Timing on his fadc chain?

Hi guys,

I have been playing for a couple of years now and i am still having ridiculous amounts of trouble fadc’ing mid combo. I can do fadc ultra on all chars and fadc blocked srk(not on oni obviously) to make them safe. But i cant for the life of me fadc in a combo and continue it even though everyone makes it look so easy. My attacks always get blocked.

I have been trying oni recently and am trying ot do the tc2 > lk slash > fadc > repeat but after slash whatever i try gets blocked say 17 out of 20 times. I have spent so long in training room its not even funny. What i dont quite get is are u meant to wait until your attack hits and then fadc, or do you just input all the motions like tc2 lk slash fadc as fast as poss etc?

Any tips on this in general would be very much appreciated.

You should not be inputting things “as fast as possible”, there are specific timings (though the windows are fairly large). So you would input TC2 (which can be done quickly as it “buffers” a bit), then input the LK Slash to special cancel off of the last hit of TC2, then, WHEN THE SLASH HITS, you will hit Focus Attack and then Dash. Once the dash forward animation finishes, you will input your next attack (stand or crouch Light Punch is easiest, then you link that into TC2 and rinse/repeat).