To critique or not to critique

Very nice post Akumachan. :smiley:

akumachan: Are we allowed to post sprite art in here?

yup.

we just dont want people posting random images they found on the net. thats what image mishmash is for.

Here you can post anywork that you or a friend (always make sure yo uhave permission before posting somene elseā€™s art) drew or altered etcā€¦ and that includes sprite edits.

Just read you reply, akumachan.

Tips Cap

I see where youā€™re coming from.

ā€¦

I didnā€™t really notice a proplem with people bashing otherā€™s work. I mean I havenā€™t seen alot if not any disrespects towards the personā€™s art. It may have happen and I just didnā€™t catch it. Weā€™re getting alogn pretty good though. And I guess its better now that you make it a rule.

u guys can bash my work anyday:)

Pretty cool rule. I always give a honest critique but, I never bash.

Unfortunately bro, a lot of people seem to have common sense, but they have some difficulty in putting it to use. Personally, I donā€™t mind critiques, but some people really need to check themselves. Seems the most common complaint lately invovled one artist, who went about wailing on the ā€œreport to moderatorā€ button over and overā€¦

Just to add to that, please try to think before you post, and above all, if you canā€™t say anything respectful, then itā€™s best not to say anything at all. Oh, and lastly - achan and I arenā€™t your parentsā€¦so please use the ā€œreportā€ feature in moderation. getting my box spammed to handle online domestic problems isnā€™t my speciality. I dunno if achan has a different opinion, but thatā€™s MY pet peeve :evil:

If Achan isnā€™t around and thereā€™s a real serious problem brewing, just send me a PM, give me awhile to get back to you and it will be taken care of. Thanks to allā€¦(and yes, one day - my pencil work will return) ^^;;

Edit: not trying to take sides, but GG2k2, you have been tripping with this whole ban thing. For the record, I found you to be a pretty cool person, and I am not going to embarass you by posting the actual comments you made - lest you try calling me a liar) but I think that you really need to lighten up (and perhaps go take a breath of fresh air now and then). I mean, you treat this place like itā€™s causes personal harm. I know you have feelings but you get WAYYYYY to wrapped up with peopleā€™s comments here.

Everyone (unfortunately) is not going to agree with you, and you canā€™t go around making demands that we ban people left and right.

Aqua/Gouki: Uhā€¦can you two kids try to get along, or settle your disputes elsewhere. I canā€™t speak for everyone else, but watching a thread degenerating while the two of you claw at each other is now what this board is about. Unfortunately, SRK hasnā€™t made a ā€œmatchmaking conflictā€ board, but they ought to the way you guys carry on.

Quit the arguing already, jeez. :rolleyes:

Hey Achanā€¦can you spare some time to mod my board too? :slight_smile:

ummā€¦Bahn, Your A Little Too late for this one.:lol:
iā€™ve stoped about a week ago.:slight_smile:

Hm? :eek:

Oh, wellā€¦thatā€™s great then. Hooray! (oops) :o

arguing sucks. uhā€¦ya, carry on. :lol:

you lay that smack down bahnny :lol: :stuck_out_tongue:

Is smackdowned

I llike to draw japanse mangaā€™s in my spare time,itā€™s really fun.
Im no pro but I try.

:slight_smile: art bible :lol:

I never bash a fellow artist.
and even if the peice isnt as up to standards as your work is, that should just make u feel alittle better about your own stuff.
Iā€™m just a fan of imagination.

ā€œThe pen is mightier than the sword.ā€

i wanna see the embarrasing actual comments!!! =X she stopped cuz she put him on ignore! =XXX

yeah critique only if an artist asks for it. but donā€™t just tell 'em that itā€™s the best thing ever done. if you think something could be better than tell 'em, but be tactful. everyone wants to get better. but some people are more sensitive than others and one harsh remark can make them wanna stop drawing ā€¦ so just try to be civil.

i go to an art school and i know how much it sucks to get ragged on for your artwork. in my school, which focuses on fine art, a lot of people donā€™t even see comic-style art as an art form (ask rabbid wombat, geez iā€™m not even sure iā€™m spelling that right, j?). so iā€™m used to having to defend my artwork and i think itā€™s something that nobody should have to deal with. nobody should have to feel bad about drawing. itā€™s supposed to be used to release feelings and emotions (or to make lots of $$, heh heh), not as another way for people to get ragged on. anyhow ā€¦ sorry for the rant, but i feel that all artists should be encouraged!

Later.

i dont knowā€¦

in my opinionā€¦ im thinkin that maybe they shouldnt take it to ā€œheartā€ā€¦ so what if someone says that your art is shitā€¦
big dealā€¦ its only someone elses opinionā€¦ i draw for myself and no one elseā€¦ and there arent any ā€œMASTER ARTISTSā€ here at these forumsā€¦ nobody has been crowned "KING ARTIST"
all of us are still on the same road of learningā€¦ some are just further ahead than others ā€¦ but we have all been thereā€¦ everyone of usā€¦ there is not one single person here who can say thatā€¦"oh when i was 8 years old i just picked up a pencil and sketched out the whole cast of streetfighter zero perfectlyā€¦and thats how i started drawingā€¦"
weve all made mistakesā€¦

blinks this thread is still kickin?

falls asleep