The UMvC3 Tron Bonne Changes

Haha, your avatar is quite nice too. :smiley:

I think they removed the trapping from otg because folks like NerdJosh would setup the unblockable reset using She-Hulks punchy thing…still, they should have just tweaked that around a bit and left it in there. :frowning:

These changes are just (to quote Wolverine) UNACCEPTABLE, and I hope they revert most of this crap.

Or if they don’t revert it, I hope they give her some tools to WAAAAAY make up for these nerds. I’m talking Bonne mixer range boost and more combo options afterwards, making her drill less of a combo killer (I love her drill, but DAMN it can ruin a perfectly good combo), reducing cool down from wiffed lunch rush, SOMETHING. ANYTHING.

I’m in the same boat with Haggar as well, ground bouncing pipe is utter BULLSHIT and now ruins perfectly good combos as well as one of his best combo starters.

And would it kill capcom to make her projectiles actually be GOOD!? I seems like they want her to use them thanks to these nerds, but they still suck. Servbots fall way too quick from servbot launcher, they don’t hang in the air long enough to actually be a nuisance to anyone, and they suck as an AA. And as for the supposed buff to her gun’s bullet speed, it’s not the bullet itself that sucks capcom, it’s how long it takes to shoot it! Make it’s startup as fast as wesker’s gun (yeah I said it) and keep the bullet speed as is, and she’ll have a legit and frightening zoning tool. Right now, it’s the EASIEST projectile to dodge in this game, making it useless.

You what would be cool? You know how Tron’s throw game was pretty good back in mvc2? What if they tried to really push that idea of Tron being a really good non-command grappler even farther? I mean REALLY making a normal throw from tron be the worst thing that could happen to the opponent? That would be kinda cool. It would totally change her play style, but it would change it in
a cool way. I just don’t wanna see her become a sub par version of what she was in vanilla.

Hold on, you can’t do 236L on falling opponents anymore? What the hell is up with these random nerfs? There was no reason to nerf that move.

Like Furious Liver said, there is a good reason why they changed it (set up a pretty nasty unblockable) but nerfing it to the point where it can’t even be combed into WHEN IT HITS IN A COMBO is downright wrong.

I’ll admit the ability for tron to combo out of boulder and flame all by herself is rather nice, but capcom nerfed all her tools for actually GETTING those combos, or actually letting those combos do decent damage due to damage scaling.

The ONLY thing that needed to be nerfed waas her Gustaff Fire assist. If ANYTHING she needed a few buffs like longer command throw range and less damage scaling (similar to Dante who does shittons of damage for a 30 second combo) but these nerfs have made me reconsider using her. Crapcom really doesn’t know what the fuck they’re doing.

Agree 100%

Gustaff needed the nerf. it was a bit overnerfed, but it’s not the end of the world and her other assists aren’t TOO bad.

If the only thing they did was that nerf, and fix her scaling like you said, I might say tron would come out the better. Tron has some suprisingly long combos in vanilla and will have new relaunch possibilities in UMvC3, making already long combos even longer. If capcom makes Damage and Stun scale slower, she would be terrifying to be hit by. (the fact that Dante’s combos scale so slowly is downright strange for a character like him)

Actually, better damage scaling and hit stun scaling would actually fix alot of Tron’s current issues (not ALL of them, or the worst of them, but some of the more annoying ones). Drill would be more viable as an approach and combo starter since damage wouldn’t be pathetic off of it anymore, nor would the opponent drop out as easy, which would also make the j.H and j.S nerfs not quite as bad (still sucky, but not as all encompassing)

You know, you’d think that Capcom would get the memo that there’s a reason why the Tron comeback against Phoenix at Evo was so impressive: because Tron isn’t that good and her options suck. I was hoping for something along the lines of her getting an 8-way airdash to compensate for her losing her only competitive tool (the assist). Nope, she gets hypernerfed even past the assist. I don’t understand the logic there at all.

Nonsense, there’s still a lot that Tron can do without jumping H and Servebot combos assuming the buff to bandit boulder allows for us to fully extend our combos with our self OTG. Also as we saw from Taskmaster and Mags outside of the corner, we may very well be getting changes to damage across the board. The damage Tron landed off of her j.H would become way out of wack in comparison to the UMvC3 cast if this trend continues to other characters. There’s a lot left to see, and I don’t think we should jump so soon.

A damage nerf to j. H would be fine IMO. I liked it as a combo starter rather than a damage dealing move. It’s the fact that they made it much more situational as a combo starter, thus limiting her ability to start a combo on point.

Well, I guess there’s still time for changes in the next builds. Let’s wait to pass judgment. If not, then complain. Somehow. I’d like to know how.

well, to a certain extent, we have to complain NOW (not without reason or logic though, duh). “the squeaky wheel gets the grease”, so If fans bring up issues they have with characters, even on forums, it might make the developers take a second look at that character.

questions, issues and complaints made here can then be remembered and asked to seth, or niitsuma, or anyone else with any authority when people go to conventions and such. I’d much rather be proven wrong and berated for my impatience, than wait silently and proven RIGHT.

I’ll tone down the more overt negativity though :wink:

Any PAX videos possibly showing something “new” or different with Tron for a glimmer of hope?

I don’t remember seeing much, if any, Tron at PAX. There were those moments where people hovered over Tron and Hsien-Ko and Joe and the like for a few seconds and I got a little excited, but then they just moved up to Wesker instead.

It’s really too bad that it’s a vicious cycle; characters need exposure to get buffs, but the character either aren’t appealing to most people because of aesthetics/gameplay, so they don’t get exposure. Like I said int eh Hsien-Ko thread, you just can’t win if you don’t have a trenchcoat.

I’m not jumping ship, it’s just that her nerfs are ridiculous so far. Another way to put it is to examine the characters who got a net nerf (as in, their nerfs outweigh their buffs):

-Wolverine
-Phoenix
-Wesker
-Akuma
-Dante
-…Tron Bonne

From what we’ve seen so far, every other character has either been buffed, relatively unchanged, or gotten enough buffs to outweigh their nerfs.

This is fucking ridiculous. I really dont see myself dropping tron but from what i see everything i do with her is getting nerfed…

This is just dumb, I don’t want to over exaggerate considering no one’s really played around with this UMvC3 Tron to find any new tech, but on paper it seems like Capcom is just being cruel for no reason… maybe her upset victory at Evo made Niitsuma wet himself or something and this is revenge? Or maybe it’s residual Mega Man hate…

Worst comes to worst, there are 12 new shiny characters to trample on her grave with

Is there any video confirmation of any of the speculation? How hard it will be to combo after a j.H, if the servbot launcher buff seems to be useful, and is gustaff fire not useful anymore for defense? I didnt test anything with tron @ evo just Doom and was just curious on the matter.

Here’s a video that shows the new j.H pretty well:

The higher + farther hit, coupled with the st.M nerf makes it look like you can only combo with drill, unless you’re in the corner.

Assuming the damage hasn’t changed too much, the overall combo damage should still be comparable to the old combos. The biggest issue is going to be combo consistency, since the drill isn’t going to autocorrect. So if you’re going to get a crossup j.H, you’d better be doing it intentionally, and be ready to drill the opposite direction. With the higher bounce, it might be a bit easier to react to if you crossed up or not, but you’ll still need to know it’s coming.

Auto-correcting in this game is stupid period, I can’t count the number of times I’ve dropped a potential OHKO because when I sj I end up behind the opponent for some reason and my character is too retarded to realize it and starts whiffing crap in the wrong direction…It happens a lot with Trish for some reason D:

I barely ever sj at angles anymore (unless the combo demands it) in order to avoid this, it annoys me though because seems like something that would take Capcom 5 minutes to fix

Well, that’s a separate issue unrelated to autocorrect… if you end up on the other side during a launch combo, it means your launcher hit while the opponent was higher in the air than usual. S (launcher) height seems to be, by default, the height you’d need when launching a grounded opponent. If you’re doing a juggle combo that lifts the opponent off the ground higher than normal, you’ll end up getting a launch that’s too high to air combo off of.

It’s something you need to learn for different character matchups due to varying hitbox sizes. For example, you basically don’t need to worry about it with Sentinel, but you need to be extremely careful vs. characters that have small hitboxes (Ammy, V. Joe) or float funny (Zero, Wolvie).

For those cases, try to make sure you’re hitting S when they’re relatively low off the ground. Or, you can tailor your combo to make sure they won’t be too high when you launch them. Personally, I always chain S after stand M for Tron.