Toronto Brawl Results

Come on 3rd place team yall had that!!!

Allo,

That was a pretty fun “2 hour MAX” team tourny. It was run relatively smoothly, even though the place reminded me of a run down school, minus the chalk!

That being sad, I’m so mad at myself because we were literally ONE pixel away from beating Team STC, and being in THE MONEY. I can’t help but wonder if I went for the reset against Ian, we might of won. Oh well.

Against wango’s team? LOL what can I say? Bad advice from your team captain. Sorry Anant :-p. Don’t jump!!! If you took out blitzman, I know I could of gone at least 50-50 with Jay Wang, instead of me dying to 2 ex snake strikes. I swear, that move does more than his Ultra.

BTW, Hisham allowed me to get the read on everyone he played, so that I could run the train on all you fools. Balrog player, Ken player, Dice01, Noodleman, YellowS4, FlightWing, JS Master, thanks for buying tickets. Ian and Blitzman got off without paying :mad:

Good games to all, and I’ll see you next time.

See the difference?

P.S. Dinoz being on TWO teams was kind of sketchy. Several issues come to mind:

A) What if Dinoz had to play Dinoz?
B) What if I beat Dinoz in one match, but then had to play him again when he’s on a different team? That’s unfair that he gets a second chance.
C) How come only Dinoz got to join a second team?

I understand that there was one team missing a 3rd. However, the best outcome for that situation would of been for each player to pay $7.50, and have only 2 people.

Forgot to mention … that was the FIRST time i’ve been exposed to the Street Fighter community in GTA and I’m quiet impressed.

For crying out loud i’m from Oshawa. No one around here plays SF or even know what it is. I’m even surprised we got electricity and running water around here.

That’s it, I’m moving to Toronto!

BTW, MrTrite which one were you?

Kymah - Yes, it was sketchy that I was on two Teams. However

1. The 16th Team included DJ Adverb (Vam-Guile) and Manila (Gouken). It was either I struggle or wait to find a 3rd, or just join their Team and pay double the fee (which I did), so we could start the tourney.

2. I’m not a contender. I already had my main Team. I Also wanted to be on Vams team, didn’t wanna leave him out to dry. I also paid his fees too. I knew it wouldnt affect the outcome. Long Story Short*** MY TOURNEY MY RULES HAHAHA!!***

Anyways if it really bothered you that much…well…you kicked my teams ass; so it wouldn’t have made a difference. And in the original Bracket I DID HAVE TO FACE MY OWN TEAM!! Luckily there was seeding problems So I had to recreate it. In the end it shouldnt be a big deal at all.

MANILA - Yea man I’m so glad I had you on my Team. I was REALLY wondering why you weren’t going for back throw into ULTRA. And yea I didnt even notice you almost OCV’d GWF. Good shit, and you seemed to be raping in casuals. They were passing the stick around trying to beat you haha!! Good shyt and Move to Scarbz be a part of TEAM STC Ver. B

Any other Concerns?!?! Should I look for a Venue for June 20th?! Bigger TVs?! With all the “limiting reactants” it seems like 3 TVs is the way to go, after 1st round.

$10 Entry?!?! $2 Door Fee?!? Sell drinks at tourney?!?! Let me know what works.

thx to my team for winning the tournment.

kin,
nice seeing u again, cook me signature dish of urs soon, and fuk u.

jay wang,
nice seeing u again too, and i love nellie.

trite,
your honda is nice, ur command grab reminds me of my chang in cvs2.

blzman,
good stuff carrying ur team.

CQ,
your headbutt into super is way better than JS. :lol:

flipmasta,
i didnt know standing roundhouse can link into ultra, no wonder u keep doing that as anti air.

anant,
i dunno how to force atk dash into super, never try it yet, hope we can play against each other next time, i havent play an abel player yet.

gergay,
you cheap fk, i will adapt and uppercut those long range punches/kicks next tournment, nevertheless, still gg.

jay,
hopefully i’ll get to play you next time as well.

noodelman,
why not try blanka or bison, im sure u’ll do better.

dino,
very nice job running the tournment, you did very well.

gg and thx to everyone else in the tournment.
i learned a lot from u guys and im still learning.

highlight: i dont block, i uppercut.
lowlight : js losing first game, first match in the tournment.

the tourny ran really smoothly, dino and russell did a great job. russell’s vega is nasty. It was cool chilling with the sauga crew after at the mcdonald’s with trite. Thanks btw to CQ for the ride. Thanks to nguman as well for letting us use his S tier HRAP.

Highlight of the tournament for me: Jay Wang - “Hey JS, shut your face.”

p.s. manilla555 ggs during the casuals during the finals.

Honda in the tourney, played fuerte/gouken at casuals after getting eliminated

Good tourney toronto. Hope you guys come down sometime.

This was a nice tourney. STC, hold that shit.
Shout outs to Dino again for organizing this and to everyone who helped and came out.

Buffalo,Good to see you guys there. Wish we could have played you guys
Nice seing some old and new faces.
Shout outs to Jeff, Kevin, TonyMantana, Anant, Kymah, Jaywang, Trite, Blitzman, Gerjay, Teddy, CQ, Parry Master Jay, Noodleman, Dice, DJ guy and everyone I may have forgotten.

1St match was crazy. JS losing 1st match to a lil kid reminded me of when Oxygen beat Tony. Good shit bouncing back after that match JS. Perhaps you do have the best rog in Canada. Too bad my Fei Long counters Rog. Good shit to Wing for OCVn that team.

2nd match was vs Blitzman, Jay Wang and Trite. Wing and Eric held it down and I didn?t even play. Up to this point, my blanka was shy and didn?t come out yet.

3rd match was insane. Anant, Bison guy and Kymah. It came down to Kymah vs team STC. Kymah was ridding a monster win streak. He beasted vs all of us but I was able to chip him to death after he pretty much killed me. I know it sounds funny?.but that?s what happened. We escaped with the win.

4th match vs Gerjay, Teddy and CQ(best of 3). Team STC lost. Don?t remember what happened. I think CQ got an OCV vs us or something. Never the less we went to loser brackets and was hoping to play kymah again to give him an official beatdown for what he tried earlier. This didn?t happened because Kymah?s team lost.

5th match was vs Blitzman, Jay Wang and Trite (best of 3). We got OCVd the 1st macth by Blitzman. From that point on we pulled together as a team and bounced back. It was a full team effort to comeback and beat team Discovery Channel.

6th match was vs Gerjay, Teddy and CQ (best of 3) STC lost the 1st match and was facing elimination. That?s when Eric beat Gerjay to tie things up and give us new hope. From that point on we dominated. Ended up winning this set 2 to 1

7th match was vs Gerjay, Teddy and CQ (2 of 3). We won the 1st match. I OCVd the sauga team to put us up 1 to 0. At this point I had back to back OCVs vs Sauga. Blanka was holding it down while Sagat and Rog was having a cigarette. We ended up taking it 2 to 1.

Hahahaha. Great stuff.

Highlights

Steak Queen
Shit talking
Jug, thinking learning a new character will help him beat me
Smoke sessions at the back of the building
DJ spinning tables
Kymah

GGs

Congrats to Wing and Ian.
I know its hard to win a 3v3 tourny with two people. Good shit.

its ok to be jealous stephen :lol:

it’s ok to freeload JS. :smiley:

Sorry to my teammates again. I was hoping if I could take out blitz, maybe Kymah would be able to take out Wang. I knew I probably wouldn’t have won against Wang since Rog always seems to own my soul for free.

I need to not be so nervous.

Who was the one recording the match vids?

I gotta say, Team PBS did a lot better than we hoped! It was fun as hell even though we had to fight through the losers bracket. Maybe next time we won’t have to face the top team in the first round?

Still, I didn’t expect my younger bro to win that balrog mirror against JS sandbagging or not. And our anchor is actually pretty damn good but I guess his nerves got the best of him, this being his first tourney.

Next time we’ll make an effort to arrive earlier and get more casuals in. GGs to everyone we played. I gotta say a DJ is a must now for future tournaments. Props to DJ Adverb? for spinning some good hip hop!

See you guys at the next one and hope to meet more of you

He shouldnt feel bad. Wing plays my Blanka alot and knows how to beat Blanka.

yea and its ok to dodge our MMs

Damn, I barely played SC4 casuals and no SF4 at all. I don’t mind prancing around with Raph without a warmup but my Seth just got steamrolled. Oh well, I’ll make that a priority next time instead of dicking around with a camera.

Vids are up, check out this playlist:

I got these matches, in chronological order:
Fried Chicken vs Immigrants (I think)
Fried Chicken vs Buddha Catastrophe
STC vs Shoto
GWF vs STC winners finals
Namco vs Shoto
Discovery Channel vs Shoto
Discovery Channel vs STC losers finals
GWF vs STC grand finals

lol you’re the one that dodged it when i said we could play right then when you werent in a tournament match.

FUck JS WON IT omg, how did we let this happen ! ughh !!!

Nice Tournout, and a big hats off to Dinoz for running the tourny smoothly and efficiently definately did a great job.

So none of my team mates didnt end up showing so I ended up freeloading Noddle and JAys team so a special shout outs to them . GG’s we had a solid run before Kymah used gameshark to unlock some character whose just fucked as a whole and destorys you with his russian style foot tick. Some of you call him Gen but yea, soooo not happening again !!

So after a break session outside Im comming back in I see Jay wang, say my wats ups and stare at his name tag " Hi Im Dice01 from SRK" … me … :open_mouth: …!!! … LMAO !!! aww man that made the buzz extra special, I turn look at Kyma’s name tag “Hello im Dice01 from SRK” … I lost it that shit was mad halarious lol had me crying for a minute.

Good seeing Buffalow do their thing, and what happen to the Dan’s ?!?! GG’s to you guys .

Highlight:
DJ !!! nice call enjoyed the tunes for sure !!

Kymah setting up his own team mate for destruxction " JUMP" and he eats the last messiah kick… lol soo gold

All the breals sessions with Ian wing bltiz davero ugh DJ guy, random asian guy … so many names to remeber but yea giid chilling with u guys

New Balrog kid beating JS good shit !

A special fuck you goes out to blitzman and Kymah for the ocv torutre !! bleh

All the new faces I met good chilling with you guys to defiantely do it up again.

couple of matches in the semi/final r missing

trinte ehonda command grab eric’s rog punch.
wing ex uppercut jaywang’s rog ftw.