The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Ryo Redcyclone noticed that Falke’s normals have German names for plants.

LP Klee (clover) MP Lilie (lily) SP Ahorn (maple) LK Schilf (reed) MK Iris (iris) SK Eibe (yew)
cr.LP Olive (olive) cr.MP Winde (bindweed)¹ cr.SP Sonnenblume (sunflower) cr.LK Moos (moss) cr.MK Lotus (lotus) cr. SK Rose (rose)
j.LP Distel (thistle) j.MP Lanke (carnation) j.SP Birke (birch) j.LK Magnolie (magnolia) j.MK Flieder (lilac) j.SK Aprikose (apricot)

¹ Ryo mistakenly translated it as “acacia”.

8 Likes

I think Ed and Falke were supposed to have the same life, and then the better host (Ed) will have naturally emerged

The difference is that being the one that caught Ed, Rog developed a sense of responsibility toward Ed, passing time with him and taking the task of his training

Otherwise they will got the same faith

Anybody have the Falke quotes to other fighters? I’ve seen the quotes towards her instead

here it is

Falke’s quotes:

Summary

To Abigail: “Your size speaks volumes about how inefficient you are.”
To Akuma: “You scare me. Leave me alone!”
To Alex: “You enjoy fighting, don’t you? I wonder if Ed and I will ever feel the same…”
To Balrog: “You’re sloppy and inefficient in your technique…and unfortunately you’ve passed that on to Ed.”
To Birdie: “Food is first and foremost for nourishment. You could stand to learn that.”
To Blanka: “Blanka-chan? I’m assuming that’s nothing to fear, ja?”
To Cammy: “I empathize with you, but we’ll deal with things our own way.”
To Chun-Li: “We have nothing to do with that monster. Leave us alone!”
To Dhalsim: “You keep mentioning things like “enlightenment” and “truth”… What exactly are you talking about?”
To Ed: “Heh heh. Let’s try to be stronger, Ed. Both of us.”
To Falke: “I will leave my past behind me…”
To F.A.N.G: “Don’t you dare lay a finger on us!”
To Guile: “This mark on my hand is symbolic of my terrible past, but I guess to you it makes me nothing but a target…”
To Ibuki: “Students should devote themselves to their studies, not combat.”
To Juri: “So you too fell prey to that madman’s lust for power… I feel your pain.”
To Karin: “I have no intention of joining you, but I won’t stand in your way either.”
To Ken: I don’t fight because I want to. I fight to survive."
To Kolin: “Don’t you dare rope us into all of this. We’re not just some pawns in your twisted game.”
To Laura: “Similar to you and your pride for your jiu-jitsu. I’m proud of the bond I have with the others like me.”
To M. Bison: “Mark my words, I WILL stop you…”
To Menat: “Ja, I believe in your future. I have to…”
To Nash: “I understand the hatred you harbor, but you’re directing it a the wrong people.”
To Necalli: “…What? I can’t understand what you’re saying. You’re beginning to scare me…”
To R. Mika: "“Our motivations for fighting could not be more different…”
To Rashid: “I never really learned how to take things easy…”
To Ryu: “You know, we also have something to stand for.”
To Sakura: “I can’t understand why someone like you would actively look for a fight…”
To Urien: “I have no interest in whatever it is you’re scheming.”
To Vega: “I’m afraid I don’t have time to deal with your unusual tastes.”
To Zangief: “Why are you so obsessed with muscles? It’s a waste of time and effort to get that large.”
To Zeku: “Those flashy tricks of yours won’t work on me.”

For convenience.

5 Likes

I know this probably belongs in the fanart category (and it’s definitely off-falke topic), but I really wanted to share this with you guys. And It’s a little story related, just a little interpretation on it.

Art by Tree-Ink (Sergio Briseno)

“Chun-Li: The Gauntlet” comic preview of our next page:

Flashback memory of a young Chun-Li training with her father. Back when her life was much happier. A fresh look of innocence and excitement on her face. Little does she know that on a fateful “Tuesday”, it would all be taken away from her, setting her on a path to revenge.

8 Likes

A rare image created circa SF3:NG. I find it ironic that they’re talking about fighting spirit. I have a feeling that they’d into a argument before realizing they misunderstood each other. Also, isn’t Megaman a bit too tall for a robot modelled after a 10 year old?

Sakura sees fighting as fun and to catch up with Ryu.

Megaman fights other robots and despises having to hurt others and doesn’t fight for sport like most of the SF characters.

3 Likes

I can’t speak from a battle standpoint (don’t have a PS4) but Falke’s normal costume is lame, it looks like a glorified bathrobe.

1 Like

It’s not just that either, it kind of blends in with the stage design at least in my opinion.

Also notice how we reached another 100 posts when Falke was released. That was fast.

No Doll could have suffered more than Decapre. She’s the only Doll I feel sad for.

4 Likes

The director of SFV has been Tweeting about Falke/Neo Shadaloo lore.

Falke’s birthday is May 25. Such info will be published in an official capacity in the future.
Falke considers herself Ed’s older sister and is very protective of him.
Falke grew up in an area of the Shadaloo facility where German was spoken.
The limited edition e-Capcom book contains small hints about the Neo Shadaloo mystery.
“Gorilla-kun” has a proper backstory, and his real name has meaning.

8 Likes

And still did’nt sufferend enough, damn mugen shit stay away from muh precious SF slots :smiley:

LIMITED?! WHY?! I wants it…I needs it!

Jokes aside, that’s interesting. I’m eager to learn more lore and I want to know more about Gorilla-kun.

“Gorilla-kun” was a substitute body created for Bison in an effort to impose his iron will onto the animal kingdom.

2 Likes

Incorrect Gorilla-kun is @Evil_Canadian . Bison was no match for his Simian power. So he released him into the Yukon.

3 Likes

Actually, @Evil_Canadian is Bison. Hence my eternal devotion towards him.

5 Likes

BISON’S CANADIAN?! He…he must be empowered by all of our unGodly geese! Those things are only fuelled by eternal hatred and crapping on anything you love.

1 Like

No, Bison is from England. His PP is fueled by the new education system, the tory government making stupid decisions only rich white men can benefit from, the unpredictability of the weather and every single chav.
(Chavs are the British equivalent of a redneck)

1 Like

He doesn’t look English to me

4 Likes

Gorilla dude is a blatant copy, I mean borrowing of Overwatch.

Seems fair since they took Laura. They can have her. Gorilla-kun is already more interesting that thot.

1 Like