The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

As for Gouken’s Daughter she doesn’t required to be a shoto

but she can be play like Gouken minus the Shoto attacks like Tatsu, Hado and Shoryu. Something that they did with Kage that remove his Ryu like gameplay.

We usually imagined her something more like Hokuto, Kasumi and etc that directly inherit Gouken SF4 move set without the shoto impression, that includes the donkey kick, that her special is more into counter attacks, deflecting attack and juggles.

2 Likes

Same, that’s why I’m never enthusiastic about it . I don’t wanna be a DingoDowner (hah) to anyone that likes the idea of her, I just fear she may be unsuccessfully pulled off and result in a “better if we didn’t try” scenario.

If things were different and she was done earlier, I’d be all for it, but to me SF4 was the last time that it could be done without feeling like a sudden pull. I just really think her appearing out of nowhere with no real in game references to her will feel like “Oh yes, let us all remember this new character that’s always been there!” trope.

1 Like

She isn’t required to be a shoto, but you know that Capcom would be heavily biased towards making her a shoto. Just one that is different in some fashion.

I wonder if Capcom would make her a charge shoto. While Capcom has had plenty of charge characters over the years, that is a direction that they’ve largely avoided.

Though one might could argue that Capcom has shifted away from charge characters in general. I may be wrong, but isn’t Guile the only pure charge character in SFV? Not only is he the only character that uses a charge input for his CA, he is the only charge character that does not have a single regular motion special? Chun Li and Urien have a qcf, FANG and Boxer have a dp, Blanka has a hcb, Dictator has both qcb and hcb, Claw isn’t a charge character anymore… It feels like Capcom has lost interest in the idea of a traditional “charge character”, other than Guile.

Thing is, Sakura and Makoto are girly and “fun”.

Gouken’s Daughter would be stoic, noble, silent type, and as old as Chun at least. She would take her cues from someone like Hokuto than any other female in current canon.

Her fighting style would revolve around Mu, but techniques that Gouken developed later in life not during his time as Ryu’s master. She would be nothing like a shoto in this sense, far detached from Goutetsu’s original teachings.

I think the concept still has a place in SF6 and beyond.

4 Likes

Thoughts about Karma, Sin and SGS:

American Zen author Brad Warner states that in Buddhism there is no concept of sin at all.[2][3] The Buddha Dharma Education Association also expressly states “The idea of sin or original sin has no place in Buddhism.”[4] Zen student and author Barbara O’Brien has said that “Buddhism has no concept of sin.”[5][6]

This probably have been discuss by others before and I also remember adding and talking about divination concept.

The concept of sin doesn’t exist in those belief that Karma exist.

That the idea of Karma isn’t related into sin, because the concept of sin was never present on Karma. Karma is more about to represent a worldly destructive force like consequences from being weak and vulnerable, also punishment for mistakes, negligence and ignorance.

Karma also exist in new age concepts, paganism and etc that access astrology and others that are about divination.

Akuma: " The Raging Demon… Its power is unequaled… It is not my fists, but your past sins that will kill you… The more evil your past doings, the more painful your death… "
- Alpha 3 Quote

Akuma was probable saying to Bison:

That his technique is the strongest, and It’s not him that destroy Bison, but because of Bison’s KARMA (consequence) for being inferior that makes him unable to withstand his technique, that lead Bison to suffer a more painful death.

If you would look closely to Akuma’s quotes and remarks in different games majority of it talks about weakness and him being strongest, not about them being naughty or nice, good or bad or evil, moral and etc.

I felt nothing… but weakness!"
The path to mastery is lined with the corpses of the weak!
I am the Master of the Fist. Feel how weak you are with your body!
There is only one true winner. The weak definitely loses

…and much more

1 Like

If you look into Capcom recent book about creating character which is mostly about SFV characters, their goal is mostly to make everything unique. It is also revealed that they dislike more projectile game which is a essential part of being a shoto.

Another example that can lead Gouken’s Daughter to be not a shoto is how they designed Kage and the thing that it would bring Gouken’s gameplay into the game.

There goal as much as possible is to bring unique gameplay style to game.

As for charge? I don’t think those can be referred as a shoto?

Gouken’s daughter…

If she should somehow present herself in Street Fighter V, I wonder if her fighting style will be counter-based. At the same time, she would probably end up using specific techniques from the Ansatsuken line.

Like a partial inspiration from Geese Howard, Momiji from Ninja Gaiden (who practices Aiki-Jujutsu as a unarmed fighitng style), or… hell! The other characters mentioned above like Hokuto! Hokuto (Shirase) from FEXL practice a variation of such fighting styles!

Seeing this in action in SFV, along with some counter-based techniques would be a nice sight to see!

(And, the reason why I have a Noob Saibot AV is because of a bet I made with someone).

3 Likes

I was thinking of the brief few KOF games where Robert Garcia was turned into a charge character, along with SFV changing Vega from a charge character.

You could create a character with the appearance of a traditional shoto moveset, but have the inputs be charges. It would give you the appearance of a shoto character, but with a different playstyle. It would fit the uniqueness aspect, and would mirror characters like Dan and Kage which keep the inputs while distorting the moves themselves.

As for the general idea of uniqueness in SFV, that restriction was relaxed with each season.

3 Likes

I think the introduction of Gouken’s Daughter will follow an episode similar to SFV Gen x Akuma, whereby Akuma will fight Gouken in Post-3S, but will actually kill him to raise the stakes of the final battle with Ryu. This is the most opportune time to introduce this character. Especially if she is going to be the secret love child of Gouki and Sayaka but raised by Gouken.

Charge shoto with a playstyle that is supremely defensive and built on counter-based high damage attacks, evasion, and negation of opponents’ offense. Such a playstyle wouldn’t necessarily work very well in SF5, more reason why I imagine this character for Post-3S SF6 or beyond.

She’s probably the only “apprentice” type character that I want.

2 Likes

Great write up. This thread sometimes moves too fast and I miss gems like this. <3

I think what Capcom wanted in Necalli was to give Ryua fight to reflect on his choices by offering a character from a different culture but plagued by the same murderous driving force.

If Ryu’s battle with Kage spiritually helped him come to terms at last with the SNH within, then Ryu’s fight with Necalli physically would seal the deal.

Necalli in essence is a reflection of what Ryu could’ve become. Necalli is probably in a very advanced stage of SNH; he would be like Oni (not necessarily in terms of power levels, just deterioration).

6 Likes

I’m not a fan of Gouken dying, but I’m okay for a new character without the shoto elements of him.

As for Akuma.

The problem with Akuma before was him engaging to Gen’s death wish which was a poor choice to make him appealing again, it loss his sense of pride or what makes him better than those generic edgy and anti hero character.

But things change and made him better character when he can simply destroy Kage and Necali.

Because it simply prove his irreplaceable even being a ordinary mortal and cannot be destroyed by those that deemed to be unstoppable by others or those that is seen by other to be terrifying and otherworldly.

Capcom really did redeem themselves with Akuma by using both Necali and Kage.

Him going against Gouken makes him kinda less again. He just need to see Gouken as non-sense same with Ryu.

Looking back to Kage.

It’s undeniable to everyone that Kage helped both Ryu and Akuma matured and ready to become their SF3 counterparts.

As of now Akuma and Ryu is already okay and should stay were they are after Kage interaction, they don’t need more any change and update anymore in the later of SFV.

Many has high expectation with Necali, but it was actually Kage that made the job done.

I will like Gouken to keep stay also after SF3

Oro may be the superior martial Master, but i think Gouken will be keep be Ryu’s morals Master

Gouken is an Obi Wan that survived, and Oro is waaaaay more ambiguous guide than Yoda

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate the compliment. I’m an amateur writer of sorts. Part of the reason I like this so much. It’s like a conference of creative people.

3 Likes

But the score is 2-1 Gouken. There is no way in hell Akuma is going to live the rest of his life with that looming over his head.

Akuma and Gouken will fight again, and if Akuma doesn’t kill Gouken, it is because either Akuma lost, or because Gouken pulled a Kenobi and disappeared into thin air (i.e. became one with nothingness itself).

Whatever they choose, she should have a one-handed hadouken to show her mastery of the art.

Nono, let’s be clear, i agree Akuma WILL kill Gouken
It’s kinda inevitable

Akuma NEED to kill Gouken, like he needed to kill Gen to push his soul deeper into SnH

Gouken not only had a better record on Akuma than Gen, he represent also a much stronger link with humanity.
Kill his own brother, who’s also a good man > kill a stranger, who’s a cold killer himself

After that only thing that can represent the ultimate last step into SnH, will be kill your own son (if we want take for a second as true that easy theory)
In SFV he’s still not ready for this, “wanting to let Ryu grow in ability/power to fight him in future” is true, but also only half of the story.
Dat proud dad grin before leave.

So i agree, but not as something that can just happen mid-run, it’s something that i can see happen very close to the end, likely in the same arc where he have his final fight with Ryu (with Gouken being the very last victim before face Ryu)

In opposite ways that fight will be the ultimate test for both

I also think Ryu will give Akuma the most harsh punishment: he will spare his life, because he have no revenge feelings.
And once Ryu prove to be the superior martial artist in theyr all-in fight, all Akuma will be left with are blood on his hands and a soul cursed by a life of sins.
All the shit he did will suddently lose a justification and truth will destroy him.
Killed his master, killed his brother, killed others, attempted to kill his own son… all for his false dream

He will become an absolute derelict, maybe even unable to even tap into SnH anymore, with SnH being 99,9% of what he is
No cool warrior death for him (Bison deserve cool death because he’s AWARE of what he’s doing), let him become the weakest man of the world, just an old decrepit has-been, doing hobo life sitting in the street dreaming he got a deat on the battlefield that has been denied and will never come
Dude deserve full Gollum*

And i’m not sure when (wich SF chapter) they will feel ready for that

*And not for all his sins, but because he’s a fucking sprite edit half-clone with trashfans, wasting every SF a precious slot for an extra shoto i never needed LOL
Poetic justice

3 Likes

^ This is delicious!

I think Akuma will/should kill Gouken close to the end of his story arc with Ryu. Like we can start off that chapter with Akuma killing Gouken, and have it build towards Ryu defeating Akuma in the end.

I imagine it would take place 5-15 years after SF3:3S. But knowing Capcom it will probably take place closer to the lower end of that estimate as to avoid pushing the timeline too forward.

2 Likes

I don’t think another death is meaningful to both Ryu and Akuma, That would also trigger another conflict with Ken in process, Not just Ryu. What Akuma need is to lose his obsession towards another human being and continues to best himself and improve his technique yet still believing in the ways of SNH which he chooses.

Gouken in hibernation would be an ideal choice. Him ended up dying later past SF3 in an old age is a foil to what Gen and Akuma is aiming for. The reward was to live a normal peaceful life as the better life compare to those like Gen and Akuma, that cannot see through it because of being blinded by being a better fighter if against another rather than a better Master for having a good students. So Gouken ended up being the better Master because of Ryu.

While Ryu end up learning new technique under Oro, While Ken would stay at bay for everything is normal. In that process all of them (especially Ryu and Gouki) lose their spotlight in future storyline arcs. So no more shoto drama anymore while keeping them at the best of themselves, while it gives more area for new characters like Neo Shadaloo, Alex or etc to shine and grow as they be the focus of the newer plot.

Did some shoop on Nec, mostly to remind more this

v

I like also the rasta metal rings being “golden” it link with shin parts and the ingame dark gray blend too much into Necalli black hair

Another thing i don’t like much is that Necalli ingame feel way smaller than his canon size
I know he got very wide (lower) stance and keep his upperbody hunchbacked, but still, characters that on paper are smaller than him feel close to him or even bigger

Using Ryu as comparision, Nec should have looked more way more imposing

On theory canon Nec is 6’3" (190 cm) 249 lbs (113 kg), more or less Alex size… even a bit heavier LOL
And yet he get absolutely dwarfed lol

Size edit + Color edited version

While at it very last version of Ed :smiley:

10 Likes

Look here at Necalli (haven’t seen it in years, such a good trailer btw!).

The trailer did his face best. Either remove his pupils, or give him yellow pupils on a black eye instead of a white one. I get why they did this, to contrast his “human” form with his powered up form, but really they ended up with a look that did not look as menacing. In the future, if Necalli were to return, I would like them to reconcile both looks so that he has one look that has the best of both current forms. Then make Original Necalli into his OP transformation instead.

I agree with the change of the dreadlock rings, they should’ve been gold to simplify his color palette.

7 Likes