The only ken thread you will EVER need

I wouldn’t rely on that shoryureppa trick all they have to do is wait a little bit and then launch you.

The command roll isn’t really all that safe but it’s kinda good if they push block you because when they do you can do a roll and gain some distance and get in a little easier.

You can use it to cross up sometimes but here are some other neat tricks:

when you knock out someone and a another person is coming in dash under them and then put in the command roll command if you keep getting hadoukens you may have to input the command backwards so it will work so try it in training mode first.

What will happen is that you will cross up your opponent twice and you can mix up between crossing them up once or twice along with a assist makes it a little tricky to block.

Also a good cross up with ken and a assist is:

C. lk, c. mk hp command roll or lp command roll (one will cross up the other won’t) and sent a

yeah, thats a good trick. sometimes when they are coming in and are near the corner, i call storm proj assist and do a fierce roll, and if they try to do an attack when they are coming in they get hit by storm’s assist from behind, then ken can do a air combo or shoryureppa

just something i wrote down in the sent forum alot of this you prolly know or i have already said but there are a few things i want to bring up which is rogue’s assist and the fact that on a landed up+hk you can dash in and do a hurricane kick combo.

Ken/Storm/Tron

Rolling and double rolling with tron plus hurricane kick cross ups are just filthy, one combo equals nearly dead character
plus he has little need for supers unless you need him out so he’s a decent meter builder.

If you have Tron on your team AND you get lucky and land his sentinel infinite you can reset sent easily with the roll or a hurricane kick and tron, once he’s in this infinite don’t let him out alive!!! He has to be Ken’s worst match!

Come to think of it all of the big four rape him easily :frowning: even magz unles your blocking really well.

I’d just like to follow-up on a few stuff.

a) Tick-throwing with Ken into Sent drones? Anyone tried?

b) What the hell is Ken’s infinite on Sentinel?

c) How do you get out of a situation where opponent blocks a d.lk, d.hp chain?

And on regards to fighting Magneto, its impt to keep your pressure ON Magneto, not the other way around. IMHO I try to move in on Magneto with lk hurricane kicks and controlling space with Sent drones. And think about it, the less you block, the lesser chance you screw up blocking a tri-angle jump.

And worse to worse if your opponent’s Magneto or Storm comes in tri-jumping over your head, qcf + 2ks would solve your problem. The plus point, you get your guy with a chance of DHC into hail AND it deters a second try without the opponent thinking.

:clown: :clown: yea i dont get y ken isnt used thst much he is one of my favorite characters

i think that ken is the best for the best. :encore:

God damn. Those “resets” off the 4-kick air HK are too fucking good.

My two cents (with Team Shoto):

Ken/Ryu-proj - (j.u+hk) c.lk+Ryu xx HP roll c.lk c.hp ^ …
Ryu/Akuma-exp - (j.hk) c.lk+Akuma c.mk xx LK Tatsu (wait for Akuma’s hits to end) TK SH, ~50%

u no, mvc2 is all about combos, this ain’t sf3 where combos, karas, and links come on by. u need combos in this game have u ever seen ken connect a hadouken with a jinrai?? NO

in this game even mega-man has better combos, sakura tops mega-man too, akuma is pretty good but i’d rather stick with one big air-fire ball instead of something like 32 super-duper-weak ones
i think they mada shotos real weak in this game too so at least i’m at u guys side too

ken + tron = the shit

s.hp+tron, roll, s.hp, s.hp, fireball xx QCF+2p

or you can launch instead of the 3rd hp for the glitched hurricane kicks

hey off topic or whatever but after doin about 50 to 60 hits with the Kenfinite what’s the timin in doin his shinryuken afterwards sometimes I hit sometimes its blocked any suggestions

You can juggle with a deep s.lp, s.lp, shinryuken

Um…You **can **ground magic series HadoxxShippu…just need to take hits out of magic series if they arent on the wall so they dont get pushed back. On the wall if I remember correctly you get FS OTG or an unrollable OTG for free after Shoryu Reppa. This can be further linked into shin shoryu, or an air combo with the Tatsumaki ender with mixup options afterwards.

Ken has good combos. Hell, Ken has sent only infinites and normal sized char infinites that can both be ended with a super. Seriously, Ken has really good combo potential in this game.

Also, whiff cancels are important with a lot of characters. This is pretty much the same as a using a kara move in most cases.

And also, megaman doesn’t really revolve around combos. Im pretty sure the most damaging solo megaman combo is gonna be around the same damage as the most damaging solo Ken combo, even if you start megaman’s combo with j.FP, which is rocket punch damage.

Man Ken’s corner infinite is all the way real, I say go for it whenever u get the chance once perfected its too easy then end with super hella damage & like Rogueish said u can infinite on almost all charaters. Mash that “Kenfinite” shit!!!

VDO vs Shawn, seeing who has the better Ken

[media=youtube]q7CIg9LhDR8[/media]

Also you can do a j.lp, j.lp, j.hp, j.hurricane kick (doesnt matter which one) cancel into his shoryureppa (only let the first wave hit) and DHC. Of course all DHC wont work but some useful ones are proton cannon, hailstorm, colossus headbutt (thats for VDO). You cant cancel into hsf but if you delay the timing a tad you can cross up with it and all three sets of drones will hit.

More ken notes…
You can also connect a shinryuken to ken’s MIDSCREEN infinite (j.lp, j.lp j. up+lk).

If the character is a big sprite doing j.lp, j.lk, j. up+lk is easier and you can also use this variation if you sense that the character is getting to low to make the next rep of his j.lp, j.lp j. up+lk version combo however the timing on the next rep is a little tricky so i normally will try to s.lp, s.lp shinryuken.

When you land either of ken’s standing infinites (j.lp, j.lp, j.lk, j.hp or j.lp, j.lp, j.hp, hurricane kick) on sentinel you should attempt to combo him until you reach the corner and finish with s.lp, s.hpxxqcb+kk super instead of shoryureppa. It can be mashed for more damage.

ken, I have a question in question there is a specific time to do more damage with the grip of kicking or a combination of buttons please help

If you want quick easy damage but havent got the corner infinite perfected yet you can do j.lp, j.lp, j.hp xx into hk hurricane kick, launcher (before the opponent hits the ground) sj.lp, hk hurricane kick.

I am interested in this widely grip in particular, as it would be a little of the things I missing ken

Extra note if you hit your opponent with a deep cr. roundhouse and decided to shinryuken you can add more damage by tacking on a hadoken before the shinryuken. Combo will go cr. rh, s. lp. hadokenxxshinryuken. It is not a bread and butter combo and should only be used for flash.