The NGBC Strat Thread

I’m wondering if anybody knows any Asura combos? I’ve found only crappy ones… :frowning:

Asura? Hmm… You got me on that one. I’m a Rock User myself. He and Kim are probably my best. But I’ll look for you, ok?

From what I could gather…

This simple low-hitting combo shouldn’t be too hard to do.
crouching B (1 hit), Nolliennos, B-version Rogehpleb
This combo won’t work if the opponent is in the corner, so I suggest using A-version Rogehpleb instead.

hcb+B (Nommam counter activated, presumably) or qcb, hcf+D (L1 Legna-Hcra) into qcf+C (triple arrow Suedomsa) or qcb, hcf+B (L2 Natas)

Yeah…he’s not much of a combo character.

Combo wise I’d say Kim is the most versatile. Though Rock and Kyo are awesome combo people as well…

Asura can connect 4 or 5 DP+A or B in the corner,and is cancelable, maybe you can connect a super if you have lucky…

he can connect some attacks after the parry too ( hcb+a/b/c ) like the DP move…i’n not tested if he can connect the arrows.

You can set up the UB with Asura and with DP B if your opponent is stupid enough to not “get it” you can sure as hell do MORE than 4 DP+b…I registered 99 hits…hehehehe…

Funniest thing happened yesterday. I racked up 10 wins with Shermie/Mai. Honestly, I never thought Mai was as combo happy as she is in NGBC. Nor Shermie. SNK made her more counter happy with her grabs. In addition to that, Her f+b can be linked after almost anything and can be linkened into almost anything.

where’s the yuki love?

Yuki love is rare… I’ll look up some stuff on him…

Yuki takes work…but some of his normals are safe and you GOTTA POWERUP with him quite often…

So I just got this game, and I wanna pick up Hotaru.

What do I need to know and practice with her?

yeah i want to learn her too.

i heard shes really good second to mr. big (or is that marco)

all i know is that she has a good crossup and you can pretty much combo anything into her d/f c which then goes into the launch kick then break xx orgasm super.

does anyone have any vids of her? i want to know how to use her stances properly

See my post in NeoGeo Battle Coliuseum thread in FGD(Not too far from the current page just look back a bit)…I give a little breakdown of her…also there is a Hotaru GOOD FAQ in gamefaqs for NGBC I HIGHLY recommend going to it…its in the arcade section of gamefaqs.

Good stuff. Today I also picked up Hanzo seriously today. He seems to be my absolute best character. I can do all the big damage combos and all, and have some sound strategies and with mixups and stuff. I wanna make him better, and in doing that, I’d like to learn how to utilize his teleports a little better. Right now, I use them for confusion/mixup during my block strings for now, and for escaping and positioning only when I know it is safe to do so.

Anyone know any others ways I can utilize his teleport a little better??

Hanzo is peh to me. I prefer Fuma due to his combo capablilites… But i can’t stress my love to Shermie enough. i want a challenge dammit.

just one question…

is this game broken?

Not as broken as SvC if that’s what you are thinking…

but still broken? on a scale of 1-10 (10 being worst) where does it lie

It’s brokenness is like at 3-4 methinks…

Yeah seeing as there is a glitch for Kyo and Iori to be on the screen at the same time. And you control both of them. Who else knows about it?