The Ultimate Storm Thread v2.01 (Updated 2020.07.25)

Also Storm and Iron Man on Repulsor Blast can set up double hailstorm setups

Here you go. Raw tag concepts I feel she’s been missing

Here are more double hailstorm concepts

Sweet, I will put these up when I get home. :smiley:

You should also probably note that Storm can only use the input nullification glitch when close to the ground otherwise she will get consecutive lightning attacks

Hmmm… So this can be done

Yeah I told yall I’d find it

Is the Elemental Rage mashable?

No unfortunately

I just got an interesting idea for Storm/Spencer. Storm should be able to get lightning attack after hailstorm into wire grapple for a mixup opportunity. I’m thinking that wire grapple will pull them behind where lightning attack would recover. Even better if she recovers before they land to dash under or attempt for a hi/lo or cross up jL

Also @Yannick I must give you props. The way you have this thread organized and staying up to date with it is a testament of your character. I would love to do something like this to the Spider-Man boards but me fully developing a character then trying to fully explain every detail about the character is a lot of work and way too much to do when the players you’re doing it for complain too much about everything. So hats off to you and the Storm boards in general and I will continue to find content for our favorite goddess to help contribute to this board

THankz Yannick! No need for me to check on my MVC3 guide book.

I see. I thought it was.

Lightning Attack after Hail Storm is stupid good. I have a pocket Spencer/Storm/Vergil team and was looking for ways to abuse grapple assist. I wonder if the knockdown assist would do well for this team as well. Time to experiment! :smiley:

Also I’d like feedback on something. While I’m trying to find ways to get double hailstorms I’m noticing ways to get double supers in general since not all assist allow enough time for hailstorm to start up. The question is would it be useful to display this despite the other two supers being weaker?

Unless you landed an infinite prior to her coming in I don’t feel you should burn two bars with her unless it will kill but I’m also the type who likes providing options in various situations

I think it would be useful simply because ERage is very friendly for DHCs. Lightning Storm is also technically her hardest hitting super, so I think displaying it is fair.

Word

I swear if hit stun weren’t an issue Storm would be able to double hailstorm off a lot of shit. :sad:

Last update before I sleep. I found a few more assist that allow another hailstorm plus I recorded assist letting you land lightning attack or elemental rage after the initial hailstorm. While not as strong they do let you DHC into another character depending on the assist you use and how fast they recover. Akuma does set up for the double hailstorms so all you Storm Akuma players should learn how to do it for when you get those clean hits. Also that stuff I said with Storm/Spencer is true and it has some NASTY potential since no one would expect an instant left/right mixup right after hailstorm. Also you can link another hailstorm off grapple as well so options options options.

Dude, this is pretty good stuff. Once we get this stuff nailed down, I will make a tactical update to the guide regarding double hypers.