The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Not gonna lie, I like Gill’s outfit.

7 Likes

Meanwhile Lucia over there with that atrocious costume. And keep in mind it’s a part of a 20$ DLC bundle.

Sometimes I just wish half of costumes Capcom has released over the last few years could’ve just been snapped out of existance

Man I wish UDON’s licensing would end a new and better comic book studio started creating a new line of Street Fighter comics…

3 Likes

Wow, you’re disliking traditional European clothing?
That’s racist, you know? :rage:

Didn’t know Europe is a race /s

3 Likes

Lucia’s costume would have made way more sense on Kolin or Falke.

7 Likes

I bet you can’t tell me what country that is.

Logic wise Falke and Vega will have been the two most easy pick for these costumes, but i guess they just wanted boost a bit the costume numbers of Gill/Lucia… i’m ok with It

If Gill have at least one normal human skin color it will be appreciated, but i doubt

Notsureiftrolling.jpeg

Probably some German/Dutch thing.

Those bloody Teutons all look the same to me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Japan sometimes scares me :s

Just thought of something. Maybe not Street Fighter but Mortal Kombat can cross with either Tekken or Samurai Spirits!

“Iza, jinjou ni, ippon-me, shobu!”

Wow that’s racist you know

1 Like

Colors of the 2 new costumes

GILL https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/character/gill/costume?lang=en
LUCIA https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/character/lucia/costume?lang=en

The site does’nt show the CPT EX11 colors for standard costume, but mean nothing as the site stops at EX8

Anybody bought the pack and seen if the colors are already avaible?

1 Like

Gill color 3 is legit.

Bought CPT pack

• Gill’s code version remove funny stache-beard and the shoulder cape

• Lucia’s code give her her standard haircut (no hat of course)

• Colors EX11 are ugly, still better than metallic crap ones though. Anyway glad are locked behind paywall

[spoiler]
Urien: “… SRK are nothing but a bunch of rats… Hiding behind their computers. Commoners like them will- WHAT THE FUCK???”

(True) Nash: “Hm. Projection. Yes. I see you visit SRK a lot on your spare time, only to troll or rag on them and then force each of them to watch as you beat up on those weaker than you. Why don’t you try that with me?”

Urien: “You impudent scum! Who do you think you’re talking to?!”

(True) Nash: “You’re the only one in this room, you asshat!”

Urien: “CRUSH!!!”

(True) Nash: “Nope.” Uses VT1

Urien: Attempts a throw in response, but Nash counteracts “I rebuilt you! YOU WILL REGRET RISING UP AGAINST ME!!”

(True) Nash: “Oh, hey. You said the SFV motto. I find that funny, though in somewhat cringeworthy sort of way.”

Urien: “KILL!”

(True) Nash: “SONIC!”

Urien: “YOU FILTHY SCUM!!! NOW I WILL GRIND MY HEEL UPON YOUR MISERABLE SKULL!! I WILL STOMP YOUR FACE UPON THE PAVEMENT AND CHEW UP YOUR INTENSTINES!”

(True) Nash: “… I’m out. See ya.”

Urien: “… what??”

Nash bolts

Urien: “… Did he mock me? DID HE JUST MOCK ME?!”

???: “Yes.”

Urien: “WHO??!!”

Another new challenger awaits

[/spoiler]

1 Like

The original quote by Akiman was somehow mistranslated, though: he didn’t say that Cammy’s BRAIDS were modelled after Misty, he said that Cammy was modelled after the BRAIDED Misty from Wounded Man. The OVA series came from the eponymous manga series written by Kazuo Koike and drawn by Ryōichi Ikegami. Cammy definitely didn’t earn only her braids from Misty…

The same manga contains vivid depictions of Brazil, that…

That…

Schermata 2020-03-26 alle 23.43.49

THAT’S BLANKA’S SFZ3 STAGE! :flushed:

Akiman also said that Cammy’s arm protectors “might have been influenced by Masamune Shirow’s works”.
“Might”?
From Appleseed:
Schermata 2020-03-27 alle 20.39.16
Incidentally, one of the protagonists of Appleseed is Briareos HECATONCHIRES… Seth is copying moves even from Shirow! :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

That’s cool, i read (here) Cammy was based for good part on that girl from WM, but i never seen these Pic of her in uniform from the manga :+1:

I think it’s safe say most of her fight style came from Alita and her version of Panzer Kunst (Alita’s martial art), Spiral Arrow and Cannon Spike in particular

I guess is possible Panzer Kunst influenced other characters too
Bison’s scissor kick may be a candidate, maybe even more Nash with his special kicks… maybe a Guile’s somersault kick too?
I remember on Guile you found SK source somewhere

Fun thing is Seth’s SFV Battle alt remind me a bit PK’s founder Tiger Sauer
immagine
Wich may make perfect sense if we think PK was a cyborg martial art :smile:

Another influence Alita may claim is Colonel Payne giving Capcom some ideas for M.Bison, in particular for Bison’s Cammy/Dolls thing and his existence as ghost that can haunt people
immagineimmagine

Colonel Payne ran the Expendable Toys Juvenile Infantry School on Leviathan 1. The children would fight to the death in combat training. The children are informed that they will be returned to their parents if they captured the flag, thus encouraging them to fight to the death.

He states that Zazie was a graduate from his school and his finest pupil.

Notice how the “expendable toys” match well with Capcom’s “Dolls”

Plot- Deceased Edit

Colonel Payne is shown again in Phase 23 (Karate Antlion Pitt!!) as a ghost that haunts Alita’s decisions. He shares the memories of Alita and usually encourages her to give up, die or give in to her current situation.

May be something similar to his SFV way of haunt Ed/Falke minds

3 Likes

Yes, but these two

definitely CANNOT be the case. These pics come from Last Order, that started in 2000. Cammy came out in 1993, so only the second image (Spiral Arrow) from the first Alita can qualify. If anything, these are Alita being influenced by Cammy
On the other hand, the first Alita series gave Cammy most of her moves. Cannon Spike…

Her HK

Crouching HK (and jumping HK, as for SFV…)

It is possible, but Bison’s Double Knee Press was stated in Street Fighter II Complete File as being stolen from Adon. Basically Capcom reused Adon’s Jaguar Kick from SF1 (so they had to redesign it for the Alpha series, thinking about it…). I think Alita has nothing to do with it. As for Guile’s Somersault Kick, it’s almost time I compile the article about that author… And two more things about Mika, Makoto and Final Fight. @bakfromon already knows. In the coming week I’m going to tell you all everything.

Not for the Dolls, as they first appeared three years before Payne did. But he might have given Capcom the idea about the ghost. Seth, on the other hand, is a perfect fit.

5 Likes