The Netflix Thread

Disney will pull all their movies and TV shows from Netflix and start their own streaming service

Sucks for them. I’ll be downloading all their shit now.

I respect the hustle…Disney basically has a gigantic library of content from Marvel to Star Wars.

Guess I am never watching Disney films again.
I am not opening up a 2nd account for a streaming service.

Or a third, lol

https://youtu.be/ly019ZF0lsk

If it’s from Chuck Lorre…odds are I’ll end up hating it after the first season.

Word. Netflix is already too much for me. Can’t be paying another 5-20 a month (it’s disney, lets pray it isn’t even 15 a month.) Just because I got a craving for Tarzan or some shit.

We’re heading into a glut of streaming services anyway. All these separate ones trying to make us pay $10-15 for EACH. It’s making it no different than having cable TV. I hope soon they figure this out but until then…

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/onepiece/images/8/87/Straw_Hat_Pirates'_Jolly_Roger.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/350?cb=20130314063139

Yeah they are really getting carried away. Netflix is already pissing me off with their licensing of good anime and then making you wait six months to see it like they don’t know what simulcasting is…

Licensing now is the worst. I remember back in 2007 when online streaming was introduced by Netflix and companies just signed off because they didn’t get it. Now,welp, everyone wants a slice of the pie.

Netflix isn’t even making profits and isn’t projected to make a single profit in the next two decades.

android box ladies and gentlemen

ive read stuff saying its going forward and that the stuff on netflix now stays. curious how this affects marvel shows

Netflix Marvel shows are staying. It’s stated in the article.

im curious when the streaming service bubble is gonna crash. no way people are gonna continue to pay 10 dollars here and there for all these different services. its gonna crash hard within the next 10 years…if that.

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/NFLX/3688598571x0x924415/A5ACACF9-9C17-44E6-B74A-628CE049C1B0/Q416ShareholderLetter.pdf

Just started watching this as well, just finished ep 1. Bateman is brilliant at pulling off the serious/subtle dark humour

It’s always some weird combination of business and short-term gain. These companies don’t realize that they could make substantial long-term profits off of just licensing their content to multiple services instead of just one. But they want to own a piece of the pie so badly that they’re gonna gut the would be competitors to make way for themselves. Don’t get me wrong, Disney has enough content to leverage something like this but this is still ridiculous.

Though they have been half-assing it in their established deal with Netflix from the beginning. I mean how many Star Wars and MCU movies are present on the service? Not many…

What’s considered Latin Europe?

And just as with all bubbles, there will only be one or two kings and it’s already Netflix.

:tup:

i can see disney working but all these other channels like cbs,hbo and stuff. i just dont feel like they have enough content for people to give a fuck about. disney has stuff for adults and kids decades of content plus they are constantly expanding so i can see it doing well.