Thinking like Doom, an anti-Doom thread

Hey,

The reason why I made this topic because it’s one thing to ask for advice from players who’ve had matchups with doom vs players who excel with doom who could help me gather knowledge. I used to use Doom through vanilla through current however for months my mask has been broken and you obviously cant take over the world without a metal face guard now can ya? More seriously I’ve always been a scrub with him clutching casuals with footloops and fingers, I’m trying to adapt to more advanced floorplay (giggidy).

I’m looking for what if’s vs a doom with no assist

Blocking cornered
Duck blocking cornered
Chicken blocking cornered
Coming down from air after using 1-2 specials in air
Coming down from air after flight mode has finished
Coming down from air after being hit by an anti-air
After airgrab tech
After grab tech

I’m trying to phenomenally preform better vs doom as he honestly is one of the only non flashy flashy zip-wire gimmicky character I’m having trouble with.

Thanks!
Carlly.

Anyway, that’s just how I see it…

This was more than I expected. As for the coming down from using specials part - I meant if I were in air, however although communication was mixed up you managed to answer the question just as nicely as I would’ve liked it to be lol.

I have a lot of sketchy combos that work for his body type from odd angles, it’s just each day that passes by doom gains some new knowledge that totally puts me outta twack. Thanks foreal!

How do you deal with his standard aerial finger laser camping? It seems almost entirely safe, unless I’m using Nova.

If I may digress a bit from the current trend of the conversation, the thing that I’m having the most trouble with when it comes to Doom is his hidden missile assist. I run an X-23, Zero, and Akuma team, so I tend to play it pretty close, but if I can’t get close enough to my opponent before he throws it out, I get knocked out of my combo. Any ideas on how to punish him before he fires a single missile or what to do if he does get it out?