The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

So that’s the guy on the background… that hair looks like a duck’s head from afar lol.

I wonder what happened to Sagat origins? It’s a definite sign Rose is coming.

1 Like

And maggio if they already have a design for him

1 Like

No thanks to Maggio. Piss poor design. I think his CFN mentioned he wasn’t a fighter as well?

1 Like

He isn’t.
That doesn’t mean he couldn’t do anything, anyway. After all, he is studying under Rose…
(lol at my predictions they were going to do Guile’s wife at the time, however. A year and a half passed and they have yet to do her, and CFN is in a prolonged hiatus after Falke…)

7 Likes

I think he’ll definitely appear in Rose’s story mode

I miss CFN profiles so much… really wanted to see Slammasters characters after the Final Fight 3 ones. Besides new artwork, it would be nice to know where they are now and what the CWA is up to these days.

7 Likes

Agreed, the Japanese Yoko profile name dropped Black Widow. She was Haggar’s tag team in 3rd Strike too, so she should still be active. I’d love to see her again. Her design and moves were cool.

3 Likes

Black Widow is probably the most deserving of the Slammasters to make it into SF. I would absolutely love seeing her on SF6!

2nd Impact actually, when Hugo is paired with Elena.

1 Like

I don’t think they should be killing off any already playable SF characters, period.

What they do need to do though, is stop taking characters that were dead in the lore, and bringing them back to life to make playable characters out of.

8 Likes

Agreed. Although currently dead playable characters (in small numbers) is OK with me. For example Goutetsu.

2 Likes

I’d agree with not killing off anymore characters, but I wouldn’t mind dead characters returning (through some bullshit reason or “just-for-gameplay” motivations).

1 Like

They dropped so many references to them too like El Stinger and Black Widow.

3 Likes

About Maggio random thoughts, similar to my very first impression months ago

1- an italian male rep is the thing i will welcome the most in my SF
Problem is i hate it to be a weakling like that
I’m not even mad at design itself, alt costumes + colors can fix that… but he really seem the weakest bitch
After all this time waiting an italy rep will be sad get that can’t punch for shit LOL
Smalt Raven was the man for the job

2- as @Midgardsorm said him not looking like a fighter does’nt mean he is’nt one… just watch Menat, who’s even weaker than him and still she’s a SFer

Let’s watch what we seen about Soul Power users, both Rose and Menat fight infusing objects of SP, so that even a silk scarf or a crystal sphere become weapons able to pack a punch…
…Maggio is said to be skilled at use yoyo, do the math

Yoyo as weapon is’nt even new for anime

Not a yoyo but still rope toy, see Yatterman in Tatsunoko

As said i don’t like my rep wish to be wasted on that kid, but i’ve zero problem imagine they can think yoyo+soul power+agility/speed is enough to get a slot… as said it’s already more than Menat is

3- Why people are worried? It’s only udon, did they ever legit leaked a SFV char? (real question i don’t follow udon)

Since when does him being featured in Menat’s story (which makes perfect sense) means that he’s gonna become playable? Now that’s far fetched. Not everyone that appears in the SF universe needs to be a skilled fighter. He’s just a kid that asked Rose for help to help him find his sister, and is basically learning how to read tarot cards… nothing has been mentioned so far about him learning about Soul Power.

4 Likes

They cant be finished with the CFN profiles surely… can they? Did they ever do Guiles wife?

1 Like

Yes, that is why Guile filed for divorce and full custody :wink:

You don’t have to go to anime.

Bridget in Guilty Gear fights with a yo-yo. While I can understand not wanting to consider it a fighting game, Captain Blue Jr uses twin yo-yos in Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble. Yoko in Ehrgeiz, while largely fighting unarmed, also has several yo-yo attacks. (Yoko is a nod to Saki from Sukeban Deka, which is a manga series that dates back to the 70s, spawning a TV series and multiple movies.)

Several other characters use yo-yos alongside various other weapons: Ness from Smash Bros, Malin from King of Fighters, and Mamiya from Hokuto no Ken.

I don’t think Tatsunoko vs Capcom’s Jun actually uses her yo-yos in combat, but they are part of her intro animation. This is true for some other characters as well, showing off their yo-yo skills only outside of a fight. I wouldn’t be surprised if I’ve left out some actual yo-yo users as well.

If you want to leave the confines of fighting games, yo-yos aren’t that uncommon among video games in general. This is even more true when you expand the list to include items that aren’t technically yo-yos, but might as well be, such as Rygar’s Diskarmor.

3 Likes

Actually I don’t go for yoyo in SF… they need a proper destructive weapon to make those work in a SF type reality, the anime type of SF is slightly in aesthetics not in combat.

Most mentioned examples and references were even from crossovers games and anime shows that have a different reality in logic not SF. SF do used slight cartoon and anime aesthetics but not do not have every anime logic you can think about.

What Capcom can do for that character to work is to make his yoyo enchance by soul power or the yoyo is designed for hurting people but that’s kinda silly, Not because this guy is a skilled yoyo it means he could hurt someone because there is an anime reference lol.

In SF even how skilled you are with ordinary thing like yoyo it doesn’t mean you can hurt the likes of others, that’s kinda frank west reality that isn’t also SF logic. In SF fighter you don’t hurt someone by being just skilled with ordinary household things.

Yeah, i just did because anime is still the main inspiration of most japanese gaming stuff, so it’s easy show how they can made up a SF char going with anime style combining it with SF chara design logic

As said i’m not fan of the idea of him getting a slot (i dislike “anti-fighter” designs in fight games), BUT i can totally see a yoyo glowing in azure soul power working just as Rose’s scarf or Menat’s sphere.
Like or not i will have to admit there will be coherence as SF logic… for SoulP group, it will be some sort of “group gimmick” like purple flames for PsychoP group or hados for the Ansatsuken family

Ps: good call on Mamiya, totally forgot about her :smiley:

It’s clearly hinted he’s learning SP under Rose

Miodgarsorm’s link to the CFN literally say he does’nt seem able to fight (being a very young,
not martial looking, skinny fuck) but he’s learning some hidden power (SP)

Essentially it’s the same thing of Menat, Rose’s apprentices don’t need to look warriors(nor does Rose herself) as SP don’t get it’s power from usual SF ki concentration through martial arts pratice

Fortune telling it’s not a separated thing in this case
Rose’s fortune telling (her “magic”) come from SP
Menat herself is an fortunetelling apprentice, and she’s learning SP for it
You can even say that fighting seem very secondary to her, with future telling being her true focus… she got her “fighting” ability essentially by default developing her own SP

The more you link the dots, the more Maggio seem he could just be a male version of same concept