The Official Convention Thread

Zeph - Rules and Regulations thread I have to keep stuck because those are my marching orders from people above me in the SRK chain. All of the big “Discussion Groups” forums have rules up there in one way or another, sometimes it’s just a big announcement of sorts. Though yeah it is like you say for the most part, people get along well in this forum and stuff. There’s lots of things that go on that you don’t see because I get rid of stuff pretty fast and there have been lots of ninja mods who have helped out in the past, but overall it’s not an illusion of peace but the real thing. Everyone is great. :tup: I dunno about people agreeing with each other time but yeash who would want that, it would make for a dull place. :smile:

I’ve only answered your ‘must read comics’ sticky thread request a bunch of times already. The answer is in maxx’s Deathstroke defeats the JLA comic, no really. :rofl: J/K but seriously I still feel the majority of the threads are ‘must read comics’ threads in a way. I dunno chalk this one up to your mod is a dummy if you want. :rofl: Or maybe I just don’t think noobs read sticky threads / older posts or use search engines when asking a question like what they should read next. I don’t want to be the “Read this thread - insert link - LOCKED!” jerk or the “Merged with sticky thread now go look for it” jerk that I probably come off as most of the time anyway lol! Shrug, I’m more of the every comic must be read by somebody mindset, even if it’s by an unlucky editor oooh…

It is a lot of stuck threads, for the time being I unstuck ‘Other Publishers’ because people are opting to post in seperate threads for indies. There tends to be a lot of non Marvel/DC talk in P.Gorath’s TPB thread too.

The reason I initially didn’t want to make a sticky con thread when it was brought up long ago by Deathscythe is that I didn’t feel it would be really active over time. So I guess we’ll see. If it gets really inactive I’ll cut it loose.

Pictures aside and all of that I figure people can use this place to tell people about cons in their area and stuff, discuss their experiences and so on.

Oh and that’s not my friend in the picture, I think it’s a girl… :rofl:

Here is the Baltimore list for 2008.

one of reason the baltimore comic con is pretty strong because (Steve Geppi) the owner of diamond comic distributors is headquartered in the area and he also owns the geppi entertainment museum which happens to be walking distance from the baltimore convention center.

I’ll be at the NY Anime Con next week too. It seems you are at all the same conventions I am…

Cool man. Chances are I’ll be hanging with Dragonthebomb, he doesn’t post on SRK anymore lol! Master Chibi and maxx might be going, not sure. I’ll PM you just before the show if you want to meet up there and stuff.

When you see Dragonthebomb tell him thanks for taking my money and never sending me the finished SF inserts. Also tell him thanks for never replying to my emails after the fact. Don’t know if he is your friend or not, but thats some shady shit to pull with someone. :bluu:

2 months to go?

Vacation to the Philippines for the entire month of February. I’m counting days now, almost there. :tup:

Thanks, it kinda blew me away when he handed it back to me, but it’s the first sketch in the book, and I think he wanted to set the bar high for anybody else who would sketch in it after him.

I think I’m gonna theme the sketchbook for teen heroes. I’ve got a separate, smaller book for any adult heroes I may want sketches of.

Man, Baltimore’s lineup is pretty slick. I might just give it a shot, if I can make the time, and the money to make the trip worthwhile.

but then, some friends were talking about Chicago next year too, so I dunno.

Yeah he’s my friend. Well, I met him through the net and only see him at cons for the most part. I’ll bring it up. Sorry about that. :sad:

well you should see the list from sept 2007

sorry but there were too many names but the ones who were in bold had some long ass lines for their signatures. no wonder i couldnt find romita jr to sign my shit!

Udoneko, Erik Ko of Studio Udon just posted this in the ‘When is the next issue of Street Fighter coming out’ thread! :clap:

It’s coming up this weekend now. Who’s goin’? When you gonna be there?
I have to be there all 3 days, 10-6, I’m working at the booth for some site called Gaia Online. (Don’t check out their site, it’s a pile of shit)
What about you guys?

I’ll be there all 3 days. Don’t know what times, depends on how things go. Friday I want to hit up Udon’s booth really fast and bug them for some sketches so I’ll be there from 12:00 on. Saturday I want to attend the DMC4 / DMC Anime panel at 11:00, I’m gonna have to show up crazy early if it’s crowded like the NY Comic Con on a Saturday was just to make it in for that. Sunday Udon has their panel but it’s like at 3:00 so that’s an easy one to attend. Also gonna attend lots of random stuff and screenings but these are the main 3.

I’ll send you a PM. :slight_smile:

See you at the convention later. I don’t know what you look like, but if you see me walking around say what’s up. I look like this, just shorter hair. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey man good meeting you in person! :tup:

So far the con has ruled! I stopped by the Udon booth and got Omar Dogan to sketch Saya, the final boss of Namco x Capcom and Joe NG sketched Mukuro, the ninja from Warzard. Man they’ll really sketch anyone if you bring enough references! :tup: I explained Saya’s character to Omar Dogan telling him she’s a villain who flirts with people, and he described her as Morrigan. I said “Yep, that’s pretty much it.” :rofl: I hung out at the Udon booth for a long time, it was fun! I got both Omar Dogan and Joe to sign a bunch of stuff, SF Legends Sakura #1, the TPB of SFL Sakura which Omar Dogan has never seen before because it’s out of circulation in Canada lol, the mini comic Dogan did that came with the SF2 Animated Movie and my new hardcore cover of The Art of Capcom that I got at the booth! :lovin: From them I also got the Ryu door poster that I didn’t have before and the new Robot book they put out. I talked a lot to them about upcoming stuff, like another Onimusha manga, art books on Okami and Mega Man Zero, Omar Dogan working on Konami’s Track & Field game for the DS and they spoke about the SF comic returning, but obviously they can’t go into detail until their panel on Sunday!

CAPCOM CAME DOWN HOORAY!!! I got to play the demo of Devil May Cry 4 they had running on both 360s and PS3s man the graphics = sex! Big fan of DMC3 so looking forward to the next installment! They had Zack & Wiki too for the Wii but not being a Wii owner I didn’t understand that Wii mote much so I can’t say anything about it. :rofl:

SNKP also came down and so did Namco! They had KOF and Tekken hooked up to wall projectors so the images of the screens were on the wall! Man that was beautiful!

Picked up some mini fan made images of chibi KOF characters and a chibi Felicia, heh heh! Some underground comics and stuff from people I went to school with, dang I saw some people I haven’t seen since High School. On the anime end I just got stuff that I was lacking, Naruto uncut volume 3, Guyver 6 and 7 and Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Second Gig volume 3, all at discounted prices and tax free. :tup:

Watched some anime for free at the show. Saw 2 episodes of Tokyo Maijin which was really cool, Then I saw 20 minutes off the new Appleseed movie, Appleseed EX Machina. Looks amazing, like 10 times better than the previous movie and the first movie was gorgeous besides! John Woo directed the action scenes and let me tell ya, they sure are John Woo crazy! They opened the panel up to questions, I asked them about a short scene I saw of white doves flying over a church in the initial trailer asking “That was John Woo right?” giving the audience a good laugh. The producer that was present said that there was talk of John Woo coming on but it wasn’t official yet, so the animators did that scene as a tribute to him. So when John Woo came on officially they were worried that he would be offended, but of course he was a sport about it! :rofl:

Having a blast! Now I have to go to sleep really soon to wake up crazy early to make sure I get in on that DMC4 / DMC Anime panel. Saturday crowds can get really crazy and if it’s anything like the NY Comic con that had a line from 35th to 45th street it’s gonna be nuts. Darn morning panels…

sano how much are they selling the hc’s for?

In a very uncool move by the company I was working for, they told me they don’t need me the third day. Uncool in the sense that I don’t get paid. Maybe I’ll come hang out though, instead of work.

I think they were going for 60 bucks if I remember right.

THE ANIME CON RULED! Hell I liked it even better than the 2007 NY Comic Con and that con was no slouch either! I’ll talk about everything I did on Saturday and Sunday in greater detail tomorrow but right now I’m currently tapped out / exhausted from everything I did at the show. Lots of pictures coming soon! :party:

Sano, did you happen to see my friend and mention the money he stole from me? Just curious as to what he had to say for himself.

Hook up with me when you get here.