Toronto SF4 Console Tourney 03/14

NOTE - This will be a dual run, SC4/SF4 Console Double Elimination Tournament

Where - 375 Bleeker St. @ Sherbourne and Bloor (Just south of Sherbourne Station)
When - Saturday, March 14th, 2009. SC4 Tourney Start: 2PM. SF4 Tourney Start: 3PM.

• From Sherbourne and Bloor, Go South on Sherbourne, Left/East on Howard St. Right/South on Bleeker St. to 375 Bleeker St. (HAMILTON)
  • From DVP get off at Bloor go west/right, then, left on parliament, right on wellesley, right onto bleeker its near end of the street (limited parking).
  • From Gardiner get off at Jarvis/Sherbourne, go North to Wellesley and go right/east, to Bleeker go left
  • There is a parking garage right across from the building which is $10 for the whole day
  • The Rec Room is on the 1st Floor of the Apartment, Left Hallway, 2nd door on right (Recreation Room)

Entry: 5$ for both!! Prizes: 80/20 for Both

Information:This will be our 10th SC4 Tourney/Gathering. This will be our FIRST SF4 Console tourney, hosted by Russel. We hope to be able to promote both games as well as allowing players to be exposed to both games on a competitive level. We would probably Start the 1St tournament around 2-3Pm and the 2nd Tournament about on hour later. We should be able to have TWO TVS devoted to EACH GAME (4 Stations total). It would be advised that you bring your own Stick (PS2/PS3). We will likely have adapters on hand. Please contact me or Russel for more info.

Controllers (PADS/Sticks for those who are bringing their own)

• LABEL Your Controller!!
  • CHARGE YOUR Controller!!
  • Remember to ASSIGN/UNASSIGN between Matches
  • Remember to Set your Buttons
  • Do not leave the Room with a Pad unless its your own (but we may need to share)!!

VENUE

• Tables Chairs will be available. There is also a bathroom right next to the Rec Room so ask me for the key.
  • Since it is an apartment Building we can make noise but we need to avoid excess noise as to not disturb Tenants
  • To get in the Front door either call me beforehand (416-871-3665) or Russel (###-####), or it may already be open. But try to call before so we know you’re coming. Knock on the Rec Room door before entering
  • During casuals as the numbers increase, lets have BOTH players give up the controller so everyone has a chance to warm up and get in there zone

This is something new we are trying, with two competitive games available to us now. I will promote the SC4 part and Russel shall promote the SF4 part. I hope to see players from both sides attending. We can handle 30 people easily.
POST UP!!

Also - Just PM me or Russel, or check out soulcalibur.ca/forums and check the tournament event section.

who wants to MM me in SF4? i’ll play anyone from GTA for $5 or $10 until supplies last

I’ll play you JS…its like 5 Dollar Down Payment before I start taking money from YOU!!

yooo im soo in for this, i love the fact we can bring our own sticks bomb!

but on another note ill play anyone anytime for cash, we can do EMT with the honour system lol.
xbox tag SideChimp, youve probably seen me kicking your buts online…

Could I get a picture of the actual place? I haven’t been to Toronto for a while.
So basically that place is called Sherbourne and Bloor?

And when you say Russel, it’s THE Neorussel right?

The venue is a small but spacious recreation room, inside an apartment building at Bleecker and Howard, pretty much at Sherburne and Bloor.

It will say 375 Hamilton on the building. There is parkingin the garage right across from the Venue, or surronding parking areas. Directions are above.

Edit:

375 Bleecker Street is the address my friend. It is near Sherbourne and Bloor. You can access Bleecker Street from Wellesley. Check the above directions, I made it for Car and Transit.

Also this is the equipment right now.

SC4
TV - OFFICE
HDTV & PS3 - DINO
PS3 - JEFF

SF4
PS3 - JR?
PS3 - Cowie?
360 - Russel?
TV - Office (blurry; casuals? MM?)

I believe Russel mentioned he would be able to get 3 Sticks? Also adapters should also be available through, Russel, Barry, Kyper, and Jeff?

There is also the Blurry TV, perhaps we can setup a 360 to this TV as ca casual/MM station if we end up using PS3’s only.

We would still need 1-2 TVs!! We can devote a TV to SF once the SC tourney narrows down. But we would still need another TV.

OOF!??! KYPER!?? JEFF?!?! Anyone that can bring anything I will do my best to co-ordinate with and accomodate.
Anyone that can bring arcade sticks for PS3/PS3 or 360 that would also be great.

Please let me know thanks. Also I’m still listening to any concerns anyone has about the tourney, equipment, setup, etc.

I might be able to share my arcade stick when I’m not up for a match. But I do need to be there so it doesn’t get jacked :slight_smile:

Okay this how Equipment Looks to me

SC4 Setup #1
LCD TV (Dino) + PS3 (Dino) + SC4 (Dino)
may become SF4 Tv after SC4

SC4 Setup #2
TV (Office) + PS3 (Jeff) + SC4 (Jeff) + PS2-PS3 Adapter (Jeff)
pending Jeffs likely approval

SC4 Setup #3
(HD?)TV (Oofmatic) + PS3 (Oofmatic) + SC4 (Oofmatic)
pending Oofs Ride!?

SF4 Setup #1
LCD Monitor (Vimal/Dino)? + 360 (Russel) + SF4 (Russel) + 2 360 Stix (Russel)
pending coworker’s likely Monitor

SF4 Setup #2
??TV (???) + PS3 (Junior/Cowie)? + SF4 (Junior/Cowie) + 1 PS3 Stick (Russel) + 1-2 PS2-PS3 adapter (Russel/Kyper?)
pending another TV!?

SF4 Setup #3
BlurTV (Office) + 360 (TofuWarrior) + SF4 (Tofuwarrior) + Stick(s)
Pending Tofu
Casual/Money Match TV

Russel and Kyper will likely have Power Bars. There will be an extension cord if needed. Kyper will have Laptop, Page with Camera for Vids.

SF4 Possible Entrants (30+?)
C3 360
dice01 360
YS4 PS3
desiCDN
TofuWarrior 360
djkun
djbordie 360
zero
jed07
guled
altergen
zangrene 360
scumbag
davero 360
nGuman PS3
JS
MiyaviTeddy
Dr Y 360
Russel + 2? 360
Dino + 2? PS3
Sr/Jr PS3
Xdest
Kyper
Page
Cowie

SC4 Possible Entrants (16+?)
Dino
Jeff
China
Russel
Sr
Jr
Oof
Xdest
Page
Kyper
NeoCyrus
Rarkon
Ember
Stryder
Wallace
Cowie

Please Post if you can make it, which system is preferable stick-wise, if you are entering BOTH games, or if there is anything else you would like to know or mention.

Also if we have enough Entrants their will be 3rd place and possibly 4th place money, depending on how th numbers work out. Possibly 4th place gets their money back, but nothing is in stone.

“HE CROSSED 'EM UP!!!”

Where - 375 Bleecker St. @ Sherbourne and Bloor (Just south of Sherbourne Station)
When - Saturday, March 14th, 2009. Signups: 1:00 PM. SC4 Tourney Start: 2:30PM. SF4 Tourney Start: 3:00PM.

• From Sherbourne and Bloor, Go South on Sherbourne, Left/East on Howard St. Right/South on Bleeker St. to 375 Bleeker St. (HAMILTON)

• From DVP get off at Bloor go west/right, then, left on parliament, right on wellesley, right onto Bleecker. Its near end of the street (limited parking)

• From Gardiner get off at Jarvis/Sherbourne, go North to Wellesley and go right/east, to Bleecker, go left

• There is a parking garage right across from the building which is $10 for the whole day

• The Rec Room is on the 1st Floor of the Apartment, Left Hallway, 2nd door on right (Recreation Room)

**Tournaments:

Registation/Casual:
1PM-230PM SIGN UPS!!! DON?T BE LATE
Please try to Bring 5 Dollar Bills if you can, It will be hard to get change for everyone**

SC4
Format
- Double Elimination Best of 5 Rounds, Best of 3 Matches

• Semis/Finals Best of 5 Matches
  • Entry $5 Split 70/20/10
  • Start Time 2:30PM!!
    Setup- Oof Tv + Oof Ps3 + Sc4
  • Oof Tv + Jeff Ps3 + Sc4
  • Dino Tv + Dino Ps3 + Sc4 (Temp)

SF4
Format
- Double Elimination Best of 3 Rounds, Best of 3 Matches

• Semis/Finals Best of 5 Matches
  • Entry $5 Split 70/20/10
  • Start Time 3:00PM!!!
    Setup- LCD Monitor + Russel 360 + SF4 + sticks
  • Office TV + Junior?? PS3 + SF4 + sticks + adapters
  • Blurry TV + Tofu 360? + SF4 + sticks (Casuals)
  • Dino Tv (tourney TV, as SC4 ends)

NOTE: Matches Between a PS3 and 360 Players will likely be played on whatever Console is available. There should be enough sticks all around to share, I doubt it will be hard to adapt to. If possible, we may split matches between consoles. This is still pending.

Information:This will be our 10th Tourney/Gathering. This will be our FIRST SF4 Console tourney, hosted by Russel. We hope to be able to promote both games as well as allowing players to be exposed to both games on a competitive level. We should be able to have at least TWO TVS devoted to EACH GAME. It would be advised that you bring your own Stick (PS2/PS3/360). We will likely have adapters on hand. Please contact me or Russel for more info.

PADS/Sticks for those who are bringing their own

• LABEL Your Controller!!
  • CHARGE YOUR Controller!!
  • Remember to ASSIGN/UNASSIGN between Matches
  • Remember to Set your Buttons
  • Do not leave the Room with a Pad unless its your own (but we may need to share)!!

VENUE

• Tables Chairs will be available. There is also a bathroom right next to the Rec Room so ask me for the key.
  • Since it is an apartment Building we can make noise but we need to avoid excess noise as to not disturb Tenants
  • To get in the Front door either call me beforehand (416-871-3665) or Russel (###-####), or it may already be open. But try to call before so we know you’re coming. Knock on the Rec Room door before entering
  • During casuals as the numbers increase, lets have BOTH players give up the controller so everyone has a chance to warm up and get in there zone

Please PM me or Russel for more info.

SF4 Possible Entrants (30+?)
C3 360
dice01 360
YS4 PS3
desiCDN
TofuWarrior 360
djkun
djbordie 360
guled
altergen
zangrene 360
scumbag
davero 360
nGuman PS3
JS
MiyaviTeddy
Dr Y 360
Russel + 2? 360
Dino + 2? PS3
Sr/Jr PS3
Xdest
Lawrence
Kyper
Page

SC4 Possible Entrants (16+?)
Dino
Jeff
China
Russel
Sr
Jr
Oof
Xdest
Page
Kyper
Lawrence
NeoCyrus
Rarkon
Ember
Stryder
Wallace

wow completely didn’t expect anything like this to happen. why don’t u guys host more often. id love for there to be somewhere closer then f’n getty to go to for competitive play. the scene definately needs it.

im in for sure with an unmodded SE stick…bahhhh damn parts didnt arrive.
xbox 360 that is…

Hey guys, remember to check out the Thread in Canada Matchmaking and discussion. It is stickied, and will contain any small bits of info not available here.

Hope to see a good turnout, and we WILL be doing more of these if this one is a success.