The Ongoing Tier Thread

To counter what Popoblo said about Eagle vs A groove Sakura…

Punishing a whiffed RH with Eagle’s st FP might be possible… but is it practical? Like I mean Sagat can also punished whiffed st RH from her (and with much more damage potential) but trust me when I say, it is not the most practical thing in the world. Cuz if you have to be at very very particular distance to punish her whiffed RH. I don’t see much point to it, cuz she has so good walking speed, by the time you are ranging that exact distance, she can just walk on in and st RH from closer. I see Eagle’s cr RH as Blanka’s slide… while it is good, using it a bit much can also lead to you losing the match. I mean if Eagle lands a cr RH, so what he tripped them (and due to backward flying knockdown) he reset the match as well. Now if they predict and jump/roll the RH, Eagle is in hell. IMO.

I personally think Sak beats Eagle worse than she “beats” C/N Sagat. Cuz C/N Sagat has plenty of tools in overcoming the ground game defiencies (such as one hit and you die) where as Eagle’s one hit and you die comes only from up close. He doesn’t have the same tools to get in close to Sak like Sagat (roll).

Can’t say much about Bison… because IMO matchups don’t really apply to Bison. Cuz without meter he sucks, with meter, well he can beat anyone.

I dunno about P Cammy… cuz she is kinda retarded hard to fight in theory fighter but in reality… land a combo and you are fine.

As far as Blanka goes… IMO… in theory Eagle does beat Blanka often. But fact of matter is Blanka is so good he usually wins the matchup in reality. I mean have I never see eagle beast on Blanka ever. I instead see him annoy Blanka… and then lose still to something like hop CC (which is a valid tactic… ain’t nobody hitting someone out of a hop 100%, hell people can’t hit people out of rolls 100%, hops are faster).

EDIT:::

Buk, what is your take on Yamazaki?

not really anything to do with the thread, but I consider 6-4 a character beats another character but stuff like 7-3 to be a counter character.

Would’t P and K be better than A then?

I think Eagle is at least High-Mid, not top. I agree with Popo’s list except Sakura, i think it’s 5:5. I think that Eagle’s good on paper, it’s just that he’s a little too laggy.

edit:

Fatal Fury: I think the reason why Vega is better in A, is because he just gets meter real fast, and that makes you kill peoples faster, and that kind of makes up for his vitality weakness. Vega is too weak in the vitality area, and you really can’t rush down with him effectively that’s why I don’t like K vega. P-Vega is good, but you get more supers in A, and maybe get 1/2 full bar before he dies.

ive always been told N-Ken was better than C-Ken. im pretty sure you said it yourself buk.

is N-Ken just a personal preference or what?

I’m not buk, but I think the reason why people tell you N-Ken is better to use is because he can get inside better. C-Ken has a harder time getting inside. And the reason why C-Ken is better is because of killer supers, it’s just a little harder to get in with C ken.

I know that one person being good with characters doesnt make them good( Iyo with N-Maki/Dhalsim/Rolento). But damn, Ashley Hernandez’ K-Guile and VDO’s P-Joe/Raiden/Zangief are -ridiculous-.

the only “real” toptiers are blanka and sagat. sakura and honda are pretty much the worst characters in the game. i still cannot believe they are ranked so high. sagat and blanka are obviously the best, while a bunch of people are below them. cvs2 isnt like other games where you can use anybody and win. its not so bad as marvel though and you are only capable of using 4 characters if you want to play competitively however without blanka and sagat or atleast 1 more uppermidtier character then you cannot play and expect to win.

• blanka, sagat

UPPERMID

• cammy, eagle, vega, yamazaki, geese, bison, hibiki, rock, joe, rugal, akuma, and balrog

LOWERMID

• dhalsim, sakura, maki, zangief, ryo, athena, guile, chun-li, raiden, yuri, ryu, ken, iori, kyo, terry, nakoruru, morrigan, mai, hoahmaru, rolento, kim, dan, yun, todo, king, and benimaru

BOTTOM
chang, honda, kyosuke, vice

this is pretty much what the general tiering of cvs2 is today. i think i got everybody.

Ha, that’s funny. Vice isn’t low tier by far.

why would say youre gonna ban me when i’m just voicing out my opinion and other people come at me with their bullshit remarks. this place is for discussing things so just let me discuss things.

where do you guys think C Rugal fits into this tier picture? He looks pretty good on paper - and with meter (lvl 2) he can be deadly.

akumamaster: please destroy your tier list.

Buck Why is p kyo better then k kyo i owuld like to know that if u can please?

IMO I think confirmed top tier would only be Sagat C, Blanka C/A, Bison A, Sakura A. Some other people like C Guile, Ken, Chun are pretty good cause the people who win tournies with those players are really good in general at fighting games.

imo, the only characters that are top tier are sagat,blanka,sak,cammy and bison.

i think bison is a better character overall in K groove, but his CC is too buff.

yamazaki should be ranked higher. he has a solid ground game, good jump ins, and good RCs. i guess his supers arent cutting it nowadays tho and he has some very bad matches against runaway characters. still, hes a better character than chun li, imo.

I’m no pro but Bison is only Tier like in A- and you have to be really carefull.

But for Tears it’s easy C-Sagat A/C/K-Blanka C/P/K-Cammy A-Sakura as for mids which were listed on the first page would be C-Guile K-Geese and soforth.

Certain grooves have top tiers, like P- would be CAmmy Vega Kyo
K- would be Geese Sagat Cammy A- is what we think and know it is, Sak Bison Blanka N- is tuff I would say shotos would be on top for that groove but hey who knows, S- is debate able but Terry/shotos Chun Cammy
C- is Sagat Chun and blanka.

Guys that can be taken into into the mid high concept would be like C-Honda (Hop 360 and rc HHS is to damn good) K-Rog K-Rock and some others.

Call me a wiedo call me a freak call me don nutz cause I can’t compete. :wink:

P.S. hey smooth it’s because one parry can go into dizzyville with hella damage. He’s just better with parry then JD.

seems to me buc’s list is very accurate. imo, what seperates the top from mid tier is their matchups overall to the rest of the cast. but don’t forget, tier lists change all the time as game play evolves. it’s usually a battle for spaces 5 through 10 for who’s best.

cheese_master

honestly, you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. seriously. whiff punishing sakura’s standing roundhouse with eagle’s standing fierce is easier than doing it with sagat’s. it is still difficult, but that isn’t the FOCAL point of the matchup. i said my post was a bare bones explanation, remember?

if eagle lands a crouching rh…then he just landed a crouching rh. that’s why you’re selective about when you throw them out too, so characters with quick rolls or jumps don’t smoke you.

sak beating eagle worse than sagat? what is that based on? play sakura against me at the next cleveland tourney, i’ll own you. you’ve never seen a good eagle player, so don’t even talk about it.

matchups don’t apply to bison? eagle plays so safe against bison that situations don’t arise for him to land his CC.

eagle vs blanka, have you ever even seen a good eagle player? i don’t remember playing eagle much at the last tourney i saw you at, so that doesn’t count. i’ll be sure to use him all the time at the next tourney to show you my matchups aren’t just theory fighter.

hop into CC? that’s free damage for eagle. blanka hops at you, you press crouching fierce EVERY TIME. now blanka has 2 kinds of hops, KKK command hop and his dash. he dashes into CC, you press crouching fierce while he’s still air born. if he KKK hops at you, you press crouching fierce. if he RC KKK hops at you, eagle’s crouching fierce has enough hit frames that it’ll catch blanka while he’s landing (because blanka’s KKK hop has more recovery than his dash).

besides, people can’t punish rolls 100% because rolls are invulnerable to normals until the very end. blanka is vulnerable that WHOLE time while he’s airborn, so it’s not too safe. huge difference man.

please, don’t post if you don’t know what you’re talking about.

dialupsucky

okay, EAGLE HAS FAVORABLE MATCHUPS WITH 6 OF THE 8 TOP TIER CHARACTERS. better? favorable matchups and counters seemed kind of similar, but whatever. you need to get back into cvs2 man.

FatalFuryD

vega can land his CC and do REAL damage easier in A-groove than comboing into his super in P/K. it’s that simple.

NOW i know why apoc said he doesn’t post much about eagle, because people think you don’t know your shit and wonder why you haven’t gotten top 8 at evo with him or some stupid shit.

peace

Acually how can Sak’s RC be more annoying than electriciy or Chunli’s leg shit. But she is a beast without a doubt. I think Buk’s chart was pretty acurate in listing Sak as 2nd, but who else is better than Sagat in CvS2.

Anyways nomore flame wars guys. That shit was getting old.

heh… well I didnt want to start a arguement I was just saying, that kinda like a lot of characters beat other characters, but I think countering another character is like a whole nother story shrug…

As for getting back in the lol… Nah im 2 years with out praciting it about now, and the game doesnt look like any more fun then it used to be. Still seems like the same game lol. Thanks anyway.