The Strong Island Post

i relitivly new to this game but i live close to exit 47 off the L.I.E so i could get to one of your crack sessions in the future if your holding one

Mondo cool

I like to hear that Bisonopolis. Those tournaments are the best ones I’ve been to. As far as Guard Crush, if I don’t have work, I’ll be there. Anyone that is close to me or on the way, I’ll pick up if they want to go. I wish I could make the Anime Castle tourney, but I have work.

@F1del CashFl0w, We are starting sessions over at kairu’s house. That is the only location for the time being. There is also PnT in Bayshore, if you want to drive out here.

@vani, I miss those Stony Brook sessions man. Someone who attends the school should try and get the sessions running again. Stony Brook has a lot of players and we should take advantage of that.

Is the Bay Shore session still going this weekend?

I’m not sure if it’ll happen because of summer jam. Eli might not do it because Joe won’t be there and he does sessions whenever he wants. What we need is a location where we have constant sessions.

http://shoryuken.com/f19/nyc-game-over-sundays-g-o-s-246970/
This post was made two days ago and the venue is free. My friend told me it’s four blocks away from Penn Station. If you don’t have a car, you can take the LIRR to Penn and walk there.

Hey guys, I just posted a thread (http://shoryuken.com/f19/any-players-long-island-looking-spot-play-casually-possible-tournaments-247073/#post9340871) prior to seeing this post. I have the same interests. I want to help better the supposed ‘shitty’ community of Long Island. I’m not looking for the best players, we just need players!

I’m down to visit any location east of exit 40. I live on exit 60 in Ronkonkoma. I’m willing to pick people up and visit a location. I’m willing to hold events at my house. Anything to help get the scene up and going. My house is right around the block from the Ronkonkoma train station (LIRR).

My gamertag is Mo0Ns. (second o is a zero) Please, if the OP can contact me by PM or XBL, do so. If anybody else can do so. If we build it, they will come. Lets get it done.

That is what I like to hear. Someone else who is willing to pick people up and have sessions at their house. I live off of exit 58 in CI, so I can make to your house easily. I can bring people from my area to your house for some casuals.

What times can you have people over your house for sessions? Post up the times and see if people can make it to your house.

Well right now i’m jobless. Most of my time is spent hunting for jobs and driving everywhere for my parents. I’m free alot, that’s why i decided to finally take the time out and see if i can get something going. I’m taking down your name haitian_sensation. I’m gathering some names and i’m gonna make a thread asking for more names. Depending on how many people are willing to come I’ll go through with setting up my basement for sessions.

Then depending on how many people are willing to come for certain days (we don’t need too many), that’s when I’ll hold the session.

Arcade opening in smith haven mall??? Maybe they will have some good games.

I was there yesterday. I didn’t see anything, did they start building it yet?

Don’t know anything girl friend told me about it, but hopefully the owner knows about fighting games so we can see some modern stuff

Do whatever you need to get this thing started. The community needs to get together and make something happen. I’ll keep in contact with the people that don’t use SRK and keep them informed of what’s happening. Now that my basement is about 80% clean, I can start hosting sessions at house really soon.

@bglaugher, Are you sure their opening an arcade in SmithHaven Mall? I doubt they would put any fighting games in there because no one that shops there looks like they play competitive, unless it’s CoD.

Yeah, i wouldn’t bet a lot on them putting fighting games in. Just like every other recent small arcade, it’ll be Guitar Hero Arcade, a few racing games, and ticket games. The only “arcade” i know of that has fighting game(s) is the Dave and Buster’s in Islandia. They have Street Fighter II (Not Super Turbo) on a MAME arcade machine, and the controls are somewhat janky.

D&B has tekken 6 i think.

I’m off of work until next Saturday besides today so anyone that wants to set something up, let me know.

I’m gonna set something up at the end of next week. my plan was to actually hold one today or in a few days, but a family member has passed away. Look for my post sometime around Wednesday.

Anyone that is looking to go to Guard Crush this Wednesday, let me know ASAP so I can get a head count. Also, any contribution to gas will be helpful. Remember to leave your address here or pm me if you feel more comfortable that way.

Leveling-up Long Island

I’ve been looking into ways to get the LI community organized for a while now. I come from an arcade background, and I think the best players are developed with face-to-face competition. I peaked in Second Impact, then my local arcade closed (RIP Nassau Mall), and I have sucked ever since. I don’t know about you, but I’m tired of being terrible at fighting games! We need the camaraderie (and the rivalry) that a tight-knit scene has. We need to work together to level up Long Island. Articles like this inspire me. Do we have what it takes to support a regular meeting place, a fight club of sorts? Is there enough interest? Where is the ideal location? Or… is everyone simply content playing online?

It sounds like most of the SRKers posting on LI threads are from Suffolk County. Is anyone from Nassau? Are the Suffolk players willing to travel to Nassau? I live in Rockville Centre, and there are a ton of bars with private rooms available. I’d love to do a test run at one such public location to see what kind of turnout we could expect. The location would be close to the LIRR, so it’d be convenient to travel to from out east or from NYC. If plenty of players show up, then we’d look into renting a space and establishing a more permanent home for the LI community.

What games would people want to play? SSF4? BB? Tekken? Older games like 3S or MvC2? Would people be willing to bring setups (consoles, lag-free TVs, games)?

Please post here if you want to make this happen! I’m open to suggestions and willing to invest in our community if the interest is there. Let’s do this, Long Island!!!

well im probably the furthest one east. But if you guys set something up in nassau id have no problems traveling to sessions. I could bring a 360 and tv no prob, i’m down to play and learn any FG really but the only ones that I am decent at are SSF4 and 3S.

As long as there’s a venue not too far out of the way, I’ll make my best effort to get to it.

I’m from Centerport, BTW.