Todo is a good character; here is some frame data

I understand now. Thanks also what’s some of the things that you do to trap people in the corner? I just started playing Todo so bare with me.

When you are mid screen, try to force them back with waves.

Then walk forward. Watch for any roll or Jump and C.HP. Usually, with the proper waving you may get someone to edge back.

Once they are ner the corner start to move forward and zone them, as this is not the time to go in yet, what you are going for…is a Knock down. So around 2 to 3 Characters away is the usual landing trajectory for most characters, that’s where you are standing. They can’t jump at you becuase Todo’s C.HP wins most Air attacks. No one can roll at you because…well, nobody rolls at that distance if they don’t want to get hit. So you can fake waves, do real waves, whatever you need. When you feel it’s right, walk a few steps forward and suddenlly hop into a command grab. You can start hell from there.

Of course this is just all theory. but you must remember some things when playing Todo.

1. Before you Rushdown, you must walk. It’s important to be patient with him in A. Edge along the screen instead of hopping all over the place.

2. When someone rolls at you, TRY to as far as you can, to Throw him into the nearest corner. Don’t accidentally throw him out. If you have Meter it’s best to Command grab into activation…but of course that’s obvious.

Of course you will always have problems with Short Jumpers. With characters like these, you may have to play by instinct. You may have to stand slightly , juuuuusssttt slightly further away and start doing your Long range Waves. This is not turtling mind you, you’re actually within range for a true hit/chip.

And sometimes when they forget to block low far away, go for your Toward + C.MK sweep. It knocks people down.

Whatever it is, remember to keep walking forward. Just try this first. As you meet people who you cannot seem to walk toward slowly, talk here and we’ll see if anyone can share something.

Roki, I played some A-Todo last night for the first time and did pretty well. I was wondering if you have any good setup for his command grab. I usually do ticked grab, jump lk grab but what are some of his other ones. Also I keep on hearing he has a good wake up game any ideas? Any feedback from anyone is appreciated thanks.

The only setup he needs is d.LP, RC grab mixed up with d.LP, d.HK. No brainer 50/50. It’s cheap.

Of course just wait, RC grab or wait, d.HK too. Todo is really strong when he’s knocked you down.

Thanks KC I knew you would reply. anyways How about a todo strat Thread KC?

Wassup man, good to see that Todo gets some love…

Anyways, that C.Hp is GOOD…ohhh man, I love it; it sounds so simple, yet it really works…all you need is spacing…thanks again for the tip, yo

So yeah, to all the others trying to pick up Todo…you may be compelled to do c.mp into jab wave, and then do another jab wave…this will work occasionally against top players and scrub players…

I say “occasionally” because you can roll through it. In other words, this is a bad habit. I kept doing this for a while, dying to roll-super way too many times…I felt like giving up on Todo :frowning:

But! I kept forgetting that playing Todo involves reading your opponent. Todo can counter almost anything just as long as he knows what’s coming. An obvious example would be the time I played against my friend’s Zangief…

Total ownage, cuz what can he do on the ground? The best hope for him is to telegraph your wave and roll, or just keep JDing the roll if he is in K, but you’re not gonna let him psych you out, right? If Zangief tries to jump…the beauty of C.Hp will be obvious. I think that’s it…maybe my friend just sucks or something…

Another tip…if you jump, and you know your opponent is gonna jump, use Fierce. It will beat most things or trade, it never loses…just make sure you do it early; again, you gotta be a little psychic when you use him…

I got discouraged from the 50/50 everybody keeps talking about due to wake up reversal DP…sucks…

Errr time limit gotta go
keep practicing Todo! :slight_smile:

Some new N-groove stuff…since my original post was lacking…

Easy Damage Time: break stock, command grab, c. fierce into lvl3 super…8400 dmg! That’s the same as Sagat’s c. fierce into lvl2 raid into lvl1 shot!

Not so easy Damage Time: This combo took me a while to get down…

break stock, command grab, s. strong, s. strong (far), lvl3 super…9120 dmg!!!

The hardest part is comboing the super, as you have to remain standing while inputting the qcfx2…I tried making a thread about those kinds of motions, but I didn’t see too many tips…anyway, if you can do this combo consistently then you are good

Also, I have no idea how to utilize Todo’s low jumps…lj. strong is a nice overhead that can combo into lvl3 super for 6480 dmg, but that’s all I got…

BTW, all these supers are performed using the max range for the most amount of juggle…

Anyways, N-groove Todo is ok, nothing too special. His dash suits him better than his run, despite being less comical, and you can get similar damage in C-groove. Also, his low jump kind of hinders his tiger-kneed wave…oh well…=\

Hmmm, ok. I found this a long time ago too, but I didn’t practice it because I didn’t have a chance to during play, it’s just so risky for me not being able to practice at home… And it’s tight Timing.

Not easy At All Damage.

Command grab -> walk very very Slightly Forward S.MP (So that it’s the elbow) -> C.HP -> Level 3. It’s the most damaging Grab Combo he has. And of course. It’s the hardest.

Mix up your low jump attacks with low jump into Command Grab.

Rokiseph…you are right, that is Not easy At All Damage…but the funny thing is, I did it on my first AND second try…which is quite weird…

But after trying it again for about 10 minutes, I couldn’t even get the link from s.mp (close) to c. fierce 20% of the time, let alone the whole combo…maybe I was just lucky =\

Anyway, that combo (in N-groove) does 9600 dmg. 9600!!!
Use it if you dare

Oh yeah, I forgot to add it, but in the combo I posted earlier (with the 2 s.strongs), you have to walk foward a tiny bit to get the elbow (close) version of it…

The weird thing is, the s. strong into c. fierce is technically a 1 frame link, so I wonder how many frames it takes a character to crouch…I didn’t think about that link at all cuz it seemed impossible to me (before reading the post before this one)…is there, err, crouching frame data out there? Haha…

UNLESS! The numbers I posted earlier were wrong??? =(
I don’t have access to a frame data book anymore; can anyone else verify? The link definitely works…

Good low jump tip. If Iori can do it with his 8 frame command grab, so can Todo, with his 6 frame command grab…heh heh