMT (grounded cross up, must be blocked the other way) *On block +2, On hit hard knockdown *After further testing, adon can’t stand block this, he gets hit, but crouching allows him to whiff the LMT, and if he holds forward after blocking the cr.mk, he walks under the LMT.

If adon tried to do Rising Jaguar in between the cr.mk and EX LMT, he whiffs for a free punish

http://s23.postimg.org/alwp96xyx/whiff.gif

All these options

Yeah, this was working on Gamerbee like almost every time Xian went for it. I’m a new pocket Poison player so I’m stealing this as well. Lol.

I think Xian caught him off guard, wasn’t prepared for the safejump/setups Xian was using.

Most likely didn’t know the matchup or setups. (Although he’ll probably be ready for all this next time they face each other).

And he kept blowing up Adon’s pokes with random lmt’s at the right time. He remembered everything he learned when he was fighting with Gen, had to force characters of fear of losing the set,
then turned the whole thing around with Poison. Pretty good stuff from Xian.

That just goes to show how good Xian is.
He was able to get as much damage as possible every single time.
You can still tell how badly Poison gets shut down by Aidon’s U1.

Even Xian missed ex rekka into U1, makes me feel better about not even trying that one anymore lol.

Could someone explain to me how that ex lmt setup works after a rekka knockdown? I mean, why did that hit all the time?

Yea he did a good job of getting the most out of situations 90% of the time. Only criticism I’d give his performance is that going for close mp before cr.hp isn’t worth it because it’s an inconsistent normal. Which showed as he got a rising jaguar to miss and he went to start his punish with close mp and the second hit whiffed. After focus attacks he’s better off with hp fireball, cr.hp xx special then close mp as a substitute. And going for ex rekkas into ultra is never worth it as a punish unless it Ko’s, the scaling removes like 80% of the damage and whiffing it is even worse. I’m going to test the ex lmt cross up set up he was using once I head home, but from the looks of it it’s just like a cross up jump in, you have to block the other way or dash out of the way.

I’ve tried to reproduce the setup…but I blocked it as Adon each time even though I was facing the same direction before the crossup. Technically I should have been hit, but I wasn’t.

Sometimes it missed me completely on the other side. Only time I got it to technically cross me up is when I stood up…but I only got it to work like that a couple times. Most times I blocked it or it didn’t work no matter how many times I tried it.

If I crouch teched, however is the only time it hit me. And when I originally saw that match, that’s what I thought Gamerbee was doing. But looking at it again today, it doesn’t look like he was crouch teching unless he was

doing it super late to coincide with the lmt hitting him. I don’t know. I’m not sure why it worked so many times.

If it was a crossup or he just didn’t block and tried to do something.

after testing it now, it only works if adon stand blocks, he gets hit, but if he crouches it whiffs, and if he holds forward after blocking the cr.mk he walks under, seems like you have to read the opponent for it.