Tiger Knee Cannon Strike (TK CS) Study

Try the way Nobus and I are doing it. There are no words to describe how much easier it is, imo.

Hi, guys.
Great thread and hella hard stuff u got right here.
But I have a question about usefulness of this TK: how much advantage do you get out of TK DK ? I mean i know it’s all about specific range, but can you get + on block out of TK for frametraps? Or they can just throw you out/counter hit you anywhere?

up to +1 at best depending on spacing, so technically it’s still your turn if they block it unless it’s gief mashing CA or something

I believe a perfect TK divekick was getting +1 on block. If you want to use this set a the cammy dummy to cr. LP on block recovery. Then try to divekick and cr. LP the dummy. Done perfectly you get a counter hit.

Probably not the place for this but, I have no issue doing lowest divekicks possible, but they still seem like terrible pressure (unsafe af) and hard to combo out of even if they hit. I just got back from overseas so I haven’t been able to play since release until last night, so maybe I’m clearly missing something? Btw been awhile since I’ve been on these forums, good to see you guys again.

It would be great if we could get a video of what we’re aiming for here in terms of speed.

What do you mean by speed?

It´s definitely possible, I just managed to do it ending in up fwd, but it´s tight.
And I have trouble linking anything after it.
Ex version ins really easy though.

i dunno. i’m skeptical until i see video of somebody actually pulling this off with the inputs. i haven’t gotten it once.

What a ‘perfect’ tkcs looks like in terms of speed of activation. Get a proper idea of how low the height restriction actually is.

Do these help?

Edit: Ok apparently ramma only does the regular input, but really fast. If you want I’ll record myself doing regular TKCS with the QCB + UF input.

Funny I can do this consistently on the player 2 side. Player 1 side, I can barely get it out. Gotta figure out what I’m doing wrong

very nice, thank you Rikir. i’m definitely gonna keep trying it then!

Usually I go for c.lp -> TC into more vortex stuff. You just have to judge the range, getting a c.lp is fairly easy and you can get it on hit most of the time even if you hit your dk over their head. If you happen to be too far for TC after the c.jab, you can just go for another c.jab into DP/arrow.

ok so i finally got it a few times. it seems easier with EX version for some reason? i feel like you can get a lower divekick with this method than the traditional method. i think Capcom made it hard to do on purpose. well, back to practicing it!

It’s because EX Version has a lower height restriction. According to WydD’s data you’re able to do EX version 3 frames sooner than the regular version.

EDIT: So here’s a video of me doing it with footage of my hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvPdhyLEjlk&feature=youtu.be

good stuff! thanks for the video! pretty good percentage rate too i must say haha

Cool! I edited the main post to add the video :slight_smile:

I can’t get the lowest possible EX CS with a 9214 motion - I think for the lowest possible (to hit crouchers point blank) it’s necessary to TK. At least on stick - maybe pad or hitbox players can achieve this? But I’m skeptical. Anyway, keep practicing - I’m pretty consistent w/ it now in match play; I find it helps if I’m buffering the 214 input out of the recovery of another move (i.e. c.lpx2, TKEXCS)

I think you’re right. I’ve got some post editing to do…

Also, I was looking at the inputs of the videos above. Instead of doing :qcb: :uf: (2149), I’ve found it easier to add an ‘up’ input before the jump forward. The motion is 21489, which can be seen in some of those videos. I’m not sure why the ‘up’ input doesn’t make you jump straight up, maybe the quick upforward cancels it…