The Zero MvC3 "Team" Thread

Haha, this was the exact team I was messing around with today, assists and all.

I’ve found out an awesome way to fight Sentinel using Zero’s supered assists using my two characters, but I bet the same applies to other chars.
With Akuma: When you’re fullscreen, you can call the assist and then demon flip over the three rockets Sentinel shoots, continue with :h: to protect yourself with a fireball, and having Zero kill off any assist or hit Sent (or put him in block stun). It seems like a pretty safe way to go about it.
With Ammy: If you want to airdash, you have to superjump first, and even then you have to aim it properly with :s:. It seems easier to just go on the floor, be wary coming in, make sure that you wait a bit before rushing in, since you go at the same speed as the Hadengekis, you can make sure you’re near the middle, following the first one in.

zero(a)/wolverine(b)/sentinel(a)

Rush/combo/reset…
-zero’s rekkoha x factor into rekkoha or genmu zero (if you have the meter) does really good damage even as a lvl 1 x factor. I mostly do it early if i caught the assist in a combo as well. It will definitely kill both of them.
-air tag fr/ zero to wolverine into fatal claw dhc into rekkoha for good damage
-fatal claw dhc into plasma storm
-sentinel… no explanation needed… hes the best =]

Zero/Trish-b/(ground covering assist)

Trish’s beta assist is pretty good at setting up traps. You set a trap and cross over with qcb+L/M you can pushblock them into Trish’s trap if they like to push buttons after you cross them up with qcb+L/M.

You get a pretty neat DHC as well. Basic combo into OTG rainbow super DHC into Trish’s scythe follow super, as their being combo’d by the scythe you can keep laying qcb+L to add to the combo. Then set qcb+L and qcb+M traps as they try to approach the ground and/or try to escape the corner.

Zero, taskmaster(point), Super skrull or hKo. Task is a great point man if u know what ur doin. And zero’s rush down can be complimented by his zoning assist, or skrulls tendrizer. Or HKO can help u get in to start rush down or mixup.

Posted this in combo thread

Zero - Hadangeki
Dante - jam session
Morrigan - Dark Harmonizer

Zero can THC in corner with dante and morrigan, and also combo off of the Dante finisher with fully charged buster, L Raikousen and relaunch.

The THC does about 800k but remember, only works in corner.

Getting the meter is pretty easy with morrigan assist and after landing Zero’s Rekkoha in the corner, you can use dante jam session to catch air techs into Rekkoha.

Edit: you can THC off of standing :h: or -> :h:

im in love with zero/arthur/deadpool

arthur dagger assist helps keep the pressure withe zero while deadpools AA assist helps play keep away with arthur.

I use Chun-Li/Zero/Sentinel.

The team is based on the early MvC2 concept of battery/user/assist. Chun-Li is one of the best at building meter and is better off not spending it. Zero with meter is lethal. Sitting on three levels forces the opponent to be responsible with his assists. Sitting on four levels gives Zero an auto kill from his B&B. Sentinel’s A assist compliments both Chun and Zero’s rushdown, and is obviously a pretty good character all around.

I would never start Zero on point. He’s too good with meter. I’d rather get him in with 3-4 than start him with 1.

Zero/Wesker/Dormammu

The team synergy in this is actually surprisingly good.

Zero is started on point can handle a lot of characters with his priority and earns meter fairly quickly. Airthrow can be comboed into samurai edge assist to do combos, and he also can do unblockables with it. Dormammu covers both characters’ approaches both direct and teleports with black hole assist, which absorbs projectiles (such as those pesky Sentinel drones everyone likes to use) and Dormammu rounds out the team with a great zoning game if he’s the last character. KFC Dormammu with flame ball super taking up the screen is amazing.

In this order they can DHC fairly well into each other, Zero Rekkoha, Wesker into his Phantom Dance (maximum wesker for some people lol) and flame ball super.

All these characters can also kill fairly easy with combo, knockdown otg super X factor super, or Dormammu on super. Zero’s assist is up for discussion, but I usually use Hadangeki just in case I plan on using it, but I usually don’t end up using it.

I’m still trying to figure out who to use with Zero. So far I’ve been using Super Skrull and Deadpool with SS using his Orbital assist and Deadpool using Quick Work. But I’m trying to find good assist to compliment Zero’s rushdown, either ones that are good at extending his combos or allowing me to keep the opponent distracted at which point I can teleport behind him and attack.

One thing I do know is that I’ve taken Zero off point as that shit’s just too dangerous.

right now I’m using zero/viper/dante. in that order
zero on point with shippuuga to aid viper and dante with pressure. viper I’ve used on all three assist and they all suck. dante on jam session.

I’m thinking of changing to chun li on kicks assist and deadpool on katanarma though. I’m going to mess around with them today.

I use Zero/Doom/Sentinel. Hidden Missiles are good with zero.

Burning Kick is good as it hits overhead and you can combo out of with Shippuga. Seismo OTGs so it’s better to extend combos with Zero in the corner than Dante because it’s less hits for the hitstun decay to increase.

I’ve found X-23 to be a really good assist with Zero when using her ankle slicer assist. When getting in and if you decide to use a jumping heavy attack with her assist out with the right timing leads into some pretty damaging combos. With Doom using his hidden missles to help also get in. You can DHC into X-23’s hyper but the timing is tight, and DHCing into Doom’s super that shoots the blast upwards first does nasty damage all around.

Zero/Dormamu/Sentinel.

Shippuga
Dark Hole
Sentinel Force Bombs

With Zero on point I go for mixups using IAJ Cancel into his lame forward dash using Dorm’s Dark Hole assist to cover me.
During a combo, I’ll go for the one frame cr L after shippuga and restart the LMH magic series again, using Dormamu’s assist to between St H and Shippuga to give me an opportunity to ST H to Shippuga to launch. Once in the air M M H and switch in Sentinel. When in the air with sent go for a M H S or just H S depending on where they are. Once they’re on the ground L Rocket Punch to either super - You can relaunch after sentinel force or you can cancel the ball super into Zero’s QFC AT-AT to finish.

This combo earns a ridiculous amount of meter because of the number of hits inflicted, if you’re lucky enough catch an assist you will most definitely kill them and get to level 5 somewhere between half and three quarters of the way though the combo. I literally killed a guys point and assist character within the first ten seconds of a game the other day. It gets even worse if you XFactor somewhere in there. It’s really dependent upon how they bounce or where your attacks have placed them.

Another variation of the combo is to keep Zero in and finish your air combo with a neutral S. When you land call Dormamu and then do the QCF in the air. You’ll OTG them and Dorm’s assist will hold them up long enough for you to ST H -> Shippuga -> Launch. Then you’re free to add whatever you want.

I really like how easy it is to come up with combos on the fly in this game.

Zero/Doom/Sentinel

Hadangeki/Plasma Beam/Rocket punch

Hadangeki for the super trick. Plasma beam to cover command dashes and to blow through projectiles. Rocket punch to OTG. Win.

I just wish I knew how to play Doom. :frowning:

Shout outs to the other dude who rocks this team. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure where to put this, but since it involves another character, this seems as good a place as any. If you DHC into Taskmaster’s :m::h: Legion Arrow from Rekkoha as soon as it goes active, you can TK an air :m::h: Legion Arrow and have the whole thing hit without having to use X-Factor. It does ~700k from just :s:j.:m::qcf::h:, Rekkoha, Legion Arrow, Legion Arrow. Damage scaling hits it hard, though, so you may want to mostly use this when you’ve got an X-Factor active already. Level 1 X-Factor takes the above listed combo to 967,100, so a real combo at the start should kill most characters. :l::m::d::h::f::h::l::m::h::f::h::s:j.:m:j.:m:j.:qcf::h: Rekkoha, Legion Arrow, Legion Arrow does 1.2m with level 1 X-Factor active, for example, while it only does 740k without it.

Been tossing it up between Zero, Viper and either Wesker or Iron Man. Been doing better with Wesker lately, but Iron Man makes such a cooler looking team, they’re all red and gold :stuck_out_tongue:

But no matter who I use, DHCing to Viper is always a god damn loss for me. So I’m still trying to find which one I want to use as my third.

zero - hadangeki/ iron man - unibeam/ doom - hidden missiles. too much pressure and chip for the opponent to do anything really XD

um well the team im useing is Zero/Dante/Wesker can someone judge this team for me