TOURNAMENT FORMAT RULES - READ CAREFULLY (updated 04/01/2009)

OK with SFIV’s release and increased play and tournaments being put out there, I thought it best to create this thread. I’m seeing threads start to pop up cluttering the Canada forums that frankly have no place here so let’s get a couple of things out of the way:

NO MORE “IS THERE ANY INTEREST” THREADS
This is basically what got me started in the first place. We have local threads covering every major city in Canada. If you want to get feelers from the players about tournament attendance then ask within the local threads. The players local to their cities read the threads. If they don’t reply, it’s a pretty good indication they’re not interested. Any other responses you can at least take something posotive from it.

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT
This is stemming from both the Collisem thread (which tanked) and the Milton thread (which was corrected). If you’re going to make a tournament thread, then know the details before posting. Do not tell the players to call the location for details. It isn’t up to the players to go the extra mile so they can make YOUR event a success.

FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES
DATE:

OFFICIAL TOURNAMENTS

SIDE TOURNAMENTS (if applicable)

PRIZE DISTRIBUTION

SCHEDULE

FORMAT
Game name (console name)
$# entry
double elimination tournament
2 out of 3 games per match
3 out of 5 games per semi final match
4 out of 7 games grand finals

SITE FEE (if applicable)

DIRECTORS

I’ve literally hand held would be directors on how to get a thread started now. If you can’t make a thread that follows these simple guidelines I’ll erase it without warning.

Just a sidenote, if the tournament is big enough (enough to attract out of towners and such), I will be adding [MAJOR] in the thread title, just to give it more attention.