The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

I guess they do guerrilla-like operations against former shadaloo bases around the world
Subjects can still be captive and soldiers in place

Also you don’t know how they react once free, they may be kind of rejects of society unable to fit normal lives, so they will try to get some power by force… not so absurd
Kid-Ed himself was’nt raised by Rog to be a saint

Also Ed in his subconscious may still have something of Bison and as Bison-host, he may be “naturally” inclined to act like a “young-Bison”… see him getting 3 subjects with high fight ability as his generals

Last but not last i like A LOT this pic
immagine

Watch Ed expression, is changed as fuck, remind Bison’s
Watch Knife and Gorilla as they seem ready to wreck shit and fools
Falke on other hand watch him and seem worried for him

I think what started as “let’s save ones like us!” nice guys adventure will drastically change tone as soon Ed reach physical prime and Bison claim his body as host, and Falke will be the one to notice something not-normal is changing Ed

7 Likes

Falke Arcade Ending

Summary

4 Likes

I do too.

I would like to see glimpses of this kind of stuff unfolding before our eyes but it seems Ed is still needing to get strong first.

It’s a little awkward with all the time jumping the story is doing with Ed… I get the impression this picture represents an Ed older than the currently playable Ed. I can’t imagine THAT Ed with a snarky teen voice saying somebody is a hi def picture of strength.

I’ve been saying this forever!

On Falke’s story I feel like they used the wrong outfits, would made more sense for them to use their pre-NS outfits.

I also think that NS isn’t a thing yet, if the arcade ending and the story itself is any in then they’re just aimlessly wandering about in a reckless manner. They are joking about and playing. Maybe, like @Cestus_II said we haven’t really seen the extent of NS yet. Ed is still jokey but that picture at the end really says alot. It’s quite classic animé like in that he has those hidden eyes and sad looking frown giving a “tragic villian” persona. Falke clearly looks concerned for him.

It’s definite now, we ARE getting a 2nd story sometime soon maybe late in SFV’s life.

Falke’s win-quotes: http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Falke/Quotes
It seems Guile is still a soldier who doesn’t show emotion as long as there’s a danger, like in ASF. Chun-Li and Guile are aiming to investigate Falke and Ed (as they have the Psycho Power obviously), but I’m Finally not on their side, Neo Shadaloo are just innocent people.

Also, her quotes to Urien and Kolin imply that the Illuminati have already built some plans with them. Intriguing.

5 Likes

Whoa. Falke’s quotes are done already? Now all I have to do is get the opposing quotes. Simple.

1 Like

Falke to Chun-Li: “We have nothing to do with that monster. Leave us alone!”

Oh Falke, I and my waifu would like to believe you. But your group does have the word “Shadaloo” in the name, you know:The same God Damned organization that killed her father? It’s her job to put her nose in your business. Plus, you have that freaking insignia on your hand. How does she know you’re not gonna turn into some psychopathic killer?

Good quote, very simple for Falke to Chun-Li. But it’s really good. Nothing that breaks character or overcomplicates things.

Chun-Li to falke: “I’m sorry to hear what you’ve been through, but your connections to Shadaloo cant be overlooked.”

I love this quote because it show two sides of Chun-Li: a compassionate and sympathetic side, and her justice side.
Chun-Li knows that M. Bison is a freaking monster, and that his experiments on this woman are indescribable. She sympathizes for Falke, who was just misfortunate to have been under Bison’s control for so long. But her policewoman side shines in the second part of this quote as she must be careful that this lady isn’t affiliated with anything terror related. With Shadaloo in her organizaton’s name, a syndicate known worldwide for their evil deed, it’s reasonable for her to be apprensive about her and her past connections to Shadaloo.

Good quote Chunners. Keep doing your job like a boss!

1 Like

Abigail to Falke: “You rely on that sicko or whatever power too much. You need a few more horses under that hood of yours for that!”

Akuma to Falke: “You are not worthy of such power…”

Alex to Falke: “Your style reeks of desperation. That doesn’t make for a very fun fight.”

Balrog to Falke: “If you wanna talk about how I fight, maybe you oughta learn how to fight first!”

Birdie to Falke: “A fellow Shadaloo dropout, eh? That lot don’t know their arse from their elbow, but they’ve got good grub!”

Blanka to Falke: You like cute things? Here, I’ll give you a Blanka-chan doll!”

Cammy to Falke: “Those Shadaloo bastards have gone too far…”

Chun-Li to Falke: “I’m sorry to hear what you’ve been through, but your connections to Shadaloo cant be overlooked.”

Dhalsim to falke: To worry is to be human. I know some techniques that can help ease your troubled mind.”

Ed to Falke: "Ha! Well, whaddya think? I’m a lot stronger now, right?”

F.A.N.G to Falke: “I fail to see why Lord Bison has a need for copies like you when he has a mastermind like me at his side!”

Guile to Falke: “I couldn’t let power like yours go unchecked.”

Ibuki to Falke: “So you’re one of those “I fight because I have to” types too, huh?”

Juri to Falke: “Don’t worry your pretty little head. I’ll crush those slimy Shadaloo goons under my foot in no time!"

Karin to Falke: “That Psycho Power you wield…I’d like to see how much of a threat it poses.”

Ken to Falke: “You’ve got some moves, but there’s more to fighting than just running the numbers, you know!”

Kolin to Falke: “Psycho Power, you say? How much longer will I have to keep hearing about that?”

Laura to Falke: “So, you have somewhere to go? If not, why not come train with me in Matsuda Jiu-Jitsu?"

M. Bison to Falke: “Mua ha ha ha! This world is mine for the taking!”

Menat to Falke: “That power…It’s like that of…Bison, was it? I have a feeling I will see more of it in the future…"

Nash to Falke: “I won’t stop until that power you wield is gone from this world.”

Necalli to Falke: “Weak-eak-eak-eak…Your power is not yet tamed…”

R. Mika to Falke: “You’ve got some sweet moves, but you feel a little…stiff. You should try smiling some more!"

Rashid to Falke: “I know life’s not all fun and games, but you gotta hit the off switch every once in a while, you know?

Ryu to Falke: “I could sense your strong conviction in every one of your attacks.”

Sakura to Falke: “There’s something familiar about your power…I bet you’ll get a lot stronger if you try real hard to control it!"

Urien to Falke: “So you’re a remnant of that dark organization? You might be of some use to me after all."

Vega to Falke: “You seem to be a cut above the other Dolls…I wonder if you will be able to amuse me?”

Zangief to Falke: “You fought well despite such puny muscles. Is it because of your Psycho Power?”

Zeku to Falke: “Memories of pain…You strive to overcome them. Your fight rages on.”

12 Likes

Foolish children! Can’t they see that in their quest to “become stronger together” they are setting the stage for their own demise. It’s like Falke said, Bison wants them to become more powerful and his “nightmares” are quite possibly his way of catalyzing said growth in power.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I thought as well. And another thing… Falke likes theatre. Now, we already saw the trailer for S3 characters showing elaborate scenery, as if it were all a staging to deliberately lure Ryu into a trap of some sort. My feeling is that Neo Shadaloo will learn that Ryu is essential to their plight, and Falke will stage an elaborate plan to obtain Ryu with the best of intentions - maybe because she was misinformed by a seemingly innocent third party, like F.A.N.G’s new disciple, so it would make sense that Capcom informed us of her existence, and it will keep F.A.N.G relevant -, maybe with some help from G. Then things will go all horribly wrong as we all predicted, and Falke will helplessly witness her poor Ed gradually becoming her worst nightmare incarnate. Ultimately, she (and maybe the other Neo-Shadaloo members, unless they’re blindly loyal to Ed and further complicate things) will have to ask Menat (and Rose?) for help, and (sigh) Ryu as well. I’d like it if their story would not become too “big”, and even better if it’s resolved by someone unexpected - like, say, Blanka, G or someone else that isn’t always Ryu, thank you Capcom. No, I didn’t mean Karin, also thank you. Rose, Menat or Chun Li would be much appreciated. She didn’t kill Bison physically, but it would be awesome if she did succeed to extinguish, no matter how temporarily, his spirit tormenting Ed. It would also definitely justify Urien’s words to Chun Li in 3rd strike.

3 Likes

Master Zangief know everything.

3 Likes

Interesting things I picked out of the quotes:

-Hah, as much as Akuma protests, he knows how great psycho power is

-Balrog’s least threatening quote ever? Maybe he’s going easy on her since that’s Ed’s sis?

-Birdie, I can see a future where Birdie, still working for Karin, is LOOSELY in charge of helping others cope with trauma by chatting them up while they eat up. Like Story mode 3, the hero team’s rescued a bunch of innocent people (maybe getting civilians out of harms way, poor people being experimented on, etc) and Birdie in an inversion of his looking after the dolls, is stuffing his face, while helping others to stuff their face and talk out their problems. “Displaced by Shadaloo and been on the streets, eh kid? That’s rough mate! Eat up! Kanzuki’s got unlimited food funds, ya wanna be big an’ strong like me someday, eh? Then eat up!”

-Blanka shows that Falke isn’t all robotic, she loves cute things, d’aaaw.

-Cammy: Never seen Cammy so mad before, I really want to know the details of Falke’s upbringing. It felt like there were shades of it being harsher than ususal. Maybe she was totally isolated and only computer and the barest of staff interacted with her? She really seemed alone.

-Chun Li (Chun-Li_Forever already covered this, but it is nice to see the two sides of Chun here

-Dhalsim: Again using his powers to help out, similar to the way he helped Cammy around Alpha?

-Juri’s quote is interesting. No sadism, no kinky violence, no mocking sarcasm. Her compassionate and vengeance against Shadaloo side is emerging again.

-Menat all but confirming Bison’ll be back

-Urien isn’t above turning Bison’s old assets against him. Hmm…

@Midgardsorm: I dig that idea a bunch. Especially if G is heavily involved. I really think he’s got a big role to play.

4 Likes

Here’s my summary on Falke’s story:

It begins with Falke reflecting on her struggles to escape the grasp of a nightmarish figure. No matter how hard Falke tried to escape, the figure continued to draw closer to her. This figure was now shown to be a grotesque version of Phantom Bison.

After fending off Phantom Bison, we see that Falke is now older and more aware of her current situation. She’s slowly gained the power necessary to confront her nightmare, but believes her struggles were planned by Bison since the very beginning. All of her constant pleas for help have gone unanswered, convincing her that no one would ever help. As Falke stared into the shiny Shadaloo emblem glowing from her hand, she was left with nothing but the belief that her reality was the cold, dark room she was confined in. Forever.

Sometime later, Ed arrived to rescue her from that dark room. While Falke was confused at the young man’s sudden arrival, she could sense the similarity between them the moment she looked at him. That was the beginning of their new journey together.

After an unknown amount of time went by, Falke was now dressed in a new uniform, engaging Ed in a sparring match. Once the battle commences, Ed doesn’t believe his efforts were necessary to rescue Falke. Despite her great power, Falke believes her reality wouldn’t have changed if Ed had never rescued her. She also knows Ed wants to rescue more people, as Ed surmises that there are others like them out in the world. Not just that, but becoming stronger is another desire that Ed has. Falke, understanding Ed’s resolve, is now ready to grow stronger along with him.

2 Likes

I liked Falke’s story, it did its work. We have a few tinier details about what Neo-Shadaloo is about but a second story mode still feels desperately needed to address these plotlines.

It’s interesting how Chun-Li and Guile’s victory quotes foreshadow a possible conflict between good guys and Neo-Shadaloo over basically a misunderstanding. It also makes me think about the way Ed and Falke came to giving their organization its name:

Falke: “Hey Ed: shouldn’t we, like, give this organization a name or something?

Ed: “Yeah! It should be something that emphasize how much we hate Shadaloo and how we want to help the people harmed by them!

Falke: “Hmm… What could it be?

Ed: “I got it! Let’s call it Neo-Shadaloo.

Falke: “That’s awesome! It totally gives the idea that we have nothing to do and hate that organization to the death!

Ed: “I know, right? Let’s also dress like paramilitary and take on Shadaloo symbols, that will be intended as a form of subtle satire.

Falke: “That’s so ingenious! There’s no way this will cause all kinds of misunderstandings as people will take issues at Psycho Power users dressed like Shadaloo operatives running about. With such a cunning operation, what could possibly go wrong?

Ed: “We’re so fucking smart!

The conversation is interrupted by Ed tripping over his own feet, Falke attempts to rescue him but fails due to her inability to animate properly

Look, even the characters in-game think she’s stiff!

8 Likes

I will reply a bit in disorder to this, mostly because is (my post) a bunch of thoughts/considerations that will touch many of the points you said

My 2cents… well more like 20cents:

-As start i think is becoming kinda obvious Capcom is saving details to do a Chapter2 wich i guess will happen in June with G reveal, with Sagat being the only character-preview (think Urien in ASF)

-The TV set/show thing is going to be a G’s creature and is going to be big deal (so G will be big deal), as AE show it dictate the style of SFV second arc.
I can see it be a big tournament on TV (wich will be awesome) hosted by G as KoF/Antonov.
He will also probably use this popularity to win political power…
…Or better, he will run for elections and media/tournament will boost his run
Probably in SF logic him winning the tournament will traslate into him winning elections.
Is also possible he did something to Haggar (kidnapped?) to have him out of the figure.
Haggar can probably appear as NPC/Gief Alt as some rumor of months ago supported

-Cody will be Chapter2 Hero (even if there will be probably more story “paths”) the one that defeat G, winning the elections by uppercut

-Zeku will be his advisor / strategist in his suit Alt.
This “world was that close to be fucked up” experience will also push him to found the striders to bring down future other treats as G… likely just hinted

-Abigail will find in G his new “Belger” and become his #2/bodyguard. Also he will have the chance to fight Zeku to have his revenge on Bushinryu (will lose lol)

-Menat predict if nobody stops G, he will rise to become politically unstoppable (i guess POTUS, as higher treat than Metro City Mayor)
To some extent this will make him a new ASF Bison, in the sense that it’s “now or never” chance to stop him… even if will not be the usual type of power and he’s not as big as direct treat

-Ed/Falke are going to be opportunistic in theyr operations using the situation created by G without ally or go against him… theyr target is Ryu and G’s tournament is just a perfect chance.
We will also finally see some Neo Shadaloo stuff, like new members and theyr HQ.
I don’t think Ed’s possession by Bison will be in C2.
No hype/building up right now for that, plus he’s busy getting stronger.
The power inside him will trigger when he’s ready
I think will be C3 stuff, with full powers Ed being essentially the third SFV villain (C1 Bison, C2 G, C3 Ed).
I guess Falke in C3 will “betray” Ed to save Ed

-Ryu will not be the Hero of C2, but will definitely have some high spotlight in his fight with Sagat… they’re two of the strongest char after all, specially in current cast.
He may have some role as wild card/problem to solve as gone-out-control Evil Ryu… just as NPC version of basic Ryu with some Akuma shit hopefully (even if i main Ryu i don’t want the shitty evil version to take slots)

-Karin lucky will not be as much everywhere imho, just used as tool to show of Sakura likely and gave them a fight. Maybe to give Sakura the $$$ help to reach Ryu/save Ryu

-Sakura will be likely used to interact with/calm down Evil Ryu.
Blanka will be her dog

-Urien’s words on Chun likely mean just ASF… as she was part of that small group of 3 fighters that came out from the crumbling Shadaloo base.
Notice her ASF ending essentially already link to her SF3 line

-Ken will still be a douche and not get face-patch. Maybe in C3 he will get a bit of time if they bring Sean in

-They will make Akuma fuck up somebody

My overall guess on C3 (S4,S5)

• Ed will be the arc villain with Falke+good guys try to free by uppercut) him from Bison’s influence

• Menat will be there, see the shit hit the fan day is coming, will call her master Rose for the “exorcism” of Ed, but not before somebody punch Ed hard in the face to weaken him enough

• As unlikely it sound (due not great popularity) Abel may be involved… after all, he’s some sort of older brother of Ed, even if they don’t even know each other.
    He showed to be willing to put himself in danger to bring down Shadaloo, and he’s currently at good guys place (Karin’s mansion)

• the secondary line of story will be Illuminati introduction, with Gill, Necro and hopefully Tom
    The Gill-Tom fight will both show off Gill and trigger Alex motivation into SF3 story

2 Likes

This is terrible LOL

immagine

4 Likes

Anyone else see Falke’s arcade mode ending? It’s seems goofy to me. Not sure how she strung Ed up in the clothesline while she was doing laundry. shrugs

1 Like

You forgot only one thing:

• Zangief will participate in G’s tournament, beating up Ortega and finally winning his champion belt. Then, he will proceed to crush everyone stupid enough to cross his path, Akuma included (especially him). Lastly, he will retire and go to make babies with Mika. The end.

Well, we already saw she could be stronger than him; moreover, Ed was blatantly in the wrong, and he knew it. She was doing all the house chores, while he was doing nothing but play. The last straw was that psycho-powered paper plane who accidentally melted a bed sheet, lol. That’s classic Japanese comedy, the female who finally snaps and the male “pervert/joker” terrified of her punishment, unable to react even when he’s actually stronger. Anyone remembers Ranma 1/2? Akane wasn’t nearly as strong as him, but when she was angry he couldn’t do anything and was regularly sent flying via uppercut. Here we have Falke, who is actually stronger than Ed, so…

3 Likes

4 Likes

The quotes and story mode of falke was just like some of the season 2 characters… So I don’t think writing them wouldn’t exceed more than 3 months within production length.

1 Like