The secret to beating Magneto

I can get the doubt about Magneto, but Sentinel I’m not quite getting. Doom vs. Sentinel is not terrible, unless you’re all about throwing photons. Have you ever tried just jump roundhousing? It’s safer than it looks.

So will you actually admit that Dooms normals don’t help him against magneto and that he has to rely on APA or assists to land hits and win matches?
I can get that being scared of magneto gives mag players the mental edge but saying hit him with anything is being flippant.

BTW - Doom does OK against sent (nightmare is an overstatement), but like I posted earlier - most Doom teams nowdays are based on having Doom as an assist, not teams based around Doom.
IIRC you use Doom with BH and Commando, thats a good team to play against sentinels.

I always thought zen was a pile of shit.
I replied to dasriks post literally - in that he said lose the fear and hit him.
I get the first part but Doom’s normals don’t help him against Magneto.
I didn’t say that you should give up or that Doom isn’t a good character - read exactly what I posted and QUOTE AND REPLY SPECIFICALLY TO IT.

Most Doom teams have Doom third, not Doom with say storm or sent and an AAA
Most magneto teams have psylocke (half to two thirds) , or TRon or sent Proj A.
So Doom can 't really risk using pokes or his launcher, and magnetos lk tri jumps help Magneto get in his face. So Doom’s ground normals are snuffed to a degree.
Doom can still zone quite well but APA is where he is going to land most of his damage.
There… tell me specifically what you agree and disagree with.

What exactly is is a style productive to hitting mags? - good zoning i can get, helpful assists I can get, baiting to land APA I can get - I just literally don’t think Dooms normals help against good magnetos.

^I don’t think me mentioned that got to use all of your nomal moves.

Anytime you’re above Magneto in the air, you have an advantage, or basically anytime you’re both at SJ level. It’s not as big as the one Magneto generally has on the ground, but beating a good Doom without getting hit with APA/random mixup or getting your assist DHCd, does require the Mag player to know what they’re doing.

This does, of course vary depending on the teams used.

Relying on APA against Magneto is a fast way to die unless you have a good DHC, which of course means you’re banking on getting Doom out. In any case, it’s not true that Doom doesn’t have good normals.

In just about any situation you can think of when fighting Magneto, you can dash up to them and hit standing fierce, and they’ll run right into it. It doesn’t do any damage. It could kill you if it whiffs. But the point is to make them THINK. Once they’re playing at your pace, you can start doing things.

In just about any situation you can think of when fighting Magneto, you can dash up to them and do a hopping roundhouse, and they’ll fail to block it. It doesn’t set up a good situation. It could kill you if they do block it. But the point is to make them THINK. Once they’re playing at your pace, you can start doing things.

You want to play counter to common sense in this case. Magneto’s rushdown is, for the most part, so good because nobody dares to challenge it. But if you attempt to do so, then it ceases to become about whether or not you’re blocking correctly, and becomes about who can guess better.

It’s never a good situation to be in in any game, but in MvC2 you’re forced to be the best guesser to win the game.

So you prove my my point about Doom not having good normals to HIT Magneto
by talking about HP and hopping HK - moves you say could get you killed ( so basically high risk little return (excluding Hp Roman candle frame cancel) and this is somehow gonna make magneto THINK what exactly? I don’t think hitting magneto with those two normals is gonna help you control (slow?)the pace of the match, nor is it gonna intimidate a good player- what I’m talking about is Doom LANDING HITS (i’m not arguing about zoning).

Nothing you have said has changed my mind about hitting magneto - you either have a good anti air to get him out of your face and stop/hinder tri jumps or you zone well with an assist like drones and force magneto to dash so you have APA oppportunities.

How are you gonna challenge his rushdown otherwise?

I don’t understand anything you say here - is it a zen riddle?
How exactly are you challenging his rushdown? and what is magneto forced to geuss?

Why don’t you ask Viscant these questions? He’ll probably give you the exact same answers.

The fact that you even feel the need to ask the questions already show me that my (crappy) strategies would work on you. Doubt kills the mind.

Why don’t you answer simple direct questions?
I’m not gonna bother viscant - he’s retired isn’t he?

Yeah I do feel the need to challenge what your posting. I think your posting counter to common sense.

BTW I agree your strats are crappy.

You don’t get it, do you? If you think I’m going to tell you how to beat me, you came to the wrong chump.

It’s like he wants it spoon fed or something, he’s kinda runing in circles, and it seems he doesn’t WANT to understand.

You can’t force people to think I guess.

Ok guys you win :wink:
Go to sleep tonight with a smile on your face.

this makes u a true mvc2 dumbass. because you DO have to fast fly doom’s lk to inf. oh and lemme guess. ur gonna parry all of mag’s rushdown huh? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: and please, PLEASE link me to where i fucked up the IM infinite :’[ :rolleyes:

you don’t have to fast fly the LK in Dooms infinite you dolt. I’ll find the link to that ironman shit.

In my experience, Doom’s infinite is easier to complete if you fast fly the short. But it’s not necessary. I’ve done it with and without.

All right, I can’t let this one go.

I take Dasrik’s word not as gospel, but as something worth thinking quite strongly about. When he posts something, I’m certain he’s tested it thoroughly and has at least a very strong idea that what he says will work. It’s rare to find that these days, and something I applaud. Simply put, Dasrik is a better poster than most people, and so I pay more attention to what he says.

Well then - see if you can play counter to common sense and challenge magnetos rushdown ( whatever that means Dasrik… please explain) and see what s Hp and jumping roundhouse gets you. Once again… tell me what I posted that you disagree with.

My point is simple - magneto is Dooms worst match up of the big four (less bad if you have good assists) - Dooms normals don’t help him land hits - dasrik thinks otherwise.
Whats wrong with challenging what people post?

btw Dasrik thanks for your edit (where you called me a fag)

Challenging Magneto’s rushdown means knowing that he can’t be everywhere at once.

Doom’s worst matchup of the “so-called” god tier is not Magneto, it’s Sentinel.

ok i will tell u this from experience b/c i am a doom player i will tell u if mag has an anti air or sent has a ground control assist then its over for doom unless some miracle happens. Sorry to tell u all doom is a goood assist but thats all in my opinion when i come to the big 4. If someone has a different opion then let me know

[quote=Dasrik]
I can get the doubt about Magneto, but Sentinel I’m not quite getting. Doom vs. Sentinel is not terrible, unless you’re all about throwing photons. Have you ever tried just jump roundhousing? It’s safer than it looks.[\QUOTE]

it IS safer than it looks, it has weird properties and can be canceled out of at anytime, after it’s blocked you can airdash and call assist, think, McFly, THINK.