The toxicity that is the Stages thread. Welcome to Disagree, USA

I had forgotten that you could hid behind the pillars and tank shots.

It also blocks normal attacks and invokes hit-freeze. So it can cause some wide-hitting moves to hit later, causing punishes not to work. Or certain multi-hitting moves may drop. Etc.

Though that’s not quite as much of a factor as it blocking projectiles in general.

mario circuit cannot be a legal stage. that god damn ceiling causes way too much damage, even if you tech it. it’s fun for friendlies cause who gives a shit but god damn, free 100% combo? hell no

It can work as a CP. The ceiling and walls don’t stay for long and only cause that kind of damage while the stage is moving. You have to know when that will be to actually set-up into it.

I’ve only ever seen it go balistic when you get knocked into it when you already would have died, or taken close to death damage anyways

it’s still too much damage you can get off from 1 move, i think it was kaboxx i was playing against. i uair’d him into the road and he stayed there and took like 170% from it, even teching twice and the time he didn’t, i usmashed him

it’s fun, but it’s just too easy to rack up damage

You guys should come up with some actual criteria or you will never get a stage list you are satisfied with.

Too true

My criteria?

Stop being whiny bitches and adapt.

And then you encountered Gokario and look how you reacted to that…

I yelled, said “fuck” a lot, and then dealt with it.

Actually CG just banned the tactic.

I ran some tournaments and the stage list we came up with (for singles) through actually playing the game and not talking about theory is:

Neutral:
Battlefield
Final Destination & Identical Ʊ
Smashville

Ʊ identical to FD:
Battlefield / Big Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium 2
Flat Zone X
Palutena’s Temple
Skyworld
Gaur Plain

Ʊ rule: If you want to choose one that is not identical you must run it by your opponent and they reserve the right to deny you.

Counter Picks:
Wuhu Island
Duck Hunt
Town & City
Delfino Plaza
Kongo 64
Orbital Gate Assault
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Pokemon Stadium 2

Thats… actually not too terrible a stage list.

Speaking of stages… I went to a local gathering last night…

I hereby am banning Smashville automatically every match I play.

I am absolutely sick and tired of that goddamn stage.

Oh the look on peoples’ faces when I ban that shit without hesitation… Learn the other stages, dammit.

that’s the apex list + extra omega rule + kongo + orbital + ps2 + wuhu

rip skyloft

Nope. Some stages are banned. Kill it with fire. No Wilys. BOYCOTTTTTT

It’s a damn shame when you can win solely because people didn’t take the time to learn the stages…

Skyloft can actually kill you at certain points during the transitions if you hit the walls. Not unlike Mario Circuit.

Why can’t I have a neutral Zelda stage Sakurai.

Dude, there aren’t ANY neutrals other than Smashville and Yoshi’s Island Brawl that aren’t part of the usual set.

Skyloft we felt was a little too big, maybe it’ll be in doubles if I can figure out how to identify when random scenery will hit you.