The Power of Chi! Official Iron Fist thread!

He’s obviously going to be very similar to Polimar of TvC:

Spoiler

[media=youtube]fnql4NyKluo[/media]

The question now is how his chi charging thing works. I think Iron Fist will be a sleeper, his damage looks ridiculous and it wouldn’t be obvious how to use him until we have more information of his movelist.

I’m hope one of the chi properties is to heal him

He flows like water indeed. His theme kicks all kinds of ass, and he may have my favourite win quote thus far.

Those chi auras better have some awesome benefits for that player to sacrifice the wallbounces and OTGs. I would hate for Iron Fist to end up like Hakan. Also, not feeling the voice.

Has anyone seen this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDWmoIEDhnE

His power is unmatched in this game. Honestly, he looks like the heaviest hitter in the game now!

I don’t think my heart can take it anymore. Please Capcom, purple outfit and I’ll die so happy.

I’m in tears

plays how i expected. hand to hand with chi powerups.
incredibly fast dashes, lvl1 w/ invincibility, set of moves with dangerous properties (crumples, hard knockdowns, wallbounces, otgs), impressive damage, overhead(?). looks straight foward.
also, looks like some of his moves automatically power him up (glows red) in addition to his command powerups.(?)

ANALYZE FISTS

A one inch punch for his level 3 and Bruce Lee screams?

NGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Okay, let’s see. Gameplay

He has what appears to be an overhead, OTGs, links into specials. Command normal? :35
Some sort of low kick?
Of course, analyze fists.
Cobra-Strike esque special :35
DRAGON KICK :18
Two up-kicks that also seem cancelable into specials. Shown canceling into Dragon Kick at :18
Crumple move :30
Wallbounce move Hereat :28
Invincible rushing punching super. Wallbounce :45 Here does almost HALF of Dante’s health!
Spirit of the Dragon, super Mighty Tornado. 1:49 Seems to do less damage.
POWAH OF CHI Not a grab, definitely a hit. Seems to hit all around him, and probably does massive damage. 2:12

Look at the video above. Look at how much damage is done from :41 to :45.
Four hits. ON CHRIS.

These specials that seem to be cancelable gives him a Polimar look to him. Also, LOOK AT THE DAMAAAGE.

What’s wrong with his voice for the supers? He sounds like a robot.
I honestly don’t care if he has Haggar problems getting in. He’s my favorite Marvel character, followed by Moon Knight and Luke Cage.

I think all this hype is giving me abdominal pain.
I will do my best to figure out his moveset from videos, as I can’t go to major events.

Yooo Danny Rand! SO HYPE

dunno what seth is doing get on them demos man

Looks like he’ll have no problem getting self relaunches with his Doom-like OTG and Dragon Kick just might be the most badass looking special in the game… AND it wallbounces. Iron Fist FTW!

If this thread doesn’t get updated once we know his moveset, I’ll have to make another one.

Polymer! Which is fine with me since he owned on tvc. I hope you can use the different chi power ups for something and there just not damage, special power or health boost.

HOLY CRAP.
Best death quote ever.
I HAVE SHAME

i was hoping hed have options to heal himself or his teammates but it doesnt look like its going to happen :confused:

So hype.

It’s looking like my team will be Iron Fist/Ryu/?

Not sure who the last one would be… Probably someone with a beam assists to help them get in? Doom maybe? Iron Man?

If Iron Fist makes a good anchor, I’ll try MODOK/Joe/DANNNYYY RAAAANNNNNNDDD

If not, I’ll do something like Iron Fist/Deadpool/Sentinel.

Anyone know if Dragon Kick hits overhead? That would be so boss.

Iron Fist is the illegitimate child of Jam and Fei-Long. I am f*cking hype for this character, with the right assist, he’s gonna be trouble. Wonder how much life he will have? Knowing capcom it will be less than or equal to 900K?
Ironfist/Hawkeye/Akuma might be my team.