The Sinister (right-stick left-button/ Mexican) Thread index

People told me to be brief. and brief I’ll be.

this is a catch-all index that catalogs all talk about an issue that is invisible to most people but obvious to the few who are aware of it.

the issue that will be catalog is left handedness/ right stick and similar issues.

This is just the index itself pointing to separate individual issues.

if you wish to point out a new sub-issue involved set up an internal link in this forum.

My previously published opinions are on my website, sinistersticks.com

1 Like

…shouldn’t this be in tech talk?

3 Likes

Or just not at all

3 Likes

There are other issues besides tech.

People complained when I went into the history of the left stick default.

Some things, like how to build your own ambi stick will be in tech talk, because it fits there generally.

The higher whiffing percentage on specials on older SFs and the right stick advantage to reduce the whiff percentage would be discussed under a Gameplay segment.

Etc.

That’s why this is an index.

Here are the first two entries in the index.

Can my Sinister Stick claim be more scientifically tested?
By the way, that article was the old me. I kept every thing in, but I clearly marked the weeds so you go into them only if you choose to do so, and not accidentally.

Have special move joystick execution forgivess increased over time?

No, it has nothing to do with tech talk.
Tech talk is about technology, not techniques.

Yeah no one cares.

The reason I was discussing things in tech talk was because I was trying to figure out how to build ( or in my case, tell Stan how to build) the unique features of my joystick.

Features which, I admit, have been done before individually, but rarely together.

Plus I thought about these ideas before coming to srk. And it’s a good thing because other people thought about it too and blazed parts of the trail.

Also I knew design everything in advance instead of haphazardly to save money on Stan’s labor. it cost more to undo something and redo it a different way than it does to spend time and think about the way you actually do want to do it, and do it right the first time.

Here’s my post joining in on the April 1, 2020 Mod Post

Here’s me questioninh whether it’s Today’s Birthday or Unbirthday Glossary.

Wtf? You know the mod post is an April fool’s joke right?

3 Likes

That’s why I asked, “did I post in the Birthday or Unbirthday post?”

I couldn’t find a place to respond to this “policy”.

I used some self deprecating humor on my post, calling myself either a Seth (named after famous goofyhanded champ) or a T Hawk.(machines with left vs right are called “Mexican” machines)

You could literally just respond in the topic that was already made for it.

1 Like

I pressed x to respond to something else. and I couldn’t get back to it.

I assume an April Fool’s post would not be labeled as such until April 2, so I couldn’t search for it by April Fool’s.

And I decided to erect a wall between the sinister talk and elsewhere. That’s what this index is for, grouping all sinister talk in one place.

So we don’t have to repeat ourselves.

What talk? You’re the only one saying anything about it because it’s your website. I don’t think anyone here cares. Certainly not enough to have its own thread in GD.

3 Likes

It seems like I picked at a scab that was thought to be healed.

When you’re happy to buy something, you buy it and shut up It’s only when there is a huge problem when people complain

I literally only picked up “pity joysticks” when on sale, because left stick is better than pad. My counselor said that my Sinister Sticks story is significant enough because of 100% alignment and the quality of opponent we all beat.

I wasn’t talking about the website. I was talking about my April fool’s identity according to the mod.

The website was only to identify me and for others to understand my position.

Except no one cares to be honest, you never bother to actually engage in anyone’s interests at all.
If you want to go and “help” people maybe you could, I don’t know stop putting yourself and your ego first.

You only want to say how others are “DOING IT WRONG” instead of saying “Hey ever had issues with a stick and wish the layout is reversed?” Putting others before yourself goes along way sometimes.

1 Like
I never said anyone 'was doing it wrong'.

JAMMA flipped it around to increase their quarter flow. I couldn’t play instinctively. All my specials were as well diguised as a zit on a teen’s nose. It’s just that I got too much generic muscle memory for right-stick, that left-stick always felt awkward.

I would not preach this unless both I and 4 other people improved to perfection against a future famous gamer.

The degree of improvement, the degree of difficulty of the opponent, and the fact that 4 out of 4 people who never considered the Sinister Stick had the above had the results show this is significant enough for a bigger test, sort of like 100% of Wuhan + Ibuprofen died, and 100% of Wuhan + Tylenol or ToughItOut recovered.

it shows how important how important a Sinister Stick is to me if I’m willing to be a meat shield to the Polo Society’s attacks. I had literally no where else to go

Necessity is the mother of invention.

Who but me know about the middle finger pumping Sega Stick problem, the brain flip problem of Tutankhan and Side Arms, the practical market solution being an Ambidextrous Stick that just adds either one extra joystick or one other button, vs separate left and right models and mirrored buttons, and compensating for years of Polo Attitude Discrimination by dealing with Retro stuff? I thought of all these factors but have no idea how to build a joystick. I relied on strangers turned friends on SRK to double-check everything.

And yes, friends can tease friends. It was worth it. You are the test to see whether what I want is genuine or just a passing fancy.

By the way, I never intend to insult you guys. I don’t insult friends.