The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Shit as he is, I understand that Kage has wow factor to headline a Season and I can get that some people like him. The problem is they didn’t announce anything else. They should have said “look, we have this spectacular and badass piece of garbage to kick off and then these legit good characters are coming”. But no, we are left with him and no more news.

4 Likes

Kage is just making me think… do I actually want Rose in this game? Like we could get her in 2019 and have like 1 or 2 years with her, and eventually everyone moves on to the next SF game and we start all over again.
I think I might prefer her to be asbent her and on SF6’s launch roster.

Your mistake is that you think SF5 will last another 1-2 years. What if SF5 lasts 3? 4? What if there is no SF6? What if she isn’t in the launch roster?

Take what you can when you can and don’t count on the future to turn out the way you want.

1 Like

I dont think SF5 will last more than 2 years cause its such a big flop. Plus there’s the whole 2022 big announcement for Capcom, that makes me think new SF.
She might not be on the initial roster but she has higher chances to be there or in the first couple of DLC seasons after being absent in SFV, than coming in for 1 or 2 years in SF5 and returning right away for SF6.

1 Like

Wow Kage’s theme is GOOD. Damn good

4 Likes

Lol, where are you getting this?

Hi guys, I stumbled with this in YT

Any thoughts? Is this made up stuff?

Fun Fact: The Japanese version actually gives his full name as “kage-naru-mono”, which translates to “something akin to a shadow.” This is why Kage is never referred to by name, nor does he identify himself by the name Kage: it’s a title. Oni follows the same pattern. In Japanese, he is called “kuruoshiki-oni”, which translates to “a crazed ogre”. Kage and Oni aren’t actual beings. Merely manifestations of the Satsui no Hado that have been expelled from their owners but are powerful enough to take physical form. - Vulcan422 8 hours ago

1 Like

Kage like Oni, is a description more than a name, so that makes sense. Kage is a given name for us in the real world to simplify things.

However, they do not have physical forms outside of gameplay settings. In the story, Oni and Kage are metaphysical and spiritual with the POTENTIAL to become physical. They aren’t even like Phantom Bison who very much can impact the physical plane of reality. If Kage becomes physical, then he ceases to be Kage because he would become Evil Ryu then.

In the the SF universe’s spiritual or astral plane, “demonic” entities can take on different forms as we saw Bison appear grotesque in Falke’s nightmares, Necalli’s shapeshifting, and the demonic looking SNH hallucinations that Sagat was having.

Kage’s (and by extension Oni’s) appearance make perfect sense in this context. Kage is not Evil Ryu redesigned with horns and an underbite according to the story, Kage has horns and an underbite because he isn’t real, he’s a shadow, a hallucination, a nightmare.

3 Likes

And i’m sure many others have the same trash tastes lol

Problem is with a such love-hate divisive entry they should have added something to hype up everyone else

Lol at least Akuma/Sagat/Sakura while sucking dicks got a new stage with them

Cinematic mode introduce us Phantom Bison thing.

Oni was Akuma loss his humanity.

Kage is SNH from Ryu tried to exist separately to convince Ryu.

Those because those were ideas I have known for and been discuss a lot from the past.

What my concerns was this thing

The Japanese version actually gives his full name as “kage-naru-mono”, which translates to “something akin to a shadow.” This is why Kage is never referred to by name, nor does he identify himself by the name Kage: it’s a title.

and this

Oni follows the same pattern. In Japanese, he is called “kuruoshiki-oni”, which translates to “a crazed ogre”.

Since I don’t know Japanese. Did Capcom Japan really intended that? or this is just another fan made up theory.

For how i see it are different cases

kage- not physical, canon happened (on the spritual plane)

oni- physical, what Akuma can become in future, NOT canon happened yet (what if char)

Necalli- pshysical and happened (obviously), hard to have a final answer on him, for what we know right now he can be energy based, an actual spirit/demon or even of alien origin… or a combination of these.
His “monster form” seen in a sketch is likely a case similar to Oni’s

Ghost Bison- tbh it’s even a wrong description, as with a body shell or not Bison is just Bison, he exist in both physical and spiritual levels.
Bison is the soul/will of the original man, who conquered his negative ki (like if Ryu took only the power from “kage” and throw the rest)
But PsychoPower (or how Bison dominate it) seem to work different on the body host: PP “burn” it forcing Bison to move to another shell, while SnH transform it

3 Likes

Necalli to me is the Aztec version of Evil Ryu or Oni. Fundamentally they are the same but achieved this state of being through different martial arts. The only difference being is that Necalli has been doing this for hundreds of years, and by way of a curse or simply he sleeps a lot, he only manifests in the physical plane every few centuries.

I’d like to think that when he is not roaming the Earth, he is sleeping in a stone form as per one of his alt costumes.

Edit- Also Oni is a what-if, but I believe like Bakro said Akuma struggles internally to keep him at bay every day the way Ryu struggles to keep Kage or SNH at bay. We saw a glimpse of this in the SFxT ending which even though is not canon, it gives you insight into Capcom’s way of things.

1 Like

4 Likes

Game sales isn’t the only thing that will keep it afloat. If the fans they already have invested heavily in costumes, season passes and other microtransactions than it will be enough to keep the game going. It’s what kept DoA5 supported until the announcement of DoA6.

8 Likes

Necali was a force of nature when there was imbalance and chaos right? Much like Orochi in SNK lore.

Introducing Evil Ryu as a playable character in Street Fighter Alpha was a mistake to begin with.

I’m not a fan of these “alternative versions”, and it only led to more lazy stupid shit not only in Street Fighter but in other fighting games too.

1 Like

I just hope this would be the last alternative version. An alternative version that fix any possible loopholes. No Purity Ryu, Kindred Gouki and Berserk Akuma in the future games.

1 Like

Max wanted shit apparently.

Makes me think that’s when their purchase by Nintendo goes through.

1 Like

Capcom are not sinking. If anything, they haven’t been this successful in years.

4 Likes

That’s why I don’t buy the made up excuse of fans that capcom is lacking budget. What they are doing is just having different priority to other titles when it comes to investment.

1 Like