The way I get DP -> CA consistently

When i do reversal DP or waw DP to super i use 623hp 236hp but the way i just started to do it in combos is by using the dp shortcut motion followed by two QCF motions. 5hp 3hp 13hp 236 236 hp. The reason i stared to do it this way is because i kept dropping c.jab and short in to DP in my combos as well as getting accidental super trying to do c.jab into dp. eg. 5hk 5lk 313hp, 5lp 3lp13hp. ITs real easy and i think its a lot faster. its really just a quick shake of the wrist.I probably should do raw/reversssal dp to super the same way to keep all my motions in uniform.

The most reliable way for me to do the st MP, cr HP, HP Dragon Punch, CA confirm is:

:n: + :mp: , :df: :hp: , :d: :df: :f: :hp: , :d: :df: :f: :hp:

If you’re just cancelling say an anti air MP DP into CA then:

:db: , :d: , :df: , :db: , :d: , :df: , :mp: , :f: , :d: :df: :f: :lp: - in this case you’re doing the MP Dragon Punch short cut as a deep anti air or cross cut, but still carrying on the CA motion. Note:- the forward direction after the MP is in the same direction the opponent is landing on; as would be the final quarter circle forward motion.

or:

:df: :d: :df: :f: :hp: , :d: :df: :f: :hp: - this would be if you were say cancelling any old DP then CA.

Just remember in SFV the game requires that you cover all 4 cardinal inputs for down, forward, down, forward + Punch for the CA to come out.

Lol I just mash it like the scrub I am. Playing Charge chars in SF4 makes you too lazy to input CA’s properly

still struggling with this… i’ve gotten better with cr.mk > fb > ca on P1 (maybe about 70% of the time) side but still struggle with cr.hp > dp > ca (9 times out of 10 on P2, but about 3-4 out of 10 on P1)

I find that if I’m very quick inputting 3HP 23HP to get the crouching heavy punch into srk it leaves me enough time to comfortably do a full 236236 super motion within the cancel window. I’ve found that easiest of everything I’ve tried since most other stuff is close enough to my SF4 muscle memory to pull me back into old habits that don’t work in this game.

Surprisingly, I find doing this on a controller much easier :slight_smile:

Just hit the training mode again, I think my issue is I’m not pressing punch quick enough with the cancel, I’m doing the motion quite easily, but my punch is too late.

I guess it’s just about training and putting time in (which mine is very limited since having 2 kids :D), it’s taken me a solid couple of weeks to get the st.mp > cr.hp timing, so hopefully I just get an epiphany with the execution

I use a Hitbox but I find the easiest way to do it consistently is 3HP, 2, 3HP, 6, 236 HP. You can do it fairly smoothly with no rush.

Well I’m reporting that after a solid few hours a couple of nights this week, I’m finally starting to get the hang of dp/fireball cancel to CA on the P1 side!

Now to just be able to do it in match against real people :slight_smile:

HP~6, QCF+P, QCF+P.

Done.

What about from a cr.lk, cr.lp, dp to ca?Its hard for me because the shortcut for being able to do just d, df for the first quarter circle is gone. Now we have to actually do 2 full qcf.

Too bad this shortcut is gone because I used to be able to react to fireball for that matter at a much closer range or even whiffed fierces and answer it with an ultra back in IV.

I figured this out very late as well. The trick is not to wait till the move which has to follow the CA has finished. You need to input like it’s just going to queue the inputs and it will consider the directional input for fireball/shoryuken as the first qcf for CA. So, just input cr.mk - hadoken and immediately do a hadoken motion - the CA will come out right after hadoken