The SRK Lounge v. 6.0: Random nonsense and tomfoolery

Pretty much this. I think this is another reason why that Avengers game flopped, is because the Disney management that was involved with those projects was the one involved with Avengers and so a lot of “you can’t do this” " we want it to like this " etc.

Where something like Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 was done by the newer mangaement?

Disney is Def telling game makers what to do. Hence why mvci had no mutants. (pre fox deal) They wanted it to be more in line with the movies which is stupid. Fighting game community doesn’t roll like that. We don’t care about it being in line with the movies. But this has been Disney’s m. O for a while comics and TV have to be in line with the movies.

2 Likes

Disney seems to love gettin in their own way these days. Just let the developers to their own devices. I understand protecting one’s IP but they’re going to far when they know fuck all about what gamers really want

Their shit gonna keep flopping it they don’t stand down. MvC Infinite and Avengers could’ve easily been good without their meddling. I’m suprised MUA3 somehow managed to come out fine

2 Likes

I’ve heard mixed things about avengers. It at least looks hype to me. It’s $26 now on gamestop so I may just say fuck it and buy it

1 Like

I’m guessing MUA3 was under newer management when the deal was penned, Avengers and Marvel Infinite were of the old guard that wanted everything MCU? Spider-Man PS4 came out fine as well. Seeing Spider-Man 2099 was crazy for me,.

1 Like

Its a massive grind, especially the end game.

You gonna do the season 2 stuff?

No, I didn’t buy it. I didn’t think it looked very good and then the reviews and player impressions dropped.

I’ll probably never buy it. Deus Ex died for this horse shit.

1 Like

The demo/beta was enough of the avengers game for me. It looked pretty but it would have gotten boring fast for me.

Why did deus ex die? I just started playing Mankind Divided. Its pretty dope so far. I like to go through these stealth like but, man, do I suck at that shit. I die over and over. Its fun doe.

I started playing Jedi Fallen Order yesterday. I checked it out before but decided to play it later. Its fun and its pretty. Guess the PC port of the game is kinda shitty so I used this thingy to change some settings to make the game look better and run better. Fuckin’ game lets you turn off motion blur in the menu but its not actually off. :rage:

Do you think they should have made them look like the movie versions?

I don’t really care actually. They look like discount versions of super heroes but not because they don’t look like the movie actors but because the models look cheap.

Maybe this will answer that question. I’m annoyed Insomniac has changed Parkers head model in PS5 Spiderman and Miles Spiderman. They made him look closer to Tom Holland I guess which is whatever to me, it’s far more jarring that the original Parkers voice is coming out of this new head. It’s like they recast the actor but dubbed the old actor over all the new guys lines. It’s fucking weird. I thought Parker looked perfectly fine on PS4 and no other Parker really looked like him that I can think of.

I’m more concerned with stuff looking like it fits then it looking like the “source material” in this case the movies if that makes sense.

I’m much more concerned about that games gameplay loop then the graphics tho to be perfectly honest.

SE canceled the sequel to Mankind Divided (after they fucked it by forcing Eidos Montreal to split Mankind Divided in half and save the rest of its story for a sequel they then canceled, their stupid as fuck “Augment your Preorder bullshit” that pissed everyone off and forced the Breech Mode into the game taking developer time from the campaign) and redirected all of Eidos Montreals staff to Avengers.

Now that Avengers has done doodoo for sales it looks like SE is trying to sell Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal.

1 Like

That’s why I bought it, it was so cheap and I figure the campaign is probably worth it for that

I just talked to a guy at gamestop. I was just about to say fuck out and buy it but he told me that you have to play with people to do certain things. Like if you play hulk with the ai you can’t do certain things like hacking computers. I’m such a dumb shit with games I don’t wanna feel like I’m holding people back

1 Like

I’m usually a fast learner so I’ll give it a try, worst case I’ll sell that shit or give it to my nephew if I end up hating it. I wonder if ppl are still playing it online

Get the fuck out.
This is nothing like Evo moment #37.

Parry system in Street Fighter III is something else, every possible hit from a combo has it’s own parry.
And Daigo parried a Super Combo and then turned around the ropes.

1 Like

Just how much of fighting games did you actually play?

1 Like

Go to bed. It wasn’t even close to the same as daigo parry.

2 Likes

Just give me cvs2 with good netplay. I mean i do well on my comp but i need to slice random non brazis with haoh maru

This man really compared Daigo parrying a super guaranteed to kill and punishing with a combo strong enough to kill to that Blanka player having a brain fart at the worst possible time. Man if he doesn’t gtfo :joy:

2 Likes

Just go delete your account if you going to be this ignorant of fighting games man.
You got no concept on how the meta of fighting games actually work.
Comparing a weak ass match to Moment #37.