The Ogre Thread

[media=youtube]mzzeW8jU5z8[/media]

Waning moon never knocked the opponent down, it leaves them in a deep stun state in which they are vulnerable. Visualizing SFxT ogre using it will be a bit odd since no footage yet but I’m getting the image of a ridiculously easier yun/yang grab. But combine the added damage you get with your general combos in this game it might be a bit too good. Hence plzbebrokenplzbebroken :badboy:

Assuming that there was no roster leak, Elena is one of the most unlikely characters to get in since nobody cares about her.

Also, Waning Moon will basically be Fei Long’s command grab but with around 20% life damage.

Ogre was a monster in T3 and TTT because he had the sickest wake-up game imaginable. It doesn’t look like he has any of the unblockables, but having WM as a command grab could be pretty nice. If he has his standing 4 and it’s the same speed and KDs I’ll be happy even if it’s uber punishable on block.

[media=youtube]kDuZglR0jaw[/media]

Ogre and all the others are up on the official site, full with Cross Arts and Supers, as well as prologue if you happen to speak japanese.

i don’t have much to go on, but i think ogre will be a monster in this game. just a hunch.

looks like Seth, concept seems similar to Seth, looks as over-the-top as Seth if not more… I think I’ll like him.

I really hope Waning Moon has decent range or is really fast. From what it looks like King and Hugo both suffer from shallow range and startup issues on their command grabs. Assuming of course it is a command grab.

Okay let’s break this shit down. (I’m going by what it looks like)

[media=youtube]2glLJ_5zjN0[/media]

@ 1 minute in

Jump Roundhouse - Animation is similiar to Makoto’s Tsurugi
Crouch LK to MK - Decent looking range.
Blazing Kick!
Okay he either did a very short hop to a 2 hit unique mid air attack or he has a special duplicate of Heihachi’s Tatsu which is similar in fashion to Dan’s tatsu.
Then finally it cuts into his Pandora into Hell Inferno super. Bah no True Ogre. :arazz:

Also I hope his headdress doesn’t have a hitbox.

that’s no blazing kick!

Isn’t that baek kicks combo?

because if it were lk to mk it would be a chain and he should’nt be able to cancel it into burning kick.

Care to venture a guess then? It’s similar to the Blazing Kick animation enough and well it’s blazin’

Which Baek kick combo? Baek sure has a lot of them. What if the lk > mk thing was part of a Unique attack?

@2:25

looks really similar except that ogre is using diferent legs for each hit while baek uses the same.

Considering he did have that move back in T3, that’s not a too farfetched idea. Still somewhat puzzling why they would not just use the same animation as the first low kick for the second one though. Wonder what the actual Blazing Kick would look then If that wasn’t it.

so they added seth without adding seth?

O_o

I like Seth’s hat =)

Considering Ogre predates Seth by over a decade and will play completely different… no. The base design is what it is, a barely clothed muscular humanoid, considering the artstyle of this game they were always going to look similar, especially since their design overlaps in the first place.

Yup, and Ogre is no “Green Seth”. Seth is “Blue Ogre”, since Ogre was created years before Seth :stuck_out_tongue:

So Seth is basically a naked, albino Ogre.

I’m totally customizing him to make him look like a Saint Seiya character. I just hope he gets a custom normal skin color.