Top Rogue Teams

Rogue/Sent/Cap AA is my team and I can attest to Rogue and Capcom working well together.

Maybe Iā€™m a bit biased here but Rogue/cable/capcom is the best team here. meter builder/meter burner/best assist in game.

Rogue/cable/tron makes for a better Rogue but a worse cableā€¦

Rogue/cable/storm is a bit awkward, its nice having 3 top tier point characters but it makes for a weak Rogue. Remember Rogue needs an assist to be at her highest level, and even though storm will help you rush down and cross up you have no heavy damaging combo like you would with tron or capcom.

When it comes down to it, to play Rogue at the high competitive level she needs tron or capcom, maybeā€¦ cyke or sent could do as well. Ultimately play what you enjoy and feel comfortable with.

Rogue/Psy is absolute crap. Outside of a carefully timed GNS and clk launcher into air combo thereā€™s not much that Rogue can capitalize off of Psyā€™s AAA.

I can agree with that. I tried Psy and her AAA really doesnt help Rogue much at all.

As of now im running, Rogue/Storm/Morrigan. For the sole reason of morriganā€™s assist. Morriganā€™s AAA get me out of jams and has more range.

Well im still trying to find a 3rd char that suits me and that i can use in 1v1 or 2v1 situations. Rogue/Storm will stay lol

Lately my last maybe 30 or 25 games ranked have been Rogue/Cable/CapCom still getting used to the synergy of the team compared to my previous teams. Getting used to CapComs playstyle in a 1v1 situation is what Im working on.

Every so often I swtich for Tronn though

I like DHC safety so Rogue/Sent seems to flow more for me. I do like Golbaā€™s team, he makes it works in his match vids.

Playing Rogue/Mag/Tron these days.

This team is straight nasty.

Yes they all compliment each other well.
Rogue on point has mag assist to help rush, and rog/mag combos are solid. Rog/tron is obviously death.
Mag/rog works similar to mag/psy, just on a slower scale. Mag/tron is death.

Starting with Rogue mag will have meter when you dhc him in, and the dhc is pretty damaging.
I still think rog/storm/tron is slightly better.

Cool thing about Rogue/Mag is that you can DHC into Magnetic Tempest for ridiculous damage.

Iā€™d like to have your opinion about my team composition:

Guile/Captain America/ Rogue

I found that all three can fight pretty well as point characters, but still cannot figure out how to use them properly as assists.

I must confess I didnā€™t choose them because of strategical choice, but just 'cause I love these characters. I hope it can be a efficient team though.

well they are good characters, but all i can think of is you can use rogues throw assist with captain americas cartwheelsā€¦

they dont really help her rushdown tho.

teams

I like rogue/sent/cyc or capcom

1. Cyclops for doom, and capcom for damage.
  2. 2 Combo death with capcom, or capcom combo GNS DHC into
    HSF, dont get me started.

I think team jumpee is good too (rog/cab/capcom or tronn).

Rogue/Tron/Doom
Rogue/Tron, as everyone knows by now, does stupid damage. Launch/Knockdown/Tron, bamā€¦nice damage already. Or you can do the ground combo lk,lp+2,lk,hk/Tron/rushing fists (or whatev its called). Speed up is good with Tron, but I suggest using it at the end of your speed meter, instead of at the beginning, no difference in damage, butā€¦whatev. Also, when youre comboā€™n with speed up, air dash quick to cross-up, and then Tron again, total damage in that beatbox(a metaphor for a long display of ownageā€¦) is great. Doomā€™s aerial cross-up is good with Tron as well. When you launch, dash down immediately to grab your opponent on the other side of them. You have to pay attention to which side Doom slams them, because Tronā€™s assist may go to the opposite direction. Once it connects, go for mix-up or aerial photon. As far as Tron/ Doomā€¦thats enough chip damage to not be concern about combos. But with Rogue (anti-air) just lp+2/Rogue, then shoot little servbot capture or whatevā€¦ You can do it aerial or straight, but Id use straight. Then, SERVBOT RUSH!!!
Cool teamā€¦

Nice synergy but I usually donā€™t like how Doom knocks away my opponents making it harder for Rogue to combo them. Itā€™s really useful for pressure though.

What do you guys think about rogue/cable/cyclops?

its funny you ask, Ive been playing around with it latelyā€¦
The main purpose for this team would be countering assists like tron and doom, but as far as straight damage goes rog/capcom or rogue/tron is better. Iā€™m gonna play with it some more.

Yeah thats what i thought as well, just checking.

My main is rogue/sent/cap_cyc

I also like to use rog/cab/tron_cap sometimes as well.

Let me know how it works out.

09-16-2009 11:59 pm

hey, i figured this was the place to come to get legit help. ive been having an awful time fighting sentinal with rogue.
i use rogue/cable/tron, rogue/cable/cyc, or rogue/cyc/tron most of the time. i know its not a good matchup for rogue, but its been happening more and more and seems near impossible. i usually try to get rogue out and go at him w/ cable or cyc, but that doesnt always work well. any advice would be much appreciated.

The key is to be patient and wait for your opportunity. Donā€™t take high risks just to get smacked in the face with frying pans and aaa. Have your assists do the dirty work for you, that is why a team with tron is going to have issues finding a way to get to sentinel. Cyc can do it, but Commando just works a lot better vs sent. If all else fails build meter with Rogue and pray Cable has an accurate shot.:wgrin:

The 1st video is a good example of being patient vs sent.

The second video 2nd match is also a good example of what rogue can do to sent if played properly, while the second video 3rd match is a good example of what sent can do to rogue if commando is countered thus taken out of the picture to aid in your rush down. Doom assist played properly can counter commando hard, and Amir (snakeshotspeople aka airibolkill) does that well. He also gives me a nice reminder of how good is strider is.

[media=youtube]0ayQFwH8t18&feature=email"[/media]

[media=youtube]RexKkJac8zs"[/media]

Rogue/Cable/Tronn should work decent against sent, (I play that team too.)
especially since you have cable and his AA. I have the most success by snapping
him out as soon as I touch him, unless I can kill him. After that beat the mess
out of that assist with rog/tronn:nunchuck: Although sent is a bad match up for
rogue, golbaā€™s right Commando is great for sent, and cyclops AA. Thaā€™ts another
reason I play rog/sent/CC or Cyc (for Doom) and rog/cab/CC or Tronn.

All in all, golbaā€™s right patience is key, I got my butt served like IHOP against sent
until I was patient and waited for a opening.

Nice matchā€™s golba, especially the first video and the second video at 2:17:china:

Hope to see you guys online when I get my ps3 in october.

PEACEā€¦