Tiger Destruction

I don’t know if this has been asked before or not. Basically I am new to this and just wondering how this guy playing as Ken managed to cancel my ultra? I was on target and he just cancelled me right out and then hit me Shinryuken.

It’s a system mechanic of the game that if you do an ultra and your opponent activates his ultra in response to yours, his ultra usually wins. There are a few exceptions, but that is the way the game is. If you activated Tiger destruction and he responded with shinryuken, he would knock yuo out of your animation and vice versa.

I did not know that so thanks. :slight_smile:

Huh? I haven’t heard of any such system mechanic.

All that’s happening is that your invulnerability frames run out sooner than Ken’s Shinryuken because yours started (and therefore ended) earlier. As a result, you’ve run out of invulnerability, Ken still has his invulnerability so he can’t get hit but you definitely can. You’ll see this happen with most ultras that have similar invulnerability frames.

That’s why there are exceptions, because invulnerability is not standardised across Ultras. Dhalsim’s U1 for example starts up immediately (or almost immediately), but he has no invulnerability on it whatsoever (well, technically, 1 frame, but most any move has more than 1 active frame so it’s kind of redundant), so you can always throw/hit him out of it but the fireball will still come out.

Agreed. guess i didnt want to get into the nitty gritty.