The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

I’m another who developed a greater appreciation for Shadow Falls after plaything through it again. There were a lot of moments that I felt were missed opportunities, but all in all, I enjoyed it. I also really liked MKX’s story, which made me into a Cassie Cage fan.

Funny enough, I only did a little of Injustice 1’s story. I haven’t even started the Injustice 2 story yet.

7 Likes

Agree, Same thoughts as they first appeared in Season 2. New organization should also always be part of another organization that is long establish rather than another secret secret organization. I hate the idea of writing that there is another bigger super uber secret organization that is disconnected from anyone. It destroys the relevance and appeal of the previous of having wider perspective and connection if multiple exist in the same universe in fiction.

Yeah the Neo Shadaloo thing is weird at the beginning it’s like they are continuing a legacy that they hate, it’s pointless for them to continue the name since Shadaloo isn’t something of a legendary organization that represent good in the past that is tainted and corrupted. Agree it would be logical if they want to be as evil than Bison too.

That’s the same thoughts I have the first time they surface, I thought it was just another of those invented fan theory, I even think it was by Daemos lol but no it is really neo shadaloo,

That would be reasonable enough, to justify the name. I really like the case. Since people should not forget despite their physical looks they are child and teenager in mind and maturity not experience adult in decision making.

Yeah Bison caring with those non-sense would make him look kinda meh, That’s what make Bison better didn’t care of others shit unlike Akuma recently and also Gill that cares of making patterns relevant.

1 Like

We cannot still assume that he isn’t a bad guy regardless of his age and experience, experience can shape a person thoughts to either consider his suffering as.

1.) the nature of evil as reality
2.) evil is necessary
3.) evil and good does not exist therefore it’s just about power
4.) evil and good does not exist therefore it’s just about needs and wants/survival
5.) I should stop evil because i have experience it. (becomes a Good guy)

Another idea we should still doubt if Neo-Shadaloo is about anti hero or either good is because of how he and falke is represented in the AE TRAILER

Ed has a bit Jin Kazama vibe to his relationship with people across him, he got a Xiayu and Asuka. Capcom like to take some bit of inspiration from Tekken from either lore or archetype.

If you are aware of Tekken’s lore, I actually find the lore behind the Mishama not really about good and evil but about power, control and dominance regardless of their past suffering. That includes Heihachi that wants to harness the Devil Gene.

They probably now thinking like that,(child like) that this is just a game or something because they are still not adult in mindset they probably be optimistic after there freedom from Bison and also having their own set of powers.

The most probable cause of their optimistic thoughts regarding their suffering is after those suffering they became powerful that are far better than the other Shadaloo Minions that already exist long before they arrive. So they became also AMBITIOUS like Seth in process because they didn’t suffer like the Doll’s and Cammy which are more tragic.

We people translate suffering in different ways, Juri also translate her suffering and loss in a different way.

As for the uniform that could have been what they can think to provide themselves sense of belongingness and unity for a leader and a members that is immature for a sense(include a gorilla). They probably grow differently as time pass by or stay that way because they grow together that way.

It’s literally the scene where they tell you that its a burst of countless Hadoken to the body. The line afterward describes the attack as.
bandicam%202019-01-11%2016-53-20-542

「殺意の波動」に殺されてもなお闘うことを止めぬ幾万の魂… それらを相手とすべく瞬獄殺は生まれたのだろう 魂と闘うことで瞬獄殺はみがき抜かれ!! みがき抜かれた瞬獄殺はまた新たな魂を呼ぶ!!

(Black box white text which I presume is Oro or Akuma but since Oro was basically the fight narrator for the most part of the book, but it might be Akuma as well)

“Countless souls that continue to fight even after they are killed by the SnH… The SGS was devised to oppose them as the SGS is made improved by the souls it removes!! The SGS improves by summoning a new soul to extract!!”

I’m not sure what the Eng Udon translated it into as I no longer have access to those. Though you clearly see an emphasis on talking about souls and the supernatural when you look at the 1 frame of artwork as well.

Another good point! It also states that the continuous fighting amongst the warring clans at the time had awakened a sort of “Demon” inside of the combatants that were forced to fight. Those who were claimed by the demon in all aspects of mentally, physically, and murderously were doomed to the SnH. Even innocent by standards who just happened to be in the way were affected by the SNH. That’s why they were all trapped as ghost claimed by the energy of SnH reliving the past once they were awakened by the SnH produced by the fight around them.

9 Likes

Reading your points about trapping people in a different plane and fighting makes me remember this episode in SF2V anime

http://rq87.flyingomelette.com/RQ/C/SFV/12/12.html

Summary

Then thought of this guy again…

Summary

SNH has turned into some kind of a doppelganger or a shapeshifter spirit that that uses hallucination to blind it’s target with rage, confusion and anger to submit to it and becomes it’s host. those concept wasn’t available back in the day and I like it now.

We can still assume that Sagat is never a host because he didn’t show any of the same energies and projection that existed to those that have been tapping to it’s power and energy like the previous host E.Ryu, Akuma and other various representation from games and also include non-canon games like crossover. I’m so glad there is no Edge lord or whatsoever Evil Sagat.

1 Like

Ed’s design is super close to working the idea that picture you just posted means to convey. If you remove the gold lines across his torso and pants, so that his jacket is plain teal, remove the shoulder thingy that is simply a bad choice of design and make his white highlights like the belt and the lines on the gloves gold (but a solid gold, not the murky one at present) everything flows much better. You keep the assymetry in his collar and hat to give it the fresh modern look opposed to Bison’s more traditional one and you’re good to go. He has a 99% perfect design and in artwork looks terrific, but that 1% holds it back a little from being truly memorable. The design does a great job of conveying who Ed is as a character and balances well his personality and role in the story, but it does feel more like an anime design than one made for a video game.

Falke improves on Ed’s costume in many areas. She doesn’t feel as cluttered and overdesigned as him, in a way feeling much closer to the ideas meant to be portayed by him. It also suits her, since she is meant to be less flashy and the straight man between the two, but the fact it’s so derivative of him just loses it many points. If her story costume and main costume were reversed it would be perfect. Her outfit is great but is great like that Bisonified alternate Cammy got in 4. I think Falke’s story costume gets a bit of a bad rep, mainly cause in-game it feels a bit cheaply made, but as a design it fits her much more than the military outfit and helps her stand out alot more. She could use a new stance too, if she ever makes a return.

Regarding the SGS, I love Bak’s research on the topic. I never liked the idea that behind the black screen the soul gets literally sent to hell and always viewed it as multiple strikes. It’s pretty straight forward I’d say. But I also don’t mind it not just being a physical attack. Love it actually. Ki in itself is a spiritual concept, so it makes sense that Ki drawn from evil sources like the SnH would also taint the user’s and opponent’s soul. Since the series functions on the existence of that energy in the first place, especially in the bombastic way it does, it’s only fair that more concepts taken from Oriental teachings also do exist in the series. It’s basically a given in a martial arts story. And since the SGS is the ultimate attack of the ‘dark side’ of martial arts, it’s only natural that its use should be something that not only destroys the body, but the very fiber, the very foundation of the reciever as a living being aka his soul.
It also gives weight to any battle where a SnH user is involved, since it’s not just a battle to the death, as death can be viewed as simply a door to another existence, but a battle for the very being of that person. Just imagine the Akuma vs Goutetsu fight and how much more mystical and mysterious and fundemental in themes must it have been than anything we’ve seen if you take this into account. Only Bison’s own training with HIS master might come close to delving so much into such affairs. Both off-screen and only mentioned in passing…

I’d kill if the series left behind a ton of the army, military and… industrial, for lack of a better word, stories it tries to force in and just stuck to the martial arts basics. It’s not like you can’t have characters from those kind of backgrounds that are also sticking to the core themes. Bison balances them perfectly, but instead of choppers flying everywhere and Sci-Fi devices running in the sky, I’d much rather take the rural or desolate settings of the SF2 movies than military bases everywhere.

6 Likes

Just found out mangakakalot has ryu final english scanned! Sweeeeet!

I actually own the japanese books but glad to finally be able to read the english

5 Likes

What if the SnH does somehow awaken the souls of dead warriors consumed by violence? Remember the BLECE project that was conducted in South America during ATTB? A project which was basically trying to synthesize SnH into a weapon to be completed. What if instead of the BS story about the 1000 year prophet we got with Necalli if we actually got a tie in to the previous game to story to explain his origin and ties to SnH? What if he had been a long dead Mayan or Aztec warrior who was awakened by the BLECE project during SF4 in South America? Due to the synthetic means of being awakened by the pseudo SnH generated by BLECE he was given that sort of discombobulated mud form we always see him transition to between his main and suped-up forms.

6 Likes

Sorry dudes just found out its not the 2 volumes but 2 “chapters” whatever that means. Basically only the first few pages.

I agree on white parts being an added element that feel a not needed addition
I don’t like much how they handled the red either, specially on the neck area

I also agree on the shoulder mini-cape not working, that’s both a problem of his southpaw boxing stance (specially playing as 1p side) but also about not being made too well… but i disagree on completely remove it
Falke does the same much better indeed, i took her

(click twice to see correct size)

Not sure if remove the red completely, or move it to internal parts, so added both

Done other little things, like slighty change the main blue and the hat visor, that i never liked azure
Shortened a bit har on the eye too

1 Like

Much better color balance on the first. All around great. I think the red sticks out a bit too much in the second, tho. I like the color choices, a nice royal combination, but it’s a higher contrast than the black and kinda throws the whole thing off.

1 Like

Yeah, i like the first too, also because as general rule i tend to don’t like the 3 primary colors in the same color scheme… it make lose a bit an unique/characteristic direction

Same reason example ignore Bengus concept and give SFV Alex blue gloves was a mistake (not that i care, i got SF3 look as the default)
Bengus know his shit, the unknown other guy don’t

1 Like

Without the red, there just isn’t enough “color”.

Ed’s main outfit color blends with the black of his gloves and boots. And this 80% of Ed.

Ed shows very little flesh, pretty much just his elbows and half of his face. While half of Ed’s face is covered by his hair, half of his hair is covered by his hat, so you still get relatively little blonde color there. The pinstriping is thin, so that even if combined it might be the equivalent area of a belt, it looks “less” here.

The gaudy gold shoulder pad covering, aside from looking ugly, gave Ed more “color” by increasing the yellow/gold presence. The edit replaces that with just more of the regular outfit color and some more pinstriping. The edit also changes Ed’s white belt to some gunmetal grey, which mostly just causes it to blend with the overall outfit coloring as well. Ed is now 90% outfit color and black.

While the white, yellow/gold, blue/green?, black color set wasn’t a great color set, editing all the white into gold introduces a new issue. The problem is again the pinstriping. With it all over the outfit (including the edited shoulder), it makes the outfit look simultaneously busy and bland.

Hey, I have both volumes of Ryu Final (in English) I’ve will try and look for those specific pages and type in what Udon translated the SGS stuff into as soon as I arrive home (on mobile atm).

5 Likes

See if this fits the description of SnH and the SGS in the story

In Masahiko Nakahira 's manga “STREET FIGHTER ZERO” it is said to be “the only power that mankind gained in order to counter a person who appears to disturb the world”, and “the person who disturbs the world” line is imported as Guy 's speech in " ZERO 3 " story . “Those who disturb the world” are people who leave great impact on the world regardless of right or wrong, Jesus Christ and Adolf Hitler in the past, and Bison in modern times fall into this category, the two corresponding deaths mentioned above (Jesus and Hitler) are implied to be involved with the wave of murderous intent. In another work by Nakahira, “RYU FINAL”, during the death scene of Gouken to Akuma, it is stated that “Our school, which originally taught self-defense technique derived from the wave of murderous intent was used during time of war, and as a result, it unknowingly became an assassination technique.” Oro who witnessed the wave of murderous intention refers to it as “the ability to destroy all in this world”, “an infinite struggle to murder everything, even destroying those who have already been destroyed.” Those who were killed gather around the person who manipulates the wave of murderous intent, even if the soul has died without their knowledge of being dead, they will continue to fight against other souls until rest.

7 Likes

This sounds right up Necalli’s alley and his prophecy.

4 Likes

Actually Capcom can still make the soul thing relative to SGS without complication to rapid strike attacks that it would compromised with multiple interpretation from canon and non-canon sources establish.

I would prefer it doesn’t canonize it in the future games. Even though the spiritual/astral realm in the SF universe has been cemented more than ever before now.

1 Like

Bison: “… Necalli’s only prophecy is to get stomped by the might of my heel. Bah. Such a weak martial artist. Look at him. A mere beast. A miserable pile of flesh waiting to be wiped off the face of this world.”

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!%40

3 Likes