The Power of Gaia! The Storm Combo Thread!

Ok I will, but check what I just posted as a response to your querry in the Storm general thread, I may have already given you what you need. but I will check the vid now, Im mean sh*t im at work its not like I have anything else to do… seriously, I dont :slight_smile:

EDIT:
yeah hes def doing alot of j:m:j:m:j:h: and j:m:j:m:j:s:.

im telling you j:m: is da bomb

IOH :s:s.:m:c.:h:jc.:m:j:m:j:s:
land s.:m:c.:h:jc.:h:add c.:h:jc.:h:add c.:h::s:j.:m::h::s: xx Hail Storm - 580,800

IOH :s:s.:m:c:h:jc.:m:j:m:j:s:
land s.:m:c.:h:jc.:h:add c.:h:jc.:h:add c.:h::s:j.:m::h::s: xx Elemental Rage - 561,400

Replace Air Dash Down with Air Dash Down Forward for midscreen.

^nice, have you tried substituting the j:m:j:m:j:s: with a :df:LA it may allow you more hitstun for an extra rep of cr:h: j:h:, IDK.
Though if you do a :df:LA you may have to do cr:m: instead of :m:. But I do like the loop.

Damn it, sorry guys, no update tonight. I have to go out for dinner, and after that is all homework. Sorry. I promise I’ll update it tomorrow!

When ever you catch an enemy in the air with an assist (drones, chun kicks, etc) ALWAYS do j:h::s: xx adf :h: or simply :h: xx adf :h: land st:m: etc…I can’t stress enough how many storm players never follow up after drones or anything in the air. Remember j:h: and cr:h: have the most hit stun.

its cool man just update it once a week, so as not to burn yourself up, plus there cant be that much happening right

[media=youtube]ZRvfljjnVvw&feature=related[/media]
^did you get this combo?
I think its:
:m:cr:h: jc:uf::h:j:m:j:h: land cr:h: jc:uf::h: adf: j:h: land :m:cr:h: jc:uf::h: adf j:h: land :m:cr:h: jc:uf::h: adf j:h: xx LA xx Electric Storm.
And I bet you could get a launch, j:s:, land OTG Hyper if you skip the last adf j:h: and just addf, land :m::s: ^ j:s: land OTG hyper

Good call!

IOH :s:s.:m:c.:h:jc.:df: Lightning Attack
land s.:m:c.:h:jc.:h:add c.:h:jc.:h:add c.:h:jc.:h:add c.:h::s:sjc.:h::s: xx Elemental Rage

601,800 Damage - Cost 1 Meter - Builds 1 Meter

620,800 Damage - Hail Storm ender.

Pretty good way to go into a DHC Trick

For midscreen - Lightning Attack land s.:m:c.:h:jc:uf:.:h:adf You might end up behind them.

I must say this thread is pretty beast… I don’t know why I didn’t pop up sooner, but I guees I’ll start now. I haven’t been using Storm as much as I did back in MvC2 and XVSF, but I think that’s going to change real soon… Enough babble, I’ll just post something I was working on last night. I’ll record it when I get home… Here it goes:

Storm/Wesker

Instant Air xx j.M, xx land xx s.M xx Instant Air j.L, j.H xx land xx cr.L, cr.M, cr.H, jc. uf. j.M, j.M, j.H xx land xx juf.M, j.M, j.S xx land xx (Option 1)/(Option2)

Option 1: “DHC Trick w/ Wesker” - s.M xx c.H, M Whirlwind xx Elemental Rage (If you notice the foe should be high enough for you to land c.M before they hit the ground) xx DHC into Rhino’s charge xx c.M, s.H (two hits) xx Ghost Butterfly > L Teleport, c.M, s.H (two hits), launch, j.M, j.M, j.H xx Phantom Dance/ Team Aerial Combo Down for extra meter bar (Storm should come back in), j.M, j.H xx adf xx j.H xx Lightning attack UF , Lightning attack U xx Lightning Storm…

That combo is for flashy players. Unfortunately, it can only be broken if the Team Aerial Combo is Countered.

Sorry for the lack of proper smileys L, M, H not being used. I’m posting this at work via EVO-Shift… I’ll be back with Option 2, as well as a recording of the combos…

Nannie and unreal, thanks for the great answers to my question a few days ago! Even though they conflict a little LOL I think PR Rog IS doing what Nannie is saying, MMH/MMS, but I like Unreal’s idea as well, and will mess w/ both. Here’s a new question:

OK, late to the game I know, but I just tried the DHC glitch for the 1st time tonight. I just never played a team that used it is all. I’m going Storm to Taskmaster (also tried Magneto, but like Storm more), and am I missing something here (literally)? I can not hit the guy while theyre falling? I cant even seem to do a move until they’ve landed. Even if I mash on normals right after the DHC, I wont get anything until they’ve fallen. Sorry for a such a noob question, but it’s frustrating the shit out of me and I don’t see anything that addresses it in tutorials. Thanks!

had a question for anyone that plays Storm and Sentinel… I play MSS and i know a combo mag-sent (dhc glitch) that pretty much kills of your opponent on full health with only 2 bars…

I wanted to se if I can pull of a combo with storm to dhc glitch->sentinel to se if you can do same thing there with only using 2 bars… anyone know? feels like its possible if you can do a good damage combo with storm, then her glitch-hyper actually do damage which magnetos doesnt…

btw, whats storms best combos for most damage…the one I do seems to suck, which is cr.LMH nj MMH land st.H cr.H sj j.H adf j.H land MHS sj MHS hyper-gaia

both of you guys need to go to the op. I have storm/tasky And storm/sent dhc glitch combos there. taskys is much harder

@Akita zero.
that combo and team are awesome I started trying out wesker storm task last night. i think I wanna put some work in with these guys

I saw it and know the sequence. What I’m asking is why after 50 tries I’ve never been able to get a normal out before they’ve fallen to the ground. I’m definitely waiting till right after she says “wind” for what it’s worth.

Ok whats important when doing the DHC glitch from Storm to Task is:
You need to catch your opp in the air with E.Rage.
Pop them up with cr:h: jc:uf::m:j:m:j:h: land :m::h: xx E.Rage DHC Aegis Sheild.
Now im guessing youve got that part down.

Be sure to DHC before the last hit of E.Rage, I go for 10-12 hits. Im guessing you’ve got that down.

Now all you have to do is time your cr:l: to catch your opp before they hit the ground, then its good night nurse.

Its possible to land a st:m: but cr:l: is just easier for me.

There is another possiblity as well.
You can do a OTG E.Rage DHC Aegis Counter, Call Assist + j:uf::qcf::h:(at peak of jump), land :b::h: :s: ^ etc.

This method is alot more difficult and assist specific, but its also really cool!
BOth versions of this combo I learned from watching Humbags combo videos on youtube.

Ahhh, I didn?t realize they have to be in the air! That might be good to note in the OP. I figured it was any ol? combo that ended with ERage, so I was doing my own combo and OTG-ing. Seemed to work, except I obv couldn?t juggle w/ Task. I?ll have to try this when I get home from work. Thanks! Damn, maybe I should just use Sent instead of Task, all you have to do for his is combo, OTG ER xx HSF lol Nah, probably won?t switch :slight_smile:

I actually updated the combo with Option 1… I managed to record it, despite my girl in the background knocking pots around… Lol

[media=youtube]KJZSlocu1wQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/media]

@Nannie
Definitely mess around with Wesker, he’s MvC3’s Strider. He’s fast and his teleports are deadly with Sentinel drones. Not to mention Storm’s Gamma Assist (Lightning attack) opens up a number of options for mixups and resets. I’ll record it when I get the chance…

Ah. Done. Updated page 2. I’ll finish page 1 and whatever new posts (along with Akita’s vid/option 1 combo) next time I update, which will probably be this weekend.

If you don’t use the :l::m::h::s: notation, please notate it with lowercase l, m, h, and s, it makes it much easier to turn into the smiley notation!

geez the storm tech is strong here.

Good BnB´s © of BubblanAB7

Midscreen/corner:
c.:l:, s.:m:, c.:h:, j. df.LA, s.:m:, c.:h:, j(u).:h: addf, c.:h:, j.:h: add, c.:h:, j.:h: addf, c.:h:, :s:, sj.:h:, :s:, elemental rage DHC glitch (507k before DHC)

c.:l:, s.:m:, c.:h:, j. f.LA df.LA, s.:m:, c.:h:, j(u).:h: addf, c.:h:, j.:h: add, c.:h:, :s:, sj.:m:, :h:, :s:, elemental rage DHC glitch (521k before DHC)

c.:l:, s.:m:, c.:h:, j. f.LA f.LA df.LA, s.:m:, c.:h:, j(u).:h: addf, c.:h:, j.:h: add, c.:h:, :s:, sj.:h:, :s:, elemental rage DHC glitch (543k before DHC, hard outside the corner.)

Anyone know if an OTG ERage can DHC glitch to Ammy Slow down super(forget its name)? Or do they need to be airborn when ERage hits like as with taskmaster?