The Spider's Lair - Juri

I’ve always preferred her hair down look, so I agree.

She has something in her current skill set to fit every V thing so that would be kind of boring if all of it got copied over. Her V Skill should give her access to different types of fireballs, like a 2-hit one, an arcing one like Sim’s, one that drains V Meter, etc. That would make it more interesting. CA should be a counter that goes into a FSE-induced DBZ style beatdown. VT can be something else, because just simply making it FSE would be kind of boring. Maybe something like Makoto from BB’s attack where she can project multiple images of herself and depending on the button the actual Juri is a specific image. I don’t know. Her IV self fits so well into all the V categories that honestly it would be a letdown if that’s the way they go.

I can see that side of it definitely

With any luck, she’ll have some sort of snazzy athletic shoes on this time around, since femininity and daintiness is lost on Dimps’s modeling abilities/Capcom’s prevailing design choices (barring Decapre’s barefoot alt, curiously enough). Too bad Laura wasn’t so fortunate.

It makes me wish Karin’s hand wasn’t in view at the character select screen, since it looks like it belongs on a lumberjack. And Nash’s are on a whole 'nother level. Gief should be thankful he was even given fingernails.

I’m not a fan of futa but if Juri had a dong, that title would be wordplay gold. That really shoulda been the title for Poison’s thread in one of the other forums.

They really need to adjust the roughness on these. Gief’s nails are the same glossiness as his skin it is weird.

I think Juri can roughly keep her SF4 fireballs if they don’t go full screen. The big thing with implementing her is fitting her mix ups and mobility into SFV. Her counter already has the utility of Nash’s VT, so it may need to be toned down. There’s a few key aspects to her design that must remain:
-Kicking projectiles to destroy them (may become its own move, separate from the fireball)
-Negative edge projectile (Could use the Omega style where she has alternate releases)
-Dive kick

Actually, I could see either the first hit of her fireball or a Focus Attack being her V-Skill.

Simplest way to keep her counter from overshadowing Nash’ V-Trigger is to simply keep it from going through her opponent.

Yuck that is the only reason to use it lol. It can’t be used aggressively, requires your opponent to attack and not throw, and cannot me used as a reversal all ways Nash’s out classes it.

Juri’s counter is amazing…well in SFxT it is. In 4…no. Nash’s requires a full VT to use. Juri’s can use it anytime she wants, the downside is it’s vulnerable to throws. Which is fine no big deal. We can work with that. But having the ability to dodge basically anything in the game and reposition yourself. Then all you have to do is do some frame counting and you’re basically solid.

I always thought the weak point in kasatushi was her recovery. If recovery time was less or it could be cancelled I always dreamed we could do this

:sad:

Well recovery is recovery. You can take advantage of that n any high recovery moves. Thing is kasatushi’s recovery frames aren’t SUPER long. Roughly 17 frames max. Which at close range is fairly easy to punish. But anything outside that and it becomes very difficult. It also has a weakness of being baited (as in it activates but then countered by whatever but if you pay attention you can counter their bait).

Like I said in the Juri section, based on how this game flows and plays right now, I want Juri to be based on her SFxTK rendition, not the one from 4.

I also feel like her varied Fuhajin follow ups from her Omega form will make a hopefully refined appearance in this game.

Ping! Right there see!!! PING PING PING!!!

What was the main differences between her XTekken in IV version?

jump cancelling for cr.HP

j.HP doesn’t hard knockdown
j.HP causes ground bounce

MK Senpusha lets you juggle opponents

Crazy potential for combo, juggle, and cancelling into Super

More detailed in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RzQjONAMjs

Main differences

-Cr.Hp being able to get some crazy combos
-scary dmg in the corner (was able to do 510 meterless in the corner before the nerfs)
-counter being 1000000000000000000x better then in 4
-safer dive kicks and air tight pressure off tag cancel dive kicks

• Senpsuha combos for solo or partner combos
  • top 5 characters to be able to synergise with the whole cast (you can pair her with anyone and get good results)
  • one of the best AA’s in the game and most dmging
  • good dash
  • cr.mk is one of the better low profile moves in the game. Able to sail under many moves.
  • mix-up game was good
  • fastest jump in the game, also the highest when using the super jump function
  • fireball storing and her fireballs in general are far better
  • overhead (sekku) is 10x better then it’s 4 counterpart
  • CADC (charge attack dash canceling) helps keep nimble
  • super that can combo from nearly everything at almost any given point in time, also lots of I-frames on it. Travels 3/4 of the screen.

That’s just the tip of the iceberg though

Cons
-No FADC combos (obviously)
-Low dmg midscreen with no meter (best you can get with no jump-ins or CH’s is 322 with one fireball stored)
-Poor boost combo’s
-Dive kick first hit is not safe even at toe lvl but hard to punish properly
-Ex counter have limited uses if any use.
-Ex dive kick has limited use but can be very dmging depending on meter and partner.
-Doesn’t have super long normals
-walk speed is just around average
-footsie game is just above average

Edit: J.Rh and J.fierce can cross up on crouching opponents. J.Fierce can also cross-up on standing opponents but it’s not a “true” cross-up. If you know what I mean.

That sounds exceedingly dank, but honestly does not sound like it fits well with the SF5 design goals we’ve seen so far.

I assume she will mostly have 2-3 stage combos ending in pinwheel outside FSE.

Depends on what you’re looking for.

Dmg ender
follow-up ender
distance ender

I’m just placing all my hopes in the kasatushi basket. It’s such a cool move conceptually (a counter-teleport) and I love that kind of defence. So long as it’s good I don’t mind what fucked up shit the rest of her moves are :open_mouth:

Well if capcom gives her the kasatushi from SFxT then I’ve already got tactics laid out. It was a major part of my gameplan back in SFxT.