The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Thanks, I appreciate the compliment. I’m an amateur writer of sorts. Part of the reason I like this so much. It’s like a conference of creative people.

3 Likes

But the score is 2-1 Gouken. There is no way in hell Akuma is going to live the rest of his life with that looming over his head.

Akuma and Gouken will fight again, and if Akuma doesn’t kill Gouken, it is because either Akuma lost, or because Gouken pulled a Kenobi and disappeared into thin air (i.e. became one with nothingness itself).

Whatever they choose, she should have a one-handed hadouken to show her mastery of the art.

Nono, let’s be clear, i agree Akuma WILL kill Gouken
It’s kinda inevitable

Akuma NEED to kill Gouken, like he needed to kill Gen to push his soul deeper into SnH

Gouken not only had a better record on Akuma than Gen, he represent also a much stronger link with humanity.
Kill his own brother, who’s also a good man > kill a stranger, who’s a cold killer himself

After that only thing that can represent the ultimate last step into SnH, will be kill your own son (if we want take for a second as true that easy theory)
In SFV he’s still not ready for this, “wanting to let Ryu grow in ability/power to fight him in future” is true, but also only half of the story.
Dat proud dad grin before leave.

So i agree, but not as something that can just happen mid-run, it’s something that i can see happen very close to the end, likely in the same arc where he have his final fight with Ryu (with Gouken being the very last victim before face Ryu)

In opposite ways that fight will be the ultimate test for both

I also think Ryu will give Akuma the most harsh punishment: he will spare his life, because he have no revenge feelings.
And once Ryu prove to be the superior martial artist in theyr all-in fight, all Akuma will be left with are blood on his hands and a soul cursed by a life of sins.
All the shit he did will suddently lose a justification and truth will destroy him.
Killed his master, killed his brother, killed others, attempted to kill his own son… all for his false dream

He will become an absolute derelict, maybe even unable to even tap into SnH anymore, with SnH being 99,9% of what he is
No cool warrior death for him (Bison deserve cool death because he’s AWARE of what he’s doing), let him become the weakest man of the world, just an old decrepit has-been, doing hobo life sitting in the street dreaming he got a deat on the battlefield that has been denied and will never come
Dude deserve full Gollum*

And i’m not sure when (wich SF chapter) they will feel ready for that

*And not for all his sins, but because he’s a fucking sprite edit half-clone with trashfans, wasting every SF a precious slot for an extra shoto i never needed LOL
Poetic justice

3 Likes

^ This is delicious!

I think Akuma will/should kill Gouken close to the end of his story arc with Ryu. Like we can start off that chapter with Akuma killing Gouken, and have it build towards Ryu defeating Akuma in the end.

I imagine it would take place 5-15 years after SF3:3S. But knowing Capcom it will probably take place closer to the lower end of that estimate as to avoid pushing the timeline too forward.

2 Likes

I don’t think another death is meaningful to both Ryu and Akuma, That would also trigger another conflict with Ken in process, Not just Ryu. What Akuma need is to lose his obsession towards another human being and continues to best himself and improve his technique yet still believing in the ways of SNH which he chooses.

Gouken in hibernation would be an ideal choice. Him ended up dying later past SF3 in an old age is a foil to what Gen and Akuma is aiming for. The reward was to live a normal peaceful life as the better life compare to those like Gen and Akuma, that cannot see through it because of being blinded by being a better fighter if against another rather than a better Master for having a good students. So Gouken ended up being the better Master because of Ryu.

While Ryu end up learning new technique under Oro, While Ken would stay at bay for everything is normal. In that process all of them (especially Ryu and Gouki) lose their spotlight in future storyline arcs. So no more shoto drama anymore while keeping them at the best of themselves, while it gives more area for new characters like Neo Shadaloo, Alex or etc to shine and grow as they be the focus of the newer plot.

Did some shoop on Nec, mostly to remind more this

v

I like also the rasta metal rings being “golden” it link with shin parts and the ingame dark gray blend too much into Necalli black hair

Another thing i don’t like much is that Necalli ingame feel way smaller than his canon size
I know he got very wide (lower) stance and keep his upperbody hunchbacked, but still, characters that on paper are smaller than him feel close to him or even bigger

Using Ryu as comparision, Nec should have looked more way more imposing

On theory canon Nec is 6’3" (190 cm) 249 lbs (113 kg), more or less Alex size… even a bit heavier LOL
And yet he get absolutely dwarfed lol

Size edit + Color edited version

While at it very last version of Ed :smiley:

10 Likes

Look here at Necalli (haven’t seen it in years, such a good trailer btw!).

The trailer did his face best. Either remove his pupils, or give him yellow pupils on a black eye instead of a white one. I get why they did this, to contrast his “human” form with his powered up form, but really they ended up with a look that did not look as menacing. In the future, if Necalli were to return, I would like them to reconcile both looks so that he has one look that has the best of both current forms. Then make Original Necalli into his OP transformation instead.

I agree with the change of the dreadlock rings, they should’ve been gold to simplify his color palette.

7 Likes

I think the gold plates help to make his hair stand out and easier to understand while the silver plates make it blend in. Same for Ed.

Yes, unfortunately for you all I’m still alive, just haven’t had the time to post due to law exams.

Tbh i like Necalli in standard version to just look like a new “normal” SF ethnic/exotic fighter (wich imho is what SF should be as much as possible) to brawl with, with just yellow jaguar/snake like eyes hinting he’s something more

It also place him at similar (human fighter) level of Ryu to be his nemesis, a mysterious villain fighter that still have to reveal itself

The more in-your-face “monster” you go on standard look, the less a character it’s interessing to me

Will take any day normal well designed dutch kickboxer, indonesian pencak silat or something on that human martial artists vibe, rather than redeyes devilhair karatedemon AKuma

Gouken himself in his human design is infinitely more interessing to me than an Akuma, let alone than that kage trash

Bison with his powers works because he’s the original very “supernatural” fighter (and still white eyes aside, he looks “normal”), but the big bulk of the cast should just be about punchkicking motherfuckers with charisma

For that reason i liked Necalli “normal” design, dangerous in his savage fierceness, but still in appearance material for the good old world martial arts tournament SF and less the avengers shit

But i truly do agree on a thing about the trailer eyes, i find more expressive of his torrent of internal energy the trailer version with full luminous red eyes, maybe even for the mouth

But overall if we take just design (so no ridicolous bad story handling), most of Necalli’s fail was’nt suffering from SFV pinkskin syndrome or wrong size ingame.

Imho they failed at creating a memorable SF moveset for him.
I like they created a visual martial style for him, with all these “claw hand” strikes, explosivity and violence… but they really failed at SPECIALS, and SF characters literally live of theyr specials, specially the most iconic ones

It’s been likely done to keep him basic to better hype VT power up, but did’nt fully worked (not even adding 2 VT specials in AE), it still feel like a phase of the fight excalating and not integrant part of the character

Example not using his mud-form powers imho has been a giant mistake
Also his earthquakes were something worthy exploration

At the end of the day i think his standard design (even if not perfect) has been his best trait lol

1 Like

New Menat comic with Rose and Maggio

3 Likes

So that’s the guy on the background… that hair looks like a duck’s head from afar lol.

I wonder what happened to Sagat origins? It’s a definite sign Rose is coming.

1 Like

And maggio if they already have a design for him

1 Like

No thanks to Maggio. Piss poor design. I think his CFN mentioned he wasn’t a fighter as well?

1 Like

He isn’t.
That doesn’t mean he couldn’t do anything, anyway. After all, he is studying under Rose…
(lol at my predictions they were going to do Guile’s wife at the time, however. A year and a half passed and they have yet to do her, and CFN is in a prolonged hiatus after Falke…)

7 Likes

I think he’ll definitely appear in Rose’s story mode

I miss CFN profiles so much… really wanted to see Slammasters characters after the Final Fight 3 ones. Besides new artwork, it would be nice to know where they are now and what the CWA is up to these days.

7 Likes

Agreed, the Japanese Yoko profile name dropped Black Widow. She was Haggar’s tag team in 3rd Strike too, so she should still be active. I’d love to see her again. Her design and moves were cool.

3 Likes

Black Widow is probably the most deserving of the Slammasters to make it into SF. I would absolutely love seeing her on SF6!

2nd Impact actually, when Hugo is paired with Elena.

1 Like