The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

I have, but I think Zeku will be able to help him handle that.

1 Like

@The_Shakunetsu

Yes, I took parts way in order to get my point across in a quicker manner, if I have caused any inconveniences from this quote then Iā€™m sorry. The standing stance could be better, as you have said in few time with Juggernaut in the MVC games.
Maybe I should get to editing it, probably not though.

@Tatsuroko If the story is any indication then yes, for sure.

1 Like

Hero Cody is still okay even demoted like after everything the people still wanted Cody to be appointed but Cody rejects and believe that he can settle trouble conveniently, efficiently and effectively with his fist more and people would still cheer him.

Now I want to see how Abigail does his own taxes.
Can his hands even hold a pen?

Codyā€™s story was very nice, I enjoyed it a lot. Itā€™ll be interesting to see if him and G end up interacting in any way.

4 Likes

I definitely think G is the governor and force in the shadows Cody mentioned.
Iā€™m really hoping for a second story now!

Hmm, I was hoping for a flashback that explained the Haggar costume and why he finally decided to reform. Also was hoping for a Guy cameo where heā€™s off in the shadows, smiling at Codyā€™s progress.

Thatā€™s not why he fought him, he used the minor violation + his past hatred of him. Heā€™s basically reintroducing himself to Abigail and more importantly warning him to behave himself. Looking at how he was happy he was that Haggar left could mean a few things, but Cody wanted to make a splash. Part of me wants Abigail being mistaken for a crook to be a running gag, but part of me wants a new Mad Gear. Iā€™m fine with either.

6 Likes

I wants a new Mad Gear because itā€™s gives more design space and flexibility they can be more rude and it makes it acceptable why the previous Mad gear should retire. The retired Madgear nowadays are shown not just in Abigailā€™s story to be something wholesome and laughable a sudden change to make them what they were in the 80s is meh.

80ā€™s beat em up and culture of street fights was different decades ago which was the previous Mad Gear from final fight(1/OG) was designed and evolve to fit a more joke perspective. Before even game over screen show the ruthlessness of Mad gear.

I think they could still be with Mad Gear but with the one FF2 Mad Gear not the OG Madgear, because they have lotā€™s of design space for flexibility and also establish history that arenā€™t going to complicate.

Okay Iā€™m kinda BS for FF2 Mad Gear in terms of design I even did a summarization if I would make them work. I believe they can be whatever destructive and challenging to Cody because Cody never interact with them previously and the audience has a bit of knowledge of what they are other than knowing what they used to be compared to the OG Madgear.

I see no problem with G being the governor instead of Haggar. That would be a surprise, Whoever be the governor would be an interesting twist. I just hope Cody doesnā€™t end up to be in prison again, he deserves to freedom not just from the cage but also in ideals.

If G was something special in the government, I hope Cody would bring him down personally that would make Cody a vigilante or something, but also exposed him(G) in return. Making Cody a heroic peopleā€™s champion and forcing Haggar to return to his duties. While Cody still paroled but removes as a mayor turned into something as a special undercover enforcer in Metro City.

1 Like

I really donā€™t see Cody going back to prison. They know people have wanted a new direction for him for ages and SFVā€™s main point is moving the characters forward. Even if Cody isnā€™t mayor for the rest of his appearances in the series, heā€™s not gonna backslide into apathy, prisoner Cody. Heā€™s engaged and alive, if he somehow loses office, he, still having the burning desire to beat up bad guys, could be a modified version of his FF1 self. As he said, these days you canā€™t just beat bad guys up. A new direction would open up for him rather than a re-tread.

One thing I noticed, was Marlowe mentioned the city has financial problems. I wonder if this will be tied to the Black Moons chaos or a future plot point?

3 Likes

Man, after seeing Codyā€™s Alpha ending, I was just thinking about how much Iā€™d love to see a Final Fight OVA detailing the events of the first game. I love the duo and wish there were more Final Fight games with them. I enjoyed Final Fight 2 and 3, but no Cody and Guy was a bit of a letdown.

The Street Fighter games were good in trying to revisit the team-up:

-Cody had no desire to fight alongside Guy in Alpha 3. After snubbing Guy, Cody eventually joined him and helped him defeat the Dolls and destroy the Psycho Drive.

-Guy proposed the idea of working as a team to take on Seth. Cody ultimately declined, but the possibility was touched upon.

-Cody and Guy worked together to uncover the secrets of the Pandora Box in Street Fighter X Tekken. This lead to them taking on and defeating Ogre.

I like the way Zeku was introduced into the story. Not as straightforward as a Guy pairing, but I get what they were going for. A new Final Fight, a Capcom All-Stars, or any opportunity for the two to work as a team again would be welcome.

5 Likes

Yup despite I dislike Zeku solo storymode.

His encounter quotes, themes, colors and individuality was done brilliantlyā€¦ yet he still is complementary to Guy designs and his previous designs.

His like not something narrow to be an obvious ā€œthis is someoneā€™s Sensei characterā€ā€™.

He is written to be independent, has his own character goals and he is stylish not the generic master old guy archetype. I like that what he has been was never been forced other than his solo story mode.

I hear ya, I want something, anything that delves deeper into the FF world. Iā€™m hungry to know more about Mad Gear, but the heroes as well.

It always was surprising to me that Cody vanished from franchise just after the first outing.

1 Like

Cody & Miss Marlowe

14 Likes

Same here. I was pretty surprised to not see him appear in 2 or 3.

I get that they were focused on introducing new characters. I just feel like Cody, Guy, and Haggar are the dream team. One of the things I love about the Streets of Rage series is that they managed to keep most of the cast intact.

1 Like

So we get Marlowe as playable character in S4 so we can have two secretaries as fighting girls,she and Kolin.

1 Like

You just saw her booty in Codyā€™s SFV ending and want another waifu :wink: It would be nice to get a redhead though.

4 Likes

Cody was so generic and bland in his OG design obviously, as if he was like the Ryu of every beat em up in the later days. White shirt and jeans. Yet his design did stand up visually compared to the others before his time that it became there inspiration as we all know.

with Viper haha secretary fightersā€¦

Kinda OT

Imagine if Donovan Alt for Urien had this stuff too.

1 Like

I have my supreme waifu with Juri but I wouldnā€™t mind Marlowe to be included.

Iā€™m still waiting on my main man Gouken.

Capcom plsā€¦

1 Like

What if then Marlowe rips her red wig away and it turns out it was Kolin all along, sent to spy on Cody.

Or maybe it was C. Viper.

Or Dio.

7 Likes

@Doctrine_Dark By the way, apparently Cammy has unique win quotes while wearing the Cannon Spike costume, I would check them myself but Iā€™ve yet to get that costume.

7 Likes

That seems a innovation. I hope even voices can be change in future alt like KOF did.

Capcom making efforts and worth while for their alt. Never expect they would go to those areas.

I really like that Capcom do slide bitā€™s of improvements and innovation in this game.

Hope someday Fallen balrog becomes an alt.

Nice. Hereā€™s the others Cobel posted:

Ryu - This outfit? Oh, letā€™s just say Iā€™m geared up for a special mission.
Vega - Whatā€™s wrong? Not going to fly at me with your claws?
FANG - Shame you chose to deal with poisons instead of cures.
Bison - So long!
Ibuki - You think youā€™re faster than me? In these boots? Not a chance.
Guile - This outfit saw me through a storm of bulletsā€¦ It was quite the battlefield.
Blanka - You havenā€™t seen a cat around here, have you?

Thatā€™s awesome. I hope more alts have unique win quotes.

8 Likes