The Tide is coming... The Chaos Tide thread

Title says it all. Discuss his lvl 3. Combos, strategy, etc.

Chaos Tide overview

Spoiler

Chaos Tide is performed with DP (forward, down, down-forward) + ATK + ATK. What happens is that another Red Arremer comes out and he helps you attack your opponent. Your partner gets a choice of 3 moves to use. Fireball, Demon Missile (go through), or Swoop. Fireball is done when you press L. Demon Missiles is done when you press M. Swoop is done when you press H.

Combos

Spoiler

Reserved

Dat Cheap Shit

Spoiler

Reserved

Annnnnnnnd… Go…

Well, I guess the first combo you’d put is a set-up that leads into that thing where you can just mash divekick and the helper interrupts the ground bounce and you can basically do it until the hyper is over. It’s not amazing but it’d be better than having nothing I suppose. And you might want to list what type of fireball it is that the helper does (equivalent to Firebrand’s own L, M, or H).
You might also want to put down the exact length of time it lasts for (I’ll probably just edit that into this post when I find my copy of the guide again).

Pressing L causes the buddy to perform Air M fireball (the diagonal down one), and lasts for 579 frames, which is a little less than 10 seconds.

Dat Cheap Shit

[details=Spoiler]Step 1: Activate Luminous Body
Step 2: Activate Chaos Tide
Step 3: Activate X-Factor Level 3
Step 4: Mash d+H, L, Demon Missile (M) and Demon Missile (H) > S
Step 5: Repeat step 4 until Firebrand or the opponent is dead

Note: Step 1 and 2 are interchangeable[/details]

Fun-fact. If you’re ever in a case where you have any lvl of X-Factor and 4 bars of meter, you can perform self-unblockables. Simply start charging Demon Missile H after the first 3 steps above, and repeatedly press L while doing so. Even if the Fireballs hit or are blocked, they’ll still lead to an instant unblockable and an assured K.O. on that character (Of course you’ld rather not resort to this unless you were near the end of the match, but I just felt you should know in-case you needed it.)

Still figuring out a silly way to combo into it. I just about got it down, there are a few kinks i gotta work out. But it’s a setup with Doom missiles to get a fireball fest started similar to what anabolic did in his video.

When would it ever be worth the meter, though? You’ll get more damage from Dark Fire -> Sphere Flame.

I think it’s worth it for the mixups, but only in lvl 2/3 x factor. He can kill really quick with dat D. H loop.

[It builds about two bars in exchange for the three lost. You can end it on his bon voyage which you don’t necessarily have to use a super. Can try going for a guaranteed unblockable setup with nova in that case or lead off with some sort of other mixup. For the 8.6K damage i think it’s viable (for my team at least).](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz6qzlPDCRY&feature=youtu.beYou tell me. I just put this thing together finally. [/url)

I’ll lay out my concerns:

1. How much damage is being done for that 1 net lost bar? Looks like it takes 5 to do 900K with that setup.
  2. Are the execution requirements worth the risk for the damage? Dark Fire to Sphere Flame probably comes close to 900K.
  3. How much meter does your opponent generate from getting hit so much by these highly scaled hits? It looks like he gets a bar and a half from just the level 3 portion to me.

SOOO I just learned firebrand doesn’t need some long assist to combo into level 3…because I just did this by accident. I was testing damages of firebrands level 3 with super skrull’s assist. When I accident called modok…and it still combo’d FOR WAY MORE DAMAGE. Heres a short version since i did it on a phone and wanted to upload this as soon as possible. I swear it was an accident. ITS even 10 times easier to confirm omg lol… [media=youtube]ff1Q13q2qv0[/media]