Tiger Knee Cannon Strike (TK CS) Study

So I practiced them a bit and can do them pretty consistent now.
But I do 963214+k since it’s easier and faster for me than doing 9214+k.

Still good to use as a pressuretool, works relieable.

Also, I believe that EX CS is +1 regardless of where on the body you hit them. I set Cammy to reversal c.lp out of blockstun, and my c.lp beat it every time. EX CS is not the same tool it was in SFIV, but still extremely powerful in this game, and probably one of Cammy’s best overall uses for meter. On hit, s.lk, b+mp, c.rh, s.fp xx holigan, CSp and mk SA are all viable options to follow-up, and on guard it sets up Cammy’s pressure which might be overall best in the game.

In other words you don’t do the TK CS?

Can someone explain to me how plinking the kick would help at all? If you do it too early you’d get a jumping kick. Plinking would only be beneficial if the alternative was nothing coming out, no?

This is a great question. Let’s look at a couple of examples for just a moment. In sf4 [and 5] it is possible to cancel the first couple frames of an attack with a higher priority move, say for example, Ken’s step kick. The result was the forward movement of the kick but you canceled the startup into a throw.

While sf5 has removed the movement aspect, this cancelling into a higher priority move is still in the game [if you don’t believe me, plink Cammy’s s.mp with throw, it’s noticeable]

Because special moves have higher priority than normals, you can take advantage of this system, by plinking a normal with a special move and essentially and it basically gives you two chances at the input of the special move.

I used to play Adon, who had a qcb air move [air jaguar kick] like Cammy, and like Cammy it had an annoyingly weird height restriction on it as well. What you could do was qcb into straight up and do LP+LK plink two get two chances for the air jaguar input.if you got j.LK on the first frame it was possible the startup could be canceled into the the motion of qcb and the result was an air jaguar kick.

Cammy can do the same with her air qcb specials as well.

Wait…so plinking works in SFV?

Plink mp with throw with key display on. You get the mp twice. They removed the throw tech mechanic, not plinking as a whole.

@WydD Hey man, may I ask you to look up the buffer for other specials too?
Namely DP and SA. I heard (and feel) like they have different buffer. It feels like DP has much less buffer time than other specials. I was curious to know exactly how many frames is this difference.
Cheers.

I’m currently on a business trip. Will check it out later :slight_smile:

@Haztlan after measuring:
[list]
[] :qcf: 11 frames
[
] :hcf: 11 frames
[] :qcf: :qcf: 9 frames
[
] :dp: 7 frames
[] :360: 19 frames
[
] :360: :360: 25 frames
[/list]

Thank you SO much, man!
Really appreciate it!

Sorry I just updated it with 360’s motion. 720 buffer is massive

Damn, 25f lol!
EDIT: I think its 25f for any CA, am I right?

@WydD I sent this to James Chen https://twitter.com/jchensor/status/709855821425823745 , I made sure to include your tag, hope you don’t mind, heh
I guess this is universal to every char as far as DP and “other specials” go.

Is there a secret to doing this on pad, my stick broke yesterday.

After the new update, is anyone having a lot more difficulty doing regular TKCS with cammy? I used to be able to get them 75%+ before the new update. Just wondering if it’s me or the game’s changed some how.

maybe its not me or being on pad then, i cannot get one to come out at all

Qcb, Uf is 2 inconsistent 2 use in actual matches. Always has been

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTXt1dZfilM

so…what am i doing wrong? at best i can get 5 in a row. I’m on a pad to btw hori fc4.

pressing the kicks too early looks like.

do you go off when you press upforward or screen height? whats the easier timing?