Things you want buffed for Dictator?

damn, looks like we’re still unable to go from d/b cr.lk>scissors…this was the only thing I wanted

I don’t play this game anymore, but that change list doesn’t look that bad? The teleport and meter gain nerfs obviously suck, but meter was nerfed across the board.

EX Scissors juggling now actually gives it a use as a tag move, but it probably is not worth the meter.

Just about everything links into his standing strongs now on hit, and the moves now link into themselves. That’s kinda huge isn’t it? You can hit confirm off just the strongs now, and far mp cancels into HK scissors. That seems to up Bison’s damage considerably.

HK scissors doesn’t combo off medium hits, only standing HP. You could do standing MP into MK scissors, which lets you juggle crouching MP xx HP Psycho Crusher (or whatever) afterwards, but hitting that crouching MP is like a 1-frame juggle. In the corner you can pop them up higher by doing a standing LK first then crouching MP, but… damage scaling yada yada

Oh, hm you’re right. The frame data was wrong for far mp, it’s listed as +7 on hit, which implies it cancels into HK scissors. But you can would still be able to do stuff like close mp -> far MP xx MK scissors. The faster startup on the strongs might also make juggle combos easier in the corner.

Then again I don’t really know how Bison is played in this game.

beat me to it. I’ll quote my old post, and great minds think alike:

To clarify, “Deadly Throw” is the name of Bison’s towards throw, the one that currently does 150 damage. His backwards throw is called “Death Tower” and does 140.

If Capcom wants throws to be better I don’t see why they’re lowering damage in cases like this. There’s no mention of throws getting better range so they’re still not going to be as useful an option as they are in SF4. But Capcom knows how time overs have been a huge factor, so I don’t really understand why they think lowering the damage on stuff is going to fix the time over issue. If anything they should be buffing other character’s throws so that they’re doing 150+ damage, instead of going the other way.

Apart from after a juggle, I don’t use the far version very much, but dr or air counter into s mp, s mk, c hk is standard fare for me.

Maybe boost link to push them away on block? (Safer to end on s mp than s hp, possibly safer than s hk)

https://twitter.com/xcalibbop

Rolls have a short recovery period, but are still not throwable, and most character’s boost combos are highly punishable. If Bison retains relatively safety on his chains he would be among the only characters who can continue to hit confirm from his chains.

Also, depending on if Capcom altered wakeup timing, Bison should be able to go for an ambiguous crusher on quickstand, and an autocorrect pc punish if they roll. That would be pretty neat.

Apparently they nerfed the teleport again and added 9 frames to recovery instead of 8 now. Bison’s runaway was too strong? lol

I noticed. Is warp going to be useless? You seem more technical than me, what do you think?

Having a teleport is always going to be useful, especially in a game where you can forward roll. It’s harder for me to judge how situational it will be though, because I don’t really play SFxT. But I am intrigued by the 2013 patch.

Rolling and teleports are awesome in this game. Look at Dhalsim and Yoshimitsu too. Bison’s roll into port was not bad at all. I’ve never really been punished for it. I think only a handful of people can punish it with fullscreen specials and supers.

Yup roll to warp is virtually unpublishable in this game

Most of the Tekken cast is getting anti airs, it would be nice to get some here too.

I also noticed that it’s even harder in this game to make a comeback if you are losing in life, they can just block all day, tech throw and throw in cross counters if they feel too pressured and there’s nothing you can do about it. All of your forward/back mixups come from knockdown (except j mk, which is very difficult to aim and asking to be AA’ed). It would be nice if something were done about that (better mixup or more damage, or something else??)

Canceling Medium normals into HK Scissors.

Fixing the motion for scissor dash cancels…would be helpful for throws in v2013. It’s hard to fake out people if Bison is clutching his hands before dashing in.

Leave st lk as 3 frames. More reliable than a cr lk that gets beat by mashed raw launcher.

c.MP/s.MP being 5f in 2013 makes it better than trying to ask for s.MK to cancel into stuff.

Actually what I meant is comboing medium normals to HK scissors. I wrote canceling by accident.