The Ultimate Magnus Thread. The godlike stuff

A Word:
I want to make this a one-stop spot for all inquiries regarding Magnus. Please do not hesitate to suggest changes/additions or alert me to errors in the main thread or via private message.

Thread is under construction until otherwise noted

=====================================================

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6528/bloodabeast.png

Episode 1

Episode 2

Forum Regulars

Ika Zuchi No Kami

Kanta-Kun

-= Joker =-

BMsirhc1313

Alioune

r313n71355

leafcolonel

Alcheymyst

Anima922

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/020/1/f/magneto_alternate_costume__umvc3__by_rieytails-d5s59oz.png

~sprite by MilesRiey
More good Magnus threads:
Magnus Combo Thread

Magnus TAC Infinites

Resets and mix ups

Frequently Asked Questions

Hitboxes and Frame Data

Good shit on making this. Also the XYDC can be omitted from the bottom of the notations.

This is golden, As soon as Ultimate drops we can start getting stuff up for this. Thanks bloo! If you need help with anything, I’m down.

(Team building still says Dormammu :stuck_out_tongue: )

LOL FINALLY KANTA KUN CAN STOP CRYING…SMH

Cool and *fixed.

check out the first video on my girlfriends youtube channel (sorry I can’t direct link from work) – the first vid should be called “MvC3 Training”. Will that particular ROM I do with Mags no longer working in UMvC3? If it doesn’t – what properties of his changes causes it *not *to work?

if the link doesn’t work just go to youtube and search iAmSammyG, it should be the first vid in her channel.

edit: here’s the direct link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08_Ne_cj8oc&feature=channel_video_title

The standard loop is dead. This loop will work for you and is probably easier.
:s: sj xx j.:h: addf j:h: sj xx j:h: addf j.:h: land, dash forward s.:s: sj xx j.:h: addf j:h: sj xx j:h: addf j.:h: into whatever

So ugly :frowning: So… Brute and unrefined.

Why capcom? Why?

Hopefully Magneto can still be boss in this I want to keep him on my team. Nothing but love for Mags.

Capcom seems to be diligent in making this game more strategy-based than “pretty”. To me, I relate it to going from a really good looking but stupid girl but an average looking girl who is smart…

The good looking one was definitely more fun.

Nice analogy.

His combos were so fun… oh well, I hope something can still be figured out in U.

I’m willing to bet Heroes and Heralds will have an upgrade option to extend his airdash or lower jH pushback so we can play somewhat similar to vanilla Magnus as an option. It just won’t be tournament legal.

that’d be kinda cool, but a slap in the face, atleast for me lol. “Here you go, play the Magneto you wish you had…” I’m just being emo about his changes, even though I’ve been limited to EVO/Fight Club play with UMvC3 Mags.

I’ve only rocked Ultimate Mags at SDComiccon but it was on a stick and I’m incompetent when it comes to playing stick on this game. D:

As long as we have some kind of midscreen H loop BnB (which a fly loop variant and Alioune combos are confirmed) that can transition into 2-3 reps of Hyper Grav loop, I’m happy. At fullscreen, cLMHS jH addf jH cH sS jH adf jH jS works, and even though its boring as fuck, it still does 441k which is comparable to a fly loop for anyone who is struggling to transition into Ultimate.

I do think that his new magnetism moves are overrated by a great deal in this game. No footage has been seen yet of someone using them to great success against a decent player. X-Ray rolled a Mag/Doom/Ammy team and tried to bank on the Hidden Missile/Repulsion synergy but Captain America blew it the fuck up.

here I come Ultimate Mags!.. freakin 1 hour until I get out the office…

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9526/downloadju.jpg

HOW IS EVERYONE GETTING IT SO EARLY I AM SO JEALOUS.

Same >:T I’ll probably only get it monday or some shit.

Fuck you guys :frowning:

I’m going to be streaming my Mag tests if you guys are interested… swear i’m not trolling you guys, I mean… if you guys are just interested to see me test shit with him.

Why is there no link yet? >: (

(Thanks bro, We in there)

No worries, I’m out of this gat damn office in 30 minutes, I’ll update the thread with a link when I’m home.