This Is All For Killing!: The M.O.D.O.K Combo Thread

Haven’t seen one on this forums, and it seems like we badly need one.

Quick terminology in case you are unfamiliar or new to the button notation/Terminology for Mvc3.
(Inspired by Killey’s Magneto combo thread format)

:l:=:snka:
:m:=:snkb:
:h:=:snkc:
:s:=:snkd:
:u:=u, up, 8
:uf:=uf, up forward, 9
:f:=f, forward, 6
:df:=df, down forward, 3
:d:=d, down, 2
:db:=db, down back, 1
:b:=b, back, 4
:ub:=ub, up back, 7

c=Crouch
s=Stand
j=jump
dj=double jump
jc=jump cancel
AD=Air Dash
IAD=Instant Air Dash
xx=cancel
OTG=Off the Ground
XFC/KFC=X-Factor Cancel
DD=Double Dash
WD=Wave Dash
DP=Dragon punch motion

Rules:

1. Please refer to the following thread for notation:http://shoryuken.com/f340/notation-should-we-use-mvc3-256191/
  2. Include what distance the combo works eg. Midscreen, Corner, etc…
  3. Include the damage if possible. If the combo damage is variable due to how a Super works then just put a note that it’s variable.
  4. If your combo includes an assist please state what character and what type of assist you have choosen. Please avoid using the A, B, Y assist notation and just type out which assist it is.
  5. Please note any important information needed to perform the combo such as delays or timing.
  6. If Analyze cube is part of the combo, please list how many times you use it in the combo.

Works on anyone (Standing or crouching):

Anywhere:
[media=youtube]wgBKyZSkAe8[/media]
AD, :m:, :m:(One hit)-:h:, :f:+:h: xx :qcb:+:h:, DD(Or WD twice), :s:, SJ, :m:-:m:-:h:-:s:, land, dash, c.:m: xx :l:+:s: xx :qcb:+:atk::atk:(Steer and mash!)
565,000 damage
1 cube
Found by:Trag

Mid Screen:
[media=youtube]t18tLeOtiKQ[/media]
AD, :m:, :m:(one hit)-:h:-:f:+:h: xx qcb:+:h:, DD (Or WD twice), :s: :u: SJ.:m:-:m:-:h:-:s:, land, c.:m: xx :qcb:+:s:(Flight), :s: (bounce), land, :s: SJ.:h:
xx QCB+:atk::atk:
621,700 damage
1 cube

[media=youtube]LrHcB40Gt18[/media]
:f:+:h:, Hold :uf:, AD :df: (:df:+:l:+:m:), Ground dash, j.:h:-:s:(bounce), dash, :qcb:+:l:, :s: :u:
sj.:m:-:m:-:h:-:s: xx :l:-:s: xx :qcb:+:atk::atk: (Steer and mash!!)
600.700 damage
1 cube

[media=youtube]R1DbSGwxO9k[/media]
:f:+:h:, DD(Or WD twice), J.:m:-:s:, land, dash, :qcb:+:l:, :s: :u: SJ.:h: xx :qcb:+:l: xx :qcb:+:atk::atk:(Steer+mash)
225,000 damage
3 cubes
Found by:
Trag

J.:s: :qcb:+:l: :f: + :h:, :qcb: + :h:, :qcb: + :h: :qcb: + :atk::atk:
330,000 damage
3 cubes
Found by:
Audit

IAD:m:c.:l:s.:m:c.:h:IAD:m:c.:h:IAD:m:c.:h::f::h:IAD:s:Light cube:s:s.j:m::h:Light Cube, Battering Ram.

"Notation may be a bit messed, but basically do the loop until corner launch into basic SJ cube combo to super."
Found by:
WorstPlayer

Corner related:
[media=youtube]CFYFCnlQfYs[/media]
AD, :m:, :m:(one hit)-:h:-:f:+:h: xx :qcb:+:l:, J.:h:-:s: (bounce), dash, :qcb:+:l:, :s: :u: SJ.H xx :l:+:s: xx :qcb:+:atk::atk: (STEER AND MASH!!!)
584,900 Damage
2 cubes

[media=youtube]o7K70_RMcjI[/media]
:d:.:l:-:d::m:-:d::h: Skrull B assist xx :qcb:.:l:, ;qcb:.:l:-:u:, J.:h: XX :qcb:.:l:, J.:m:-J.:h: xx qcb:.:l:, j.:m:-j.:s:, :qcb:.:l:, :f:+:h: xx :qcb:+:l:-:u:, j.:h: xx :qcb:.:l: or :m: xx :qcf: :atk::atk:
??? damage
7 cubes
Found by: At The Gates

Assist related:

[media=youtube]kZ7AFk7pvXw[/media]
0:00-0:12
:l:-:m:(one hit)-:f:+:h:, Spencer B assist, :qcb:+:l: xx hold :uf: :s:, :qcb:+:l:-:s:, :m:-:h:-:s:, C.:m: xx :qcb:.:h: xx :qcb:.:atk::atk: (steer mash)
544,000 damage
2 cubes
Found by:gcyoshi13

0:13-0:32
:l:-:m:(one hit)-:f:+:h: xx :u:, :m:-:h: xx :qcb:+:l:, :m:-:h: xx :qcb:+:l:, :m:-:s: xx :qcb:+:l:, :f:+:h: Sentinel A assist- DP.:m:, :qcb:.:l: xx :qcf:.:atk::atk:, C.:m: xx :qcb:+:atk::atk: (steer mash)
846,100 damage
4 cubes

0:34-0:48
F+Grab, C.:m:-Spencer B assist xx :qcb:+:l: xx :u:, :m:-:s: :qcb:+:l:, :f:.:h:-Sentinel A assist-DP.:m: xx :qcf:.:atk::atk:, C.:m:, :qcb:.:atk::atk:
802,000 damage
2 cubes

[media=youtube]GrT2K2WwI-U[/media]
:l:-:m:(one hit)-:d:+:h:-:f:+:h: xx :qcb:+:h:, dash, IAD, J.:s:, :qcb:.:l:, :s:, J.:m:-:m:-:s:, :d:+:m:, Dooms Y assist, Jamming bomb xx :qcb:+:atk::atk: (steer mash my friend)
537,000 damage
2 cubes (one used for the Jamming Bomb)
Found by:
Loocid

[media=youtube]1j_zRcgg6SM[/media]
0:00-0:15
:b:+throw, dash, C.:m:+Sentinel Y assist xx :qcb:+:h:, IAD :qcb:+:l:, :s:, land, :qcb:+:l:, :l:+Haggar A assist xx :qcb:+:l:, :qcb:+:l:, :f:+:h: xx :qcb:+:h:, IAD, :qcb:+:l: xx :qcf:+:atk::atk:
650,000 damage
7 cubes (All used for the super)
Found by:
BoraswerBoxer

0:15-
:f:+throw, C.:m:+Sentinel Y assist xx :qcb:+:l:, :qcb:+:l:, :u:, J.:m: xx :qcb:+:l:, J.:l:-:m: xx :qcb:+:l:, J.:l:-:s:, land, :qcb:+:l:, :f:+:h: xx :qcb:+:l:, :qcb:+:l:+Haggar A assist, :qcb:+:l:, :uf:, :qcb:+:l: xx :qcf:+:atk::atk:, land, C.:m: xx :qcb:+:atk::atk:(Steer Mash)
1,001,300 damage
9 cubes (All for super)
Found by:
BoraswerBoxer

Reserved

La Reserved

Reserving again

I could not get this combo to work on Felicia. The first H kept missing and I had problems getting the air combo portion to work (the j.S would keep missing). I then tried the combo on Cap like the video showed and it worked fine unless Cap was crouching, in which case the first H would miss again.

Am I doing something wrong on Felicia or does the combo not work on shorter or crouching characters?

You have to do C.::l:-:m:-:f:+:h: on crouchers.

The part about the j.s missing, you have to shorten the combo for it to work, so instead of :m:-:m:-:h:-:s:, you do :m:-:m:-:s:

Nice thread Dewd, and nice combo list. Let’s hope it just gets longer over time :slight_smile:

Good thread!

Can we get another section just for BnBs that will work on any character, standing or crouching?

Sure. :smiley:

I’m wondering if it’s possible to create some Urien type combos in the corner with the b+S shield in the corner? It locks people in.

I think combos with Modok are going to be all about your assists… I doubt you’ll ever get 9 cubes in a combo without them.

Are there any other good assists to get those cubes? The best I’ve found is Sent and Haggar… Dormammu black hole is good too.

I’m still trying to find a way to get 9 cubes after a midscreen backthrow, but it’s so hard… Any ideas? :confused:

Have you tried using Doom, Akuma/Ryu? They are really good to continue combos with. On the 9 cubes thing, I made a transcript of the video if that will help. Other then that Bowser probably made the best possible way to do the 9 cube loop.

Dude, I am Bowser. :stuck_out_tongue:

I tried Doom and the shotos, but they don’t really do it for me. I’d rather someone who knocks them up, rather than away… But who knows, maybe I’m not using them right? Argh. It’s frustrating… like a puzzle, but I don’t know which pieces to use. :looney:

My apologies. ;p Like you said, Haggar and Sentinel seem to be the best for him. Haggar’s lariat is so good for the gtfo+combo, and Sentinel’s drones hold so much space for you to work with.

Best Assists for Cube loops
Sent (obvious)
Doom
Hagger

My experience

**Iron man **
is really good with juggling and doing at least 3 S combos. If I have a specific combo ill post it but Iron man is really good at helping modok keep space with repulsor blast. plus its at least 2 free cubes

More coming soon…

Ahh! Yeah, Iron man repsulsor blast does hold them there for a long ass time. Maybe that’s the ticket?

I have a Mid-screen one to add that is so incredibly easy I can’t believe I haven’t seen it when playing agains other M.O.D.O.Ks or in videos yet:

Midscreen: :f: + :h:, :qcb: + :h:, :qcb: + :h: :qcb: + :atk::atk:

I think it’s base damage was 319,000 and it was around 400,000+ if all of the battering ram hits. Simple combo for two cubes and only costs one level.

Also, after a standard launch you can do :m:, :h:, :qcb: + :l:, :l:, :m:, :qcb: + :h: xx :qcb: + :atk::atk:.

The simpler version after launch is :m:, :h:, :qcb: + :l:, :l:, :qcb: + :m: to :qcb: + :atk::atk:.

Sorry, I don’t remember the damage for either. Well, I guess it depends on what you do before the launcher anyway. Both variations have two cubes.

Nice!

If you start off with a j.S you can add in a L Cube before doing your combo, netting you an additional cube.

For new players looking for something extremely basic which does not require wave dashing or any difficult timing.

IAD j.:s: qcb.:l: s.:s: j.:m: j.:h: qcb.:l: df.:l:+:s: qcb.:atk::atk:

Does about 520k. It’s suboptimal but is very easy to execute and may give you something to work with until you get to grips with the more advanced combos in this thread.

fantastic thread meng :tup::tup::tup: